New kit?? (1 Viewer)

Essexrobbie

Probably one of the worst shirts we've ever had. The Pique Polo shirt in the club shop is miles better...and only £22!. Plain sky blue with white trim that really makes the badge stand out. Other sides don't mess about with the styles of their shirts ever other season. Can you imagine Man U, City Liverpool or Everton going to strips one year and plain the next or something in the middle. Lets have an identity and bloody well stick to it.

ajsccfc

We're not really associated with a solid one-colour shirt like they are, our most famous day was in stripes after all.

Shakeitup

Probably one of the worst shirts we've ever had. The Pique Polo shirt in the club shop is miles better...and only £22!. Plain sky blue with white trim that really makes the badge stand out. Other sides don't mess about with the styles of their shirts ever other season. Can you imagine Man U, City Liverpool or Everton going to strips one year and plain the next or something in the middle. Lets have an identity and bloody well stick to it.

If we had a proper chairman (rather than a revolving door of hedge fund employees) then I'd like them to have the balls to say: this is our identity and this is what we stick too!

fernandopartridge

If we had a proper chairman (rather than a revolving door of hedge fund employees) then I'd like them to have the balls to say: this is our identity and this is what we stick too!

Yeah, we had a proper chairman who is (rightly) lauded on here. In the 1980s that chairman oversaw the design of a shirt that was based around a car manufacturer's logo. He even wanted the club to be renamed!

Ridiculous, saw a nike top exactly the same as ours for £20 and we sell ours for £45 and only difference is the club logo and alsopp and alsopp logo. Have link of you want it

skybluegod

I have some bad news for Coventry Fans, it doesn't matter what colour our shirt is, it will always look horrible on our alarmingly high level of overweight supporters...

skybluelee

Ridiculous, saw a nike top exactly the same as ours for £20 and we sell ours for £45 and only difference is the club logo and alsopp and alsopp logo. Have link of you want it

Hardly new news is it? Are all the other clubs with template shirts selling to their fans at £20-25? It's been like this forever. Not saying its right but its not a Coventry thing.

clint van damme

my sons mate just came round the house with the full kit on, looks nice. However not impressed with G & R Scaffolding on the back of the shorts!

Gazolba

Yeah but this one is 80% white and we are the Sky Blues. <snip>.

Ever look at the sky? There are white clouds up there! Usually more white than blue up there

Gaz71

Looking back at our kits we used to play in white so don't see what the fuss is with this kit.
544164fc6ad30b12a73cd5463f8a27fc.jpg

Sky Blue Kid

We're not really associated with a solid one-colour shirt like they are, our most famous day was in stripes after all.
Wrong mate. That was over 6 games. All Sky Blue is, and always will be the "One solid colour" that won our Club promotions from 3rd to 1st Division(Premier League) Or maybe I'm not taking into consideration your age ;)

Ccfcjml71

It's just a kit.....! Love it or hate it, It doesn't define who we are as a football club. Our history and our fans do. I quite like it, probably look better when we see team playing in it, regardless they could be wearing the brown kit for all I care if we are all celebrating promotion at the end of the season! PUSB everyone, roll on August!

Ccfcjml71

Ask Man U. to play in light Blue shirts, or Man C. to play in Red shirts. I wonder what reaction you'd get ;)
Well we aren't playing in Red are we? The shirt is half white and sky blue. Emphasising the sky blue element! You don't like, you don't like, that's cool, wear a Sky Blue shirt you like from days gone by to matches. Again all that matters is us winning matches, and getting out of this god forsake division. PUSB

theferret

The constant switching from solid colour to stripes and back again is a bit odd, no other team does that. But then, looking at the graphic above it is something we have done throughout our history and so is probably unique to us and perhaps we should embrace it. Not keen on the new shirt, but not that arsed. People will buy it and in a year we'll have a new one.

skyblue1991

Interesting. Post a link please I want to see it

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ccfcjml71

Perhaps being controversial here guys, but I don't get buying a templated version? I'm tightest people at the most of times but the most important part is missing from the shirt - the club badge! Again my opinion.

If you don't like that shirt, fine, don't buy it, what's the point of buying an unbranded one, to save £20? A football shirt these days are 10-month investment if the shirt is launched in June, what's that, it works out £4.50 a month to support you team, that's pack of fags less a month or one less Maccies D's a month. Most importantly Mowbray doesn't receive a single penny from people buying templates, we all a play a big part in getting out of this shitty league.

The reality is we are a lower league club, at the minute, all lower league clubs get to pick a choice of a templates with their club colours, Nike/Adidas (whoever) will sell these to the club, and the club will put money on top so they actually earn something, they don't get them for free nor do Nike pay anything, they only produce the shirts that city have paid for.

Ccfcjml71

The constant switching from solid colour to stripes and back again is a bit odd, no other team does that. But then, looking at the graphic above it is something we have done throughout our history and so is probably unique to us and perhaps we should embrace it. Not keen on the new shirt, but not that arsed. People will buy it and in a year we'll have a new one.
I do agree with that, to be fair. Like Newcastle let's stick to our stripes or Man U and stick to solid colours.

skybluelee

It's just a kit.....! Love it or hate it, It doesn't define who we are as a football club. Our history and our fans do. I quite like it, probably look better when we see team playing in it, regardless they could be wearing the brown kit for all I care if we are all celebrating promotion at the end of the season! PUSB everyone, roll on August!

Of course our kit defines us. Sky blue has been a key part of our identity for 55 years. This year's shirt is at least 90% white which is piss poor on the club's part as far as I'm concerned.

Ccfcjml71

Mine arrived yesterday. Excellent delivery speed. The shirt is even worse close up.

Of course our kit defines us. Sky blue has been a key part of our identity for 55 years. This year's shirt is at least 90% white which is piss poor on the club's part as far as I'm concerned.
So I understand you believe Coventry City is only about our kit colour? Wow. Let's agree to disagree here. Think few thinks contribute to who we are, club badge, fans, our history, our successes, failures, most importantly what city we play in! Whilst our nickname is the Sky Blues, let's remember our name is Coventry City, that is more important than any colour. If there were absoutley no Sky Blue in the shirt I too would be up in arms, reality is 50% of the KIT (shorts & socks included) are Sky Blue.

Users who are viewing this thread