New kit announced in the coming days (1 Viewer)

Astute

The back may look shit but as stated earlier in the thread it isn't by choice, it is a Football League rule

The FL rules say the back must look shit? :thinking about:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

attachment.php
spotted this on facebook last seasons Corby town top

It's utterly horrendous the stripes are a different shade of blue to the back patch, looks so cheap, think people are being very gullible to the Nike 'tick' on it, oh well enjoy.

cornoccfc

It's utterly horrendous the stripes are a different shade of blue to the back patch, looks so cheap, think people are being very gullible to the Nike 'tick' on it, oh well enjoy.

Is the difference shade confirmed?

I thought that in the photos but thought it might have just been the lighting?

ajsccfc

If you look at the short sleeved template version on Prodirect the back panel is a lot darker

80080.jpg

But on the long sleeved it looks alright

80116.jpg

Hopefully it's just the lighting on some shots.

cornoccfc

SW have a striped back
transparent.gif

Stevenage went for a plain back... I think this would have been better than the blue box.

transparent.gif

transparent.gif

Last edited:

cornoccfc

If you look at the short sleeved template version on Prodirect the back panel is a lot darker

But on the long sleeved it looks alright

Hopefully it's just the lighting on some shots.

Hmmm, might need to see one in the flesh then.

What with the price and the reveal of the awful back, I'm liking this kit less and less.

Bob Latchford

Front fine
Back horrible
Price too high
Won't be buying that garbage.

ajsccfc

I'm hanging all my hopes on the away. No stripes, trade-in discount to get rid of the tissue paper 14/15 away, and it'll either be brown or hot pink. Fingers crossed!

lewys33

It looks like the collar/back of the shirt is a different material, so it is most definitely going to be a different shade of blue, albeit not really noticeable.

People will moan about anything. If it had stripes on the back but cost £48 like the sheff weds kit everyone would still moan. Feel free to go buy a wasps shirt and get your free tickets.

ajsccfc

You can have multiple threads on numerous subjects, it's not like time spent in this thread is taking away from real issues.

wingy

You can have multiple threads on numerous subjects, it's not like time spent in this thread is taking away from real issues.
Don't like the back.
Seems the ladies are not happy as a female version will not be available(don't know If that's been covered as haven't read the thread)
Caller on Free radio not happy!!

Edit;-Sorry Aj not meant to be quoting your post

chiefdave

Do people wear these out and about? If not what does it matter what the back looks like. With the exception of a game and the start of the season and a game at the end of the season we'll all be wearing jackets to keep warm so nobody will even see the back!

Joy Division

It looks like the collar/back of the shirt is a different material, so it is most definitely going to be a different shade of blue, albeit not really noticeable.

People will moan about anything. If it had stripes on the back but cost £48 like the sheff weds kit everyone would still moan. Feel free to go buy a wasps shirt and get your free tickets.

I think people are moaning because the kit is a cheap sunday league piece of tat.

Joy Division

How have you worked that one out? Some people will never be happy - that's the extent of it.

Because the kit is being supplied by the same company as the Sunday league team I play for, and we are pretty dire. I think half the teams we play have had a similar kit, didn't particularly notice it with our other shirts we've had which I've quite liked in general.

Other than that I'm a pretty happy person. :)

chiefdave

The Puma kits, apart from the FA Cup replica and retro shirt, were the same weren't they? Template kits that are available to everyone.

shmmeee

The Puma kits, apart from the FA Cup replica and retro shirt, were the same weren't they? Template kits that are available to everyone.

Yeah its the facts of being a small team on a budget. Would cost loads to print a few thousand specially.

Still think the kits looked better last year though.

ajsccfc

We got the bespoke kit for our retro one a few seasons back, and that was so good as far as I'm concerned they can give us generic crap with faded Leicester sponsors on it until the end of time.

chiefdave

We got the bespoke kit for our retro one a few seasons back, and that was so good as far as I'm concerned they can give us generic crap with faded Leicester sponsors on it until the end of time.

From memory I think the bespoke kits required a relatively high volume of orders. It seemed to work OK with the retro kit but then when they did it again with the FA Cup replica they couldn't shift them despite them being limited edition and ended up selling them off in a sale. Probably put them off going down that route again.

Users who are viewing this thread