Muslim women look like bank robbers (3 Viewers)

Captain Dart

singers_pore

Yasmine Mohammed is wonderful. Boris is an opportunistic buffoon.

There have been people saying that "no man should tell a woman what to wear or what not to wear" but that misses the point. In many Muslim countries the religious police have women patrolling the streets to make sure that women are covered. Moreover there are many Muslim men who view an uncovered woman as fair game for sexual abuse. This forces women to cover up for their own protection. And when women who do cover up go on about their rights to wear what they want, they are ignoring the negative consequences for the women who don't want to cover up who will then be accused of lacking modesty.

SkyblueBazza

I’m offended by an item of clothing that, if a woman chooses not to wear it, exposes her to the risk of attack due to a so-called lack of modesty.
Whilst I sympathise with women's plights in Saudi...we are talking about the UK here - & the banning of attire that some at least claim to be wearing out of choice. And that just to satisfy buffoons like Boris

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Otis

I really don't like the attire at all, but then I also hate anyone wearing a hoodie and scarf over their face too.

I like to see who I am talking to and I think most people feel the same.

SkyblueBazza

I really don't like the attire at all, but then I also hate anyone wearing a hoodie and scarf over their face too.

I like to see who I am talking to and I think most people feel the same.
Absolutely share the sentiment. But at the same time if I want these God-fearing people to respect my non God-fearing ways, I have to respect their ways to a large exent

Westendlad

Absolutely share the sentiment. But at the same time if I want these God-fearing people to respect my non God-fearing ways, I have to respect their ways to a large exent

God, what god ????.....No such thing apart from in people's minds !!

singers_pore

Whilst I sympathise with women's plights in Saudi...we are talking about the UK here - & the banning of attire that some at least claim to be wearing out of choice. And that just to satisfy buffoons like Boris

It's not just Saudi, there are plenty of other countries like that. And we're quickly heading in the same direction.

clint van damme

Yasmine Mohammed is wonderful. Boris is an opportunistic buffoon.

There have been people saying that "no man should tell a woman what to wear or what not to wear" but that misses the point. In many Muslim countries the religious police have women patrolling the streets to make sure that women are covered. Moreover there are many Muslim men who view an uncovered woman as fair game for sexual abuse. This forces women to cover up for their own protection. And when women who do cover up go on about their rights to wear what they want, they are ignoring the negative consequences for the women who don't want to cover up who will then be accused of lacking modesty.

It doesn't miss the point, by telling a woman what she can't wear you are heading in the same direction. Women should be free to choose.
Since Boris's comments there have been attacks on women wearing the Niqab so basically in this country they now have a choice of been under threat from some religious fanatic, (probably in their own family), if they don't wear it or some right wing extremist if they do. Both different cheeks of the same misogynistic arse. Basically men fucking women over as usual.

SkyblueBazza

God, what god ????.....No such thing apart from in people's minds !!
Try proving that. You have expressed a shared belief. The people we are talking about here have a very strong belief that there is one & they are shit-scared of him

SkyblueBazza

It's not just Saudi, there are plenty of other countries like that. And we're quickly heading in the same direction.
Are we?

Or by such actions as banning certain forms of dress - are we simply heading toward the exact same but with different values?

Otis

Try proving that. You have expressed a shared belief. The people we are talking about here have a very strong belief that there is one & they are shit-scared of him

Always had him down as a bully.

Westendlad

Mission impossible.......Brainwashed from an early age. Once said to a good mate years ago that if you can prove to me how Mary was a virgin even tho she had a child then i'll believe in god....He couldn't !!

Otis

God created mosquitos and disease and earthquakes and tornadoes and monsoons and tidal waves and hurricanes and gales, but it's okay, because he loves us all.

Westendlad

God created mosquitos and disease and earthquakes and tornadoes and monsoons and tidal waves and hurricanes and gales, but it's okay, because he loves us all.
And recently Cancer........Queues at the pearly gates these days....Packing them in.

Gazolba

I’m offended by an item of clothing that, if a woman chooses not to wear it, exposes her to the risk of attack due to a so-called lack of modesty.
In Victorian England, a woman showing more leg than her just her ankle was considered scandalous.
So just consider these Mulsim countries as still being in their version of Victorian times.
They will evolve over the next couple of centuries.

greys4life

The burqa is a barrier that prevents social integration, how many people can say they've had a friendly chat with a woman wearing one?
How can a women wearing a burqa participate in society, by accepting the burqa we are tacitly accepting deepening ethnic and cultural divisions in society.
I've no idea how a teacher, dentist or doctor is supposed to do their job when confronted by a patient or parent that wears such clothing.

More disturbingly I think it is true to say some muslim men regard women who don't cover up as 'fair game' to assault sexually, because they're seen as whores. Also I think it is true to say in communities where a burqa is more common incidents of wife beating are high, who is going to find out the evidence is covered up?

Finally there has been a lot of talk about the freedom not to be offended, I don't know if I'm in a minority but I am rather offended by burqa's and other overt religious symbology.

My preference is to place restrictions on wearing burqa's. I think if action is not taken then religion will regain great power in the country and frankly in my opinion that will have a far far worse outcome than Brexit.

A lot of western non-Muslim men think women who wear skimpy clothing, have half their breasts and ass hanging out are ‘fair game’. In fact a lot of men full stop think women are fair game regardless of what they are wearing. See some of the threads on here about female fans being touched up at games.
Unfortunately evidence of domestic violence is covered up in numerous ways not just in the Muslim community.

Otis

A lot of western non-Muslim men think women who wear skimpy clothing, have half their breasts and ass hanging out are ‘fair game’. In fact a lot of men full stop think women are fair game regardless of what they are wearing. See some of the threads on here about female fans being touched up at games.
Unfortunately evidence of domestic violence is covered up in numerous ways not just in the Muslim community.
True and women in general are still seen as fair game by so many men unfortunately.

Sick Boy

Sadly this is very true.

Captain Dart

Users who are viewing this thread