New club superstore (1 Viewer)

Skybluecol

It's going near the players entrance.....was told this by an Arena employee last night.
If this is true.....then a very poor decision as impossible to get to on match day due to the away fans.......unless they're being moved which isn't going to happen this season and can't see them being being moved full stop.
Anyway....fingers crossed the individual I spoke with is talking bollocks 🤞

Sky Blue Pete

It's going near the players entrance.....was told this by an Arena employee last night.
If this is true.....then a very poor decision as impossible to get to on match day due to the away fans.......unless they're being moved which isn't going to happen this season and can't see them being being moved full stop.
Wait and see what else

SHUNT31

New shop will be where the players entrance is then.

Bit of a weird one considering you won’t be able to access after games due to segregation.

Alkhen

1690297010111.png
need to visualize things. dunno why the plans had the old location marked?
Anyhow,

Yellow = Current
Green = New

They could easily put up some fences on the carpark side of the road then move the current place they set up a segregation point (in blue I think) down to the end of the new store.

Much better spot for it than tucked around the backwher it is now. Visible from the A444 makes the place look a little more lived in

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Don't have a problem using The bridge 🌉 to car park C after the game so shouldn't be a problem using the club shop, which is a short walk away from the bridge 🌉.

Alkhen

Don't have a problem using The bridge 🌉 to car park C after the game so shouldn't be a problem using the club shop, which is a short walk away from the bridge 🌉.
Yeah I always use that bridge, never a problem. They do a line of stewards and cops to stop the fans mixing a bit further down but wouldn't be an issue to move it to the end of the new store location.

oakey

Not if you're a wheelchair user in car park C. We have to use the tunnel and then what?

chiefdave

You've got to think they've had conversations with the relevant people and not put the shop where nobody will be able to access it on a matchday

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Not if you're a wheelchair user in car park C. We have to use the tunnel and then what?

Unfortunately they will have to go the long way round.

Joy Division

It does kind of make sense to be on the side that it is, clearly visible from the A444 and you want the superstore to be seen from passing traffic rather than tucked away out of sight on the south east corner.

ajsccfc

I always thought we'd end up back in the original club shop site with the statue outside that Wasps took over, is that still empty or are there plans for it?

MTK

Hopefully it'll be easy and free to park and visit the shop on non-match days because that's when I'd be likely to go. First to see it and then for Christmas shopping etc. Don't live too far away and often at the Arena shops anyway.

I think it's fantastic we getting a much better shop. Hopefully having the space will mean selling a range of stuff that we'll all have some interest in. While the retail operation has been limited, I think the offer has fallen back on the obvious - kit, scarves, hoodies etc. Apart from a shirt, I never seem to buy anything in there. I've long hankered after a decent flag for example, make ordering one easy for me. A mouse mat or blue tooth mouse and keyboard to use at work. Some nice retro stuff designed for women. And if there is anything decent for the dog, she will be having that :) I bought a bandana for her from Etsy before the play off final - I should be buying that from the club really.

Users who are viewing this thread