Murphy (2 Viewers)

CCFC_Charlie

He doesn't look comfortable taking his man on on the right. He was much better going forward as soon as he was switched to the left.

Finchy

After 40 years of going to watch the City this is the first player I've seen who i feel genuinely doesn't care.
'10 goals and 5 assists' blah de fucking blah....he's a lazy twat who can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Grendel

After 40 years of going to watch the City this is the first player I've seen who i feel genuinely doesn't care.
'10 goals and 5 assists' blah de fucking blah....he's a lazy twat who can fuck off as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

That's alright because as far as I'm concerned you can fuck off.

covboy1987

I've been saying it for the last 5/6 weeks. The lad simply cannot play football. Absolutely awful. The only positive about him being here is that it gives myself hope that I can someday play professional football.

The lad has just turned 21 making his way in the game in a cloggers league - 9 goals is not a bad return he has played some brilliant games and scored some great goals but also had in different games which is exactly the same as Armstrong and for that Maddison who was no better murphy yesterday

David O'Day

He's been shocking in well over 20 games this season and because we didn't win today the negatives stand out more.

How people defend him week in week out is completely beyond me. He plays well so infrequently that it's unfair on other players waiting to be given a go. It's not just poor performances, it's lack of effort and desire which winds me up.

O'Brien may have made his own decision to leave, but being frozen out of the team and having to watch a player sit in your position and make 1% of your effort was a massive contribution to that.

Considering Mowbray rotates the team as much as he does, but keeps playing a player that consistently doesn't hit the required levels of performance in the team is really bad man management, and probably doesn't help the team work ethic in my opinion.

You do realise this is our second highest scorer? JOB is shit

SkyBlue_Bear83

I think it is telling that his statistics are good but he still comes for lots of stick, if people were just looking for a scapegoat there is a lot of people with worse stats to pick on. Which tells there is genuinely something actually wrong.

You can get one or two idiots with ignorant opinions which should be ignored but when 10,000 people are seeing the same thing, they can't all be wrong can they?

aviles

I've been saying it for the last 5/6 weeks. The lad simply cannot play football. Absolutely awful. The only positive about him being here is that it gives myself hope that I can someday play professional football.

Standard cov fans looking for a scape goat.

People seem to forget how influential he was for us the first half of the season. The lad is young and constantly gets jeered everytime he loses so not going to do a fat lot for his confidence is it. Still has a lot to offer people need to get behind him and help him get back to his best

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

I remember how the crowd started on Greg downes after several bad games. To his credit got stuck in and changed it. Showed a lot of bottle the fans saw it and got behind him. Murphy is a young lad perhaps hasn't got the maturity to do it himself perhaps if the fans got behind him first it might change their perceptions and the way he plays. Just a thought

Nick

Administrator
I remember how the crowd started on Greg downes after several bad games. To his credit got stuck in and changed it. Showed a lot of bottle the fans saw it and got behind him. Murphy is a young lad perhaps hasn't got the maturity to do it himself perhaps if the fans got behind him first it might change their perceptions and the way he plays. Just a thought
I don't think fans get on his back because he loses the ball or misses a shot. It's the attitude afterwards that's annoying.

If he loses the ball and tries his very best to get it back then you can't fault him.

As kids you are taught things like that and being a pro sportsman you should have it embedded to want to win at everything.

will am i

I don't think fans get on his back because he loses the ball or misses a shot. It's the attitude afterwards that's annoying.

If he loses the ball and tries his very best to get it back then you can't fault him.

As kids you are taught things like that and being a pro sportsman you should have it embedded to want to win at everything.
If you are looking for someone to track back and cover the left back he isnt your man. I think we have worked that out by now. He should be playing behind Armstrong. Joe Cole has one goal so Id play Murphy over him every day.

Nick

Administrator
If you are looking for someone to track back and cover the left back he isnt your man. I think we have worked that out by now. He should be playing behind Armstrong. Joe Cole has one goal so Id play Murphy over him every day.
I'm not talking about covering the left back, just making an attempt to win the ball back after he loses it rather than standing there looking like he is about to cry.

will am i

I'm not talking about covering the left back, just making an attempt to win the ball back after he loses it rather than standing there looking like he is about to cry.
He is crap at defending and tackling we have worked that out. So play him for what he is good at (10 goals gives you a clue) and cover his weaknesses with other players - or dont pick him - but who is going to score the goals then Steve Hunt, Joe Cole? I doubt it.

steve82

He does look like the older kids have taken the ball....
Lameires for me should start ahead of him tomorrow night. Take Murphy of the limelight for a few games or use as a impact sub.. If he actually decides to run at players.

Nick

Administrator
He is crap at defending and tackling we have worked that out. So play him for what he is good at (10 goals gives you a clue) and cover his weaknesses with other players - or dont pick him - but who is going to score the goals then Steve Hunt, Joe Cole? I doubt it.
I'm not saying play him left back, I'm saying with his pace if he loses the ball he should run back with the player at least to put them off.

Otherwise it leaves stokes outnumbered.

If he loses it, you should want to get it back. It's also teamwork.

will am i

I'm not saying play him left back, I'm saying with his pace if he loses the ball he should run back with the player at least to put them off.

Otherwise it leaves stokes outnumbered.

If he loses it, you should want to get it back. It's also teamwork.

Well having watched him all season i reckon it isnt going to happen. You have a long wait if you think it will. Your only solution is to play him somewhere else or not at all. If its not at all, who is going to score the goals he has? Id play him behind Armstrong and let him attack as its what he does best.

David O'Day

I think it is telling that his statistics are good but he still comes for lots of stick, if people were just looking for a scapegoat there is a lot of people with worse stats to pick on. Which tells there is genuinely something actually wrong.

You can get one or two idiots with ignorant opinions which should be ignored but when 10,000 people are seeing the same thing, they can't all be wrong can they?

Same people who slagged off Leon Best

covcity4life

watching highlights from earlier in season and murphy was running past 2-3 players whilst holding them off with strength at same time

now he seems reluctant and inable to past one with pace

i am not sure it can be put down to laziness entirely, hes either fatigued or injured perhaps

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Has to be an injury.

Don't want to say the old classic line but if a 21 year old lad can't play a game of football due to fatigue & not carrying an injury after 2 week break I fear for his career.

If he is injured I'm surprised Norwich are allowing him to play as in sure they would be in regular contact with him?

Nick

Administrator
Has to be an injury.

Don't want to say the old classic line but if a 21 year old lad can't play a game of football due to fatigue & not carrying an injury after 2 week break I fear for his career.

If he is injured I'm surprised Norwich are allowing him to play as in sure they would be in regular contact with him?

Will be interesting to see tonight if he plays. On Saturday he certainly did something and started hobbling, but then he sprinted without a limp going forward.

Nick

Administrator
watching highlights from earlier in season and murphy was running past 2-3 players whilst holding them off with strength at same time

That's the thing, then against Bury Hussey was laughing at him because he kept falling over.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Will be interesting to see tonight if he plays. On Saturday he certainly did something and started hobbling, but then he sprinted without a limp going forward.

That's what I thought was a guy behind me shouting from within the first 10 mins that he was injured & needed to go off I didn't notice anything til a lot later in the half.

But like you said he did a couple of sprints without much reaction.

Really hope the Murphy that started the season appears at some point during the run in, could be the difference between the playoffs or not imo.

Nick

Administrator
That's what I thought was a guy behind me shouting from within the first 10 mins that he was injured & needed to go off I didn't notice anything til a lot later in the half.

But like you said he did a couple of sprints without much reaction.

Really hope the Murphy that started the season appears at some point during the run in, could be the difference between the playoffs or not imo.

Yeah, I am not sure if he fell funny or something but it was not too long in. About halfway inside their half by the by line.

He should have really been taken off then.

covcity4life

That's the thing, then against Bury Hussey was laughing at him because he kept falling over.

aganst bury he kept looking at ref for help

perhaps he thinks whole worlds against him right now and is in a bit of a mood.

either way grown men wont help by giving him such vile abuse or cheering when hes subbed

we have to back him imo

Nick

Administrator
aganst bury he kept looking at ref for help

perhaps he thinks whole worlds against him right now and is in a bit of a mood.

either way grown men wont help by giving him such vile abuse or cheering when hes subbed

we have to back him imo

All he needs to do is show a bit of fight.

If he thinks Hussey keeps fouling him (which most of the time he wasn't) then take a yellow and put a strong tackle in or get up and get in his face. Instead he sat on the floor shouting at the ref, probably wanting to make daisy chains or something.

It is as if his mind isn't in it. Give him a couple of Stella's before the game, tell him that their right back is shagging his missus and is going to knock him out as soon as he gets chance.

rupert_bear

I think the lack of a right winger since Kent left has affected Murphy's affectiveness for a start opposition now man up on him I agree he perhaps should work a bit more but basically Murphy is there to create chances and score goals

covcity4life

All he needs to do is show a bit of fight.

If he thinks Hussey keeps fouling him (which most of the time he wasn't) then take a yellow and put a strong tackle in or get up and get in his face. Instead he sat on the floor shouting at the ref, probably wanting to make daisy chains or something.

It is as if his mind isn't in it. Give him a couple of Stella's before the game, tell him that their right back is shagging his missus and is going to knock him out as soon as he gets chance.

i agree, main reasonc rowd get angry is when he jogs behind opposition player after they have gone round him or when he pulls out of tackles and headers. hopefully he will learn as he is young

I think the lack of a right winger since Kent left has affected Murphy's affectiveness for a start opposition now man up on him I agree he perhaps should work a bit more but basically Murphy is there to create chances and score goals

i agree,we reallym iss kent! klopp decision could cost us promotion i fear. he may have not been finished product but he was fast as **** and really gave us an outlet. now it seems to be pressure on murphy for breaking down teams where passing through defence dont cut it

Nick

Administrator

I don't think anybody expects him to be winning headers against opposition centre halves in our area or putting in nasty 50/50s.

Just stop being such a wuss and help the team out. If he loses it, then try his best to win it back. the problem we have down the left is that Stokes often overlaps him and brings their right midfielder with him.

If Murphy loses it and just stands there, it leaves their 2 right sided players to bomb on against Stokes.

rupert_bear

Regarding the Klopp decision to take Kent back our question should be why has no one else similar been brought in ? Looked like at one point this Dutchman Hooi was coming in, then some youngster from Liverpool find all that unbelievable.

CCFC88

He looked hungover on Saturday, I noticed Fleck and Ricketts both talking to him whilst we set up to take corners, I'm guessing to check if he was alright.

not read the thread so not sure if its been raised already but he switched flanks at half time meaning he was never on the wing infornt of the dugouts, may think he can get away with not tracking back if he isnt playing right infront of the coaching staff.

Nick

Administrator
He looked hungover on Saturday, I noticed Fleck and Ricketts both talking to him whilst we set up to take corners, I'm guessing to check if he was alright.

not read the thread so not sure if its been raised already but he switched flanks at half time meaning he was never on the wing infornt of the dugouts, may think he can get away with not tracking back if he isnt playing right infront of the coaching staff.

I am not sure about hungover, but his mind is definitely elsewhere.

There was the point last game too where a quick free kick came his way and he was staring into space and it hit him on the leg.

Users who are viewing this thread