New kit announced in the coming days (3 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
When you think they are made in some sweat shop for 50p the Mark up is a total rip off to the public
Aren't they made in the UK? I know they were before

CJ_covblaze

There's a new supplier so I guess the away kit will be changed too.

CJ_covblaze

I thought that to. Can't see them having different suppliers for the two kits though.

CovisGod

Some clarification from the club would be nice on this wouldn't it. A lot of clubs have had there new kits announced and we don't know who our kit supplier is, what our home kit looks like or if our away kit scheduled to be used next season is in fact out of date. I only got my away shirt in March thinking we had it next season aswell

skybluelee

I quite like this one...

attachment.php

That looks like the sort of knock-off thats sold in a bucket and spade shop in a Spanish holiday resort for 3 Euros.

CJ_covblaze

Some clarification from the club would be nice on this wouldn't it. A lot of clubs have had there new kits announced and we don't know who our kit supplier is, what our home kit looks like or if our away kit scheduled to be used next season is in fact out of date. I only got my away shirt in March thinking we had it next season aswell

If the away shirt does change it'll be interesting to see where people who bought one stand. I'm sure this happened before when the sponsor changed.

skybluelee

If the away shirt does change it'll be interesting to see where people who bought one stand. I'm sure this happened before when the sponsor changed.

Suspect the away shirt will default into being the 3rd kit. Not that anybody should need a fucking 3rd shirt imo.

lewys33

If we are changing supplier I would like to see a smaller or "not used it football" firm. Hopefully it would be more tailored to our requirements rather than the generic design with our colours.

Under Armour perhaps?

mark82

If we are changing supplier I would like to see a smaller or "not used it football" firm. Hopefully it would be more tailored to our requirements rather than the generic design with our colours.

Under Armour perhaps?

Won't happen. Will be an off the shelf design as its cheaper. Really wish we would do what you say just can't see it.

On the away kit, still says on club shop site that it's away kit 2014-2016.

chiefdave

Won't happen. Will be an off the shelf design as its cheaper. Really wish we would do what you say just can't see it.

The retro kit and the FA Cup one we used against Spurs were both bespoke. Believe you can have bespoke so long as you hit a certain minimum order.

See Puma / Newcastle have managed to unveil their new kit with the Wonga logo on it a few hours after Wonga changed their logo and are now apparently stuck with it as its too late to change!

mark82

The retro kit and the FA Cup one we used against Spurs were both bespoke. Believe you can have bespoke so long as you hit a certain minimum order.

See Puma / Newcastle have managed to unveil their new kit with the Wonga logo on it a few hours after Wonga changed their logo and are now apparently stuck with it as its too late to change!

Can have bespoke but would cost more. Hope news of moving away from Puma is true because I really don't like the kits we've had from them.

Noggin

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/coventry-city-agree-new-kit-3066433

Puma deal has definitely expired. It's just a case of whether it's renewed, or we go elsewhere

Assuming they arn't paying us or providing the shirts for free (which I assume is right because we've clearly not had the money to buy more shirts this year after the break-in) I don't understand why this isn't something we do ourselves. No one buys football shirts because they have addidas or puma logos on them, we buy them because they have ccfc logos on them.

do it ourselves, have a competition to design the shirt, club chooses their favourite 10 entries, put them up on the club website for fans to vote (probably in the area you have to log into with your supporter number to prevent troll voting from other clubs that think we'd look fabulous in pink) winner of the vote becomes our shirt, the designer gets 4 free season tickets, a game in a box where the man of the match will provide a shirt to them signed by all the players, the fans feel engaged and get the shirt they want which increases sales and we get it made by a Chinese manufacturer for a few dollars a shirt (which seems to be the going rate from looking at alibaba.com if you order 1000+ club makes more per shirt, everyones a winner, or perhaps not since I don't know the actual economics behind the status quo.

lewys33

We had all best get to the gym!

I would like to hope that it isn't like the ACTUAL under armour gear. If it is let's hope there is a "supporters" shirt ;)

On the away kit, still says on club shop site that it's away kit 2014-2016.

Sadly, I think you are right. Far too easy to save money with a mass producer and generic design.

chiefdave

Not a bad shout Noggin. The technology for manufacturing these type of shirts has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. Pretty much any local company involved in shirt printing could produce shirts for us that were totally bespoke and of a high quality. You could have the club badge, sponsor etc as part of the shirt itself rather than stuck on afterward.

I suppose the 'plus' of a deal like Puma is that they get all the training gear and just need to stick our badge on but you could source non branded training gear and do that job yourself as well.

Would be worth looking into, bit late for next season but one for the future.

kg82

Umbro don't supply many nowadays, do they.

Think they either went under or got taken over?

Heard a lot of rumours about Nike being the new supplier, but I get the feeling it was people that haven't heard anything and just like Nike!

lewys33

Let's try and get Samba in. They could surely do with some extra revenue from the goalposts?!

Noggin

Not a bad shout Noggin. The technology for manufacturing these type of shirts has come on leaps and bounds in the last few years. Pretty much any local company involved in shirt printing could produce shirts for us that were totally bespoke and of a high quality. You could have the club badge, sponsor etc as part of the shirt itself rather than stuck on afterward.

I suppose the 'plus' of a deal like Puma is that they get all the training gear and just need to stick our badge on but you could source non branded training gear and do that job yourself as well.

Would be worth looking into, bit late for next season but one for the future.

Yeah without knowing what the current deals are we have no way of knowing if it would be a good idea to do it yourself, Man Utd get paid 75m a year from addidas I believe for their shirts but this years farce does suggest something is very broken, they produced something people loved and should have really made a big chunk of money from it but for some unknown reason failed too.

yeah I didn't mean for next season, I'd assume thats already well underway.

I'd just like to see alot more done ourselves especially when it's financially beneficial and can help to build the community and make people feel involved.

kg82

They seem to supply Everton, Hull, Derby and Eire.

tbf I like 3/4 of those!

I may have dreamt it! But then, I suppose, if they got taken over they might still be able to supply under the Umbro name? But yeah, I actually like those 4 kits too!

CJ_covblaze

Umbro don't supply many nowadays, do they.

Think they either went under or got taken over?

Heard a lot of rumours about Nike being the new supplier, but I get the feeling it was people that haven't heard anything and just like Nike!

Nike took over Umbro a couple of years back so they took on a lot of their contracts and Umbro don't do much now. Having said that, PSV were doing a big "thank you and goodbye Nike" celebration the weekend before last. Their fans said they were going to Umbro.

CJ_covblaze

jimmyhillsfanclub

Can we not just get Admiral on the phone & get them to make a sky blue version of this.....

attachment.php

Best football kit ever.....

Even I would buy one & I've not worn a football shirt (unless playing football) since I grew up.....

Attachments

• england-1982-world-cup-shirt.jpg
    england-1982-world-cup-shirt.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 249

Users who are viewing this thread