Muslim women look like bank robbers (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Amazed this hasn’t been discussed yet.

Made me laugh to be fair.

Grendel

I did think about putting up a thread, but decided the Tommy Robinson one was running nicely for the moment ;)

Kind if the problem though isn’t it? The comments made about inciting hatred, islamaphobia etc gives Robinson and the lurking followers some ammunition.

All it takes is a Muslim woman to wear a red burka as a pillar box and laugh and it goes away.

Mocking religion is not a crime.

shmmeee

Yeah he's not wrong.

Gonna burn some lefty credentials here but fuck it.

"Woman's right to choose" is a silly argument, we already ban women from wearing hoodies in shopping centers and bike helmets in banks, hats in pubs, etc. I remember going through passport control behind a woman in a burka, she's waved through and I have to remove my baseball cap so they can check it's me. Seems insane you can flout the law because of your belief in sky faries.

I'd also ban little scrotes with scarves up over their faces for similar reasons.

OK a ban isn't enforceable, but I'd make them follow the same rules in the places I've mentioned as anyone else. It's not a religious requirement. I'd also support any school or carehome that wanted them banned. Face to face contact is vital in caring roles IMO.

As for Johnson, well he's just playing the game. He knows what the Tory base wants to hear and how to own a few news cycles. He'd say literally anything if it got him closer to PM.i have no doubt he's a racist fuck though.

Grendel

Yeah he's not wrong.

Gonna burn some lefty credentials here but fuck it.

"Woman's right to choose" is a silly argument, we already ban women from wearing hoodies in shopping centers and bike helmets in banks, hats in pubs, etc. I remember going through passport control behind a woman in a burka, she's waved through and I have to remove my baseball cap so they can check it's me. Seems insane you can flout the law because of your belief in sky faries.

I'd also ban little scrotes with scarves up over their faces for similar reasons.

OK a ban isn't enforceable, but I'd make them follow the same rules in the places I've mentioned as anyone else. It's not a religious requirement. I'd also support any school or carehome that wanted them banned. Face to face contact is vital in caring roles IMO.

As for Johnson, well he's just playing the game. He knows what the Tory base wants to hear and how to own a few news cycles. He'd say literally anything if it got him closer to PM.i have no doubt he's a racist fuck though.

The irony is though the whole article was about not banning it and that everyone should have freedom to wear what they choose - unlike in liberal France as an example

shmmeee

The irony is though the whole article was about not banning it and that everyone should have freedom to wear what they choose - unlike in liberal France as an example

Oh I know, just saying I would.

As I said, the article was very well crafted for its intended purposes. Can be defended as liberal yet also sends the dog whistle out to the Free Tommy brigade.

Grendel

In my day at university they were dubbed sand people from Star Wars - probably worse to be honest

wingy

He's just picked up on the meme of Trumps technique .
It's not a very subtle way of dog whistlng for a reaction to the original reaction.

Westendlad

Last Thursday i was stuck in traffic adjacent to the Boleyn pub in London and at the bus stop was a lady in a full letterbox outfit taking a selfie........Had to look twice and thought ...Heyyy ? :)

shmmeee

Last Thursday i was stuck in traffic adjacent to the Boleyn pub in London and at the bus stop was a lady in a full letterbox outfit taking a selfie........Had to look twice and thought ...Heyyy ? :)

Never forget when I saw two Muslim girls in full burka sunbathing in Mallorca. So many questions.

Otis

The other day (a complete first) I saw a Muslim woman sitting on the grass in town in the full gear eating a shop bought sandwich. At least trying to.

It looked a most long and arduous task and a rather bizarre sight as well to be honest.

greys4life

Amazed this hasn’t been discussed yet.

Made me laugh to be fair.
I thought it was just plain rude and wanting a few sound bites - Boris all over really, just attention seeking and been out of the limelight for a little while. Trump wanna be at the end of the day

greys4life

The other day (a complete first) I saw a Muslim woman sitting on the grass in town in the full gear eating a shop bought sandwich. At least trying to.

It looked a most long and arduous task and a rather bizarre sight as well to be honest.

Honestly you've never seen a Muslim woman eating before and was amazed at a shop bought sandwich? Some of the replies on here make me wonder if some people shouldn't try to get out a little bit more.

Otis

Honestly you've never seen a Muslim woman eating before and was amazed at a shop bought sandwich? Some of the replies on here make me wonder if some people shouldn't try to get out a little bit more.
Never ever seen it. You want me to say I have even though I haven't?

She seemed to be really struggling slipping the sandwich under her veil in-between each bite.

I spoke to some other people and they said they had never witnessed it either.

dancers lance

I couldn't give flying fuck about Boris and he may well have other motives, but what he said is truly refreshing. If calling out those horribly oppressive, man controlling, argument bating, extremist driven clothes is a cause for offence for some, good, i'm glad. Truly the opitome of religious stupidity, thick twats.

covmark

Never ever seen it. You want me to say I have even though I haven't?

She seemed to be really struggling slipping the sandwich under her veil in-between each bite.

I spoke to some other people and they said they had never witnessed it either.
No. I've never seen it either. Maybe we both need to get out more ???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

No. I've never seen it either. Maybe we both need to get out more ???

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Yup.

Never seen a woman in a full burkha eat in a restaurant anywhere either.

This woman the other day wasn't lifting up her veil at all, so was having to blindly find her way trying to get the sandwich up the slot. It was all one handed too which must have made it all the more difficult for her.

Otis

I couldn't give flying fuck about Boris and he may well have other motives, but what he said is truly refreshing. If calling out those horribly oppressive, man controlling, argument bating, extremist driven clothes is a cause for offence for some, good, i'm glad. Truly the opitome of religious stupidity, thick twats.
The decision to have women dress this way is completely dictated to and conjured up by men and has nothing to do with any scripture from God.

Indoctrination over centuries.

dancers lance

The decision to have women dress this way is completely dictated to and conjured up by men and has nothing to do with any scripture from God.

Indoctrination over centuries.
I'm afraid will will have to disagree, although the burka etc is not directly mentioned in the Koran or does not form part of the hadith, the ideology that women are second class, that they are to be used at mans whim, directly comes from religious text. The practice of covering women was first preached to muslim followers hundreds of years ago by the all powerful mullahs that controlled them, to say that the problem is patriarchal rather than religious is at best disingenuous.

Otis

I'm afraid will will have to disagree, although the burka etc is not directly mentioned in the Koran or does not form part of the hadith, the ideology that women are second class, that they are to be used at mans whim, directly comes from religious text. The practice of covering women was first preached to muslim followers hundreds of years ago by the all powerful mullahs that controlled them, to say that the problem is patriarchal rather than religious is at best disingenuous.
Which is what I have said before on other threads.

Hundreds of years of conditioning and I am merely saying is no law of God, but of man. Man made.

dancers lance

Which is what I have said before on other threads.

Hundreds of years of conditioning and I am merely saying is no law of God, but of man. Man made.
I suppose it depends what sort of "man" we are talking about.

Macca

The burqa has about as much relevance to mainstream Islam as some firebrand nut job American preacher has to mainstream Christianity

If it was connected to Christianity it would be far more openly mocked. Panel shows would have a field day on it

Ask your average Muslim their views on it? I suspect letter box would be the more kinder comments

Otis

We mock politics, we mock sex, we mock war, we mock the week. We should be able to mock religion.

I remember when I was little I got a very, very severe telling off by my vicar for merely saying 'Cor blimey'.

He angrily lectured me for 5 mins on how I had just asked God to blind me.

Macca

We mock politics, we mock sex, we mock war, we mock the week. We should be able to mock religion.

I remember when I was little I got a very, very severe telling off by my vicar for merely saying 'Cor blimey'.

He angrily lectured me for 5 mins on how I had just asked God to blind me.

I had the same when I called a Nun a c**t, ridiculous

Users who are viewing this thread