Murphy (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

The whole team played shot but let's find a scapegoat!

Nick

Administrator
Yet people applauded Maddison like he had scored the perfect hat trick today.

Was very odd, both were as bad as each other in my opinion for different reasons.

Don't get why people boo or do that, I thought he was dog shit but still didn't feel the need for that.

GaryJones

He was lacklustre and incapable today as was Maddison - not sure the break did the team any good as they certainly looked as though they lost any momentum from the Bury game.

hill83

I was shaking my head when it happened. Ridiculous.

Everyone was poor. How come only Murphy gets sarcastic cheers?

I've got an idea why, but I won't mention what it is as some people might get sore.

Nick

Administrator
He was lacklustre and incapable today as was Maddison - not sure the break did the team any good as they certainly looked as though they lost any momentum from the Bury game.

probably too busy pissing about at Carrow Road.

letsallsingtogether

Good idea, you look for one first, let me know when you get tired then I'll take over x

So we lost the game because Murphy was shit never knew he was such an influence.
Let's hope he's in form next time

GaryJones

All the Norwich players were shit today!

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

I was shaking my head when it happened. Ridiculous.

Everyone was poor. How come only Murphy gets sarcastic cheers?

In theory Maddison for example should have had the same treatment as Murphy based on performance, you're absolutely right.

The reason why he didn't is because Murphy has consistently been giving this level of poor effort performances for a while now and I think a lot of fans have had enough of it.

Over the next set of games should Maddison be has bad as Murphy has been in the last 5-10 games, I imagine he would get the same treatment.

It's not a scapegoat as people are saying, because most of the team today were shit. He has been the worst player on the pitch in multiple matches recently, and is therefore the first in line to be targeted.

The sarcastic cheering is possibly unnecessary though, I'd agree with that.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Murphy , for some reason appears to be first on the team sheet, and yet lacks the basic hunger, nouse and motivation to be a successfull footballer. Week in week out he fails in terms of work rate and teamwork, never anticipated a pass or a run, moans at referees constantly and then simply loses interest in being a footballer.

For anyone in any doubt, simply watch Murphy when he DOESN'T have the ball, particularly when we have won the ball back deep in our own half and are looking for an outlet ahead. One shocking example today in the first half was when Stephens won the ball in our own penalty area. Murphy , 20 yards ahead, reacted by walking to the nearest Fleetwood player and standing by him as a way of putting himself out of the game. Shameful. He is a disgrace and should be put on the bench at best.

covcity4life

At start of season he was doing runs past 3 or 4 people using strength to hold them off at times

Now he looks like he's just eaten a macdonalds meal minutes before gsme.

The stick he's getting is not gonna help but he does need to be dropped for few games

I thought hunt looked ok vs scunthorpe. He should come in next because Lamieres fails to take his chsnce every gsme

pusbccfc

Murphy has been shite for so long.

SBS

The problem with Murphy is that if he had the "hunger", "desire" and "effort", he wouldn't be playing for us.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

The problem with Murphy is that if he had the "hunger", "desire" and "effort", he wouldn't be playing for us.

Ah, that's alright then. As he cant be bothered, let's stick him in the team.

This is still professional football, albiet League 1.

ready_96

Murphy's the kind of player that i feel almost lacks self belief in his own ability. His game depends on his confidence.
Don't think he's the biggest voice in the changing room and not the most physical player.

I changed seats this week and sat right down by the lino, so had a good look at murphy in the 1st half.

He's not the same player anymore, he does enough to get by, plays the simple ball to the man in space, stayed wide a few occasions and maddison was able to switch the ball the to him. His calls to the ref when he goes down to week challenges pisses me off.

But he's the kind of player that we needed firing now, like he was early on in the season, When he looked more up for it.

IMO Mowbrays kept playing him thinking he'll hopefully grab a goal and that'll give him the kick up the arse and he'll be buzzing again

But now i think that might be the end for him, wouldn't supprise me if TM gives lameras a few starts now.

Cole had a quite game, Arma had a few chances but couldnt get his shot away.

The break didnt help us really winning 6-0 and then having time off, probably killed the buzz.

SBS

If he was tearing teams apart week in week out, he wouldn't be playing for us.

We're league 1 for a reason and so is he.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

If he was tearing teams apart week in week out, he wouldn't be playing for us.

We're league 1 for a reason and so is he.

That's all well and good, and I don't think anyone expects a perfect performance every week, but it's the lack of effort which is concerning, and also completely disrespectful to the paying fans. My opinion of Mowbray is starting to falter purely for the reason that he is keeping Murphy in the team.

If he was playing well and making an effort even 50% of the time then there might be an argument. The fact it is closer to 15/20% makes it almost a non starter.

Otis

At start of season he was doing runs past 3 or 4 people using strength to hold them off at times

Now he looks like he's just eaten a macdonalds meal minutes before gsme.

The stick he's getting is not gonna help but he does need to be dropped for few games

I thought hunt looked ok vs scunthorpe. He should come in next because Lamieres fails to take his chsnce every gsme
That's the big concern. If Lameiras came in and grabbed that role by the scruff of the neck he'd be playing every week. Too often he flatters to deceive.

Murphy seemed to lack pace yesterday.

If we could, I'd recall O'Brien back from loan and send Murphy to replace him. I would have sent him back to Norwich as part of the maddison deal.

He is lazy, clearly not interested, scared/ refuses to tackle plainly doesn't want to play for us. And where has this myth come from about him being pacey.

As for maddison, in my opinion he seems to have a "I'm a premier league player now" ego about him.

They should both take a leaf out of Armstrong's book, if it was for him we wouldn't have scored.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wouldn't play Maddison at the moment Lamerias is a player with no position hasn't got the pace to play wide and to lightweight to play in the middle.

Otis

If we could, I'd recall O'Brien back from loan and send Murphy to replace him. I would have sent him back to Norwich as part of the maddison deal.

He is lazy, clearly not interested, scared/ refuses to tackle plainly doesn't want to play for us. And where has this myth come from about him being pacey.

As for maddison, in my opinion he seems to have a "I'm a premier league player now" ego about him.

They should both take a leaf out of Armstrong's book, if it was for him we wouldn't have scored.
He is pacy. It's not a myth.

He was sluggish yesterday though.

He clearly has pace.

Terry Gibson's perm

He is pacy. It's not a myth.

He was sluggish yesterday though.

He clearly has pace.

i like Murphy but when he gets the ball he always stops to either wait for men to beat or hoping the defender stops so he can blast past him, he has pace but looks short on confidence.

Bristol sky blue

If Murphy is carrying an injury, would it be worth giving Jordan Spence a debut on Tuesday? Don't know much about him to be honest, but think he might add some urgency to our play by getting past a full back and providing crosses for Tudgay (who I'd start on Tues)

Otis

i like Murphy but when he gets the ball he always stops to either wait for men to beat or hoping the defender stops so he can blast past him, he has pace but looks short on confidence.
He did yesterday. He was very ponderous.

Maybe they looked at the tapes in training and saw that their full backs were very pacy and that had some bearing in Murphy not talking them on?

ceetee

Murphy definitely piked up an injury early and we couldn't understand why he wasn't taken off.

Otis

Murphy definitely piked up an injury early and we couldn't understand why he wasn't taken off.
Bobby Gould picked up on it quite early. Odd. He should have either brought on Rose or Lameiras at that point.

Users who are viewing this thread