New kit announced in the coming days (1 Viewer)

CCFC_Charlie

Name and numbers look awful on stripes though, you can barely see them on the players. Would prefer a striped back but practically for the players it makes sense.

hill83

Yep that Aidan McCartney is a twat and a shit journalist. I tweeted before that the CT is a terrible newspaper and the stories are just pointless, he then angrily messaged me on Twitter saying 'What the fuck do you expect me to do, there's no stories to run. Think before you tweet you idiot, like to see you do a better job' before blocking me.

Nice chap.

Ha ha! No doubt there was a poll and a slightly 'misplaced' link to an advert in his response too.

hill83

Name and numbers look awful on stripes though, you can barely see them on the players. Would prefer a striped back but practically for the players it makes sense.

I'm sure there's a league rule about it. I could be completely wrong though.

kg82

Must be just me that doesn't give a crap about the patch on the back or the sponsor! Overall I think the kit looks really smart.

lewys33

Must be just me that doesn't give a crap about the patch on the back or the sponsor! Overall I think the kit looks really smart.

I would prefer it as just stripes, but it is what it is. It may look better with name/number but I think grown adults look moronic with names and numbers on the back.

kg82

I would prefer it as just stripes, but it is what it is. It may look better with name/number but I think grown adults look moronic with names and numbers on the back.

I get what people are saying. However, if people get it, the majority of them are getting it to wear to a football match, where everyone else is in the same boat! I might get the complaints if they were planning on wearing it in some swanky club or Monte Carlo! I can't see many doing that though!

hill83

I get what people are saying. However, if people get it, the majority of them are getting it to wear to a football match, where everyone else is in the same boat! I might get the complaints if they were planning on wearing it in some swanky club or Monte Carlo! I can't see many doing that though!

I've seen the odd Cov top in Heat, so it does happen.

rondog1973

Not forgetting that the Sky Blues is only less than half of the CCFC story.

I like the new kit. 87-91 were probably the most stable years for City wearing stripes and navy shorts.
Yep, once bought this 50's retro jersey consisting of royal blue & white stripes in the early 90's. Wore it away at Sheff Utd one season and got some right funny looks off the local contingent in the pub before the game. What I like about this kit is that you cannot mistake it for anyone else but Cov.

cornoccfc

£44 for a sunday league football shirt? They can fuck right off.

Buy one for £11.63 and sew on a badge which probably costs a couple of quid. Job done.

http://www.discountfootballkits.com/Nike-Striped-Division-University-Blue-White-Short-Sleeved-Shirt

seriously tempted to do just that, £57 is a bit much

be nice if the club explain the hike; wouldn't be surprised if it's a result of the retail bit being taking over, or perhaps the switch to Nike? Then again, I'm sure most clubs settle for £40+£10 max, for a custom shirt

Skyblueloyal

I said to my mate last week it will be red and white ( red body with white on arms ) but I don't want stripes on that too

MatthewWallis

I said to my mate last week it will be red and white ( red body with white on arms ) but I don't want stripes on that too

There's a lot of white on the home shirt, so I doubt it will have white on the away shirt. I'd like to think there's some actual thought into this year so when we play Peterborough away we don't have to wear an old kit.

I think it will probably be red/black or red/Grey

Johnnythespider

attachment.php
Deal breaker.

Nick

Administrator
Are people really moaning because you can get an unbranded (club branded) a fair bit cheaper? Isn't this the same for any shirt from any club nowadays?

NorthernWisdom

Are people really moaning because you can get an unbranded (club branded) a fair bit cheaper? Isn't this the same for any shirt from any club nowadays?

Probably.

Anyway, talking of sizes, bought a knockoff Roma top when I went on holiday, a whole 7 euros.

Got XL but fuck me, I looked more like the Only Gay in the Village it was so tight:pimp:

Terry Gibson's perm

looks good apart from the sponsor

i know clubs need the money but they ruin tops

i remember "Granada Bingo" across the Hummel kit in the late 80's... fucking atrocious

Not as good as Glazepta or Tallon

cornoccfc

For me, it's the price increase, I think £40 is too much, but it's become the 'norm' price for a replica, then £10 for personalisation on top. Pushing this to 44 and 13 just seems a bit much.

I note Charlton have exactly the same structure; so maybe a Just Sport thing.

And it's a 1 season kit as well.

What was the previous price I haven't bought one since we left hr

£40 standard.

Except one season (when green/black was away) they did a deal, something like £60 or £70 for both home and away, if I remember rightly.

Joy Division

Nope. Couldnt do it with any of our previous shirts.

ccfc92

Just seen a pic of the back of the new shirt. Looks horrific. The front looks fantastic, but it's ruined by that plain second shirt stuck to the striped shirt.

Users who are viewing this thread