New Kit (1 Viewer)

Alkhen

More interesting hints: Northern Irish side Crusaders have signed with Hummel, and these are their new kits:

New-Crusaders-FC-Hummel-Home-Kit-2020-2021.jpg

EventSec-Crusaders-FC-Shirt-Sponsor-2020-21.jpg

Their home kit is the first example I’ve seen of an original design for our own kit (albeit one based on an older template shared by many) being used as a template for another side, this time with the newer collar design seen above.

New-Crusaders-FC-Away-Shirt-2020-21.jpg

Their away kit is based on a standard 2021 teamwear template, again based on a late 80s Hummel template (you might recall Spurs wore this in the 1987 FA Cup final). This is the more interesting one for me as I suspect we could end up using this template, if not for the home then maybe our away kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1595176523118.png
This in chocolate brown with white (never sky-blue 🤮) trim/details would be perfect 👌

kapowaz

In fairness I think the Forward Madison designs are entirely in-house and not shared elsewhere. Most of Hummel's designs I've seen appear to be shared teamwear-type designs. Ours was unusual in that nobody else used the same design all season.

BornSlippySkyBlue

None of these other Hummel kits are in the same league as the one from this (last) season, and some of them are awful tbh.
I fear this will be their problem this season. They’ve set he bar quite high. If they did a version of the chocolate brown kit they might get my approval.

kapowaz

I’m reserving judgment until we see what they’ve got to offer. The kits Hummel did for Everton look pretty nice (the collar isn’t bespoke, but the design is subtly done and nice) whereas the kits for L1/L2 sides look very template for the most part. I’m hoping that being a Championship side now (and they probably knew that was likely before they designed it) they’ve put in a good amount of effort.

SeaSeeEffCee

We get bespoke kits don’t we? Know they’ve turned last season’s kits into a template now but we were the only ones with it last season weren’t we?

Reactions: TTG

pipkin73

We get bespoke kits don’t we? Know they’ve turned last season’s kits into a template now but we were the only ones with it last season weren’t we?
Agree, it looks like ours done so well last years that others are using it as a template for theirs.
Still, the 2 tone one seems to have stayed as ours.

Sick Boy

I’m reserving judgment until we see what they’ve got to offer. The kits Hummel did for Everton look pretty nice (the collar isn’t bespoke, but the design is subtly done and nice) whereas the kits for L1/L2 sides look very template for the most part. I’m hoping that being a Championship side now (and they probably knew that was likely before they designed it) they’ve put in a good amount of effort.
I think the design was done relatively early last season, I’m sure I read it somewhere.

lacesoutdom

im not really sure which other kit they can revamp of ours apart from the chocolate one, and its gotta be something special to be on par with our home kit this year.

i fear seeing all these hummels, that we were almost guinea pigs to bring in the big bucks from other clubs, wonder if they had their acronyms and words from their songs on the inside of the collars?

CanadianCCFC

A chocolate brown away kit would be amazing but I was always quite fond of green and black stripes. I wonder if this could also be re-vamped somehow?
Missed out on that one last season (or is it considered 2 seasons ago now) but I love the black and green.

chiefdave

i fear seeing all these hummels, that we were almost guinea pigs to bring in the big bucks from other clubs, wonder if they had their acronyms and words from their songs on the inside of the collars?
Didn't the chap from Hummel say our kit designs were agreed months ago and were even more adventurous than this season. Sure I remember something where he was saying they liked working with us as we were basically up for anything where other clubs play it safe.

Given how well they sold this year I'm sure the club are going to put some effort in rather than just pick something out of a team wear catalogue.

skybluesam66

interesting program on netflix re Admiral kits, we are of course heavily featured - charts the rise and fall of Admiral, as the leaders in Repiica shirts, and the chocolate brown kit being the "worst" kit of all time, but now one of the most sought after

AOM

Didn't the chap from Hummel say our kit designs were agreed months ago and were even more adventurous than this season. Sure I remember something where he was saying they liked working with us as we were basically up for anything where other clubs play it safe.

Given how well they sold this year I'm sure the club are going to put some effort in rather than just pick something out of a team wear catalogue.

Yeah in the interview with Dave Boddy, he was saying the designs for the kits were signed off last year and then it just takes ages to manufacture them, etc.

I'd imagine the pressure is on for the club to top last seasons kits due to how popular they were and how well they sold!

skyblu3sk

If you listen to the interview with DB he talked about the fact the kits had been designed again this year the same way there were last year and would be bespoke.

kapowaz

Funny, I’ve always thought a halved top would work for us. Two different shades of sky blue. Of course, you couldn’t do it this year as the retro Hummel pin stripes effectively create a halved pattern anyway, but one for the future?

lifeskyblue

Wouldn't mind that and a red/green away version to replicate city colours. Imagine most would prefer red/white, purple/yellow, green/black or brown/white though.

I’m with you on a red and green kit. Perhaps next year if we get a brown version for this years away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BornSlippySkyBlue

Wouldn't mind that and a red/green away version to replicate city colours. Imagine most would prefer red/white, purple/yellow, green/black or brown/white though.
Red and green should not be seen without something in between. Sky blue stripes?
Actually agree, red and green would be good. Also brown.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

My only caveat to it is I think they're the colours of Cov Utd.

We did have a red and green kit way, way, way back

Users who are viewing this thread