Mowbray!! (1 Viewer)

Brylowes

Do you mean like the guy near me who shouted fuck off sisu when Murphy missed a penalty?
If only our problems amounted to a penalty miss, how people defend this shower of shit
I'll never know.

dongonzalos

Right enough already Dong you clearly know all the budgets by league one so list them in order.
If you do not have these facts stop making this twatish comment!

As someone has said no-one truly knows the above as are in 12th anyhow TM has underachieved for
budget and should go now then? as you say we have a 8th-6th budget whatever that means.
6th/8th makes more sense to me!

1) where have I said I know all the budgets? When you realise I have never said that then please refrain from making up bull shit.
2) you are the idiot who said you know that Waggot was wrong about the budget (ie you know more than than someone on the board and personally involved in the budget, at the time !!)
3) yes he will have underachieved this season if we finish 12th. However on the basis of where we finished last season I would judge him by next season. If he underachieved then compared to his budget as I said, get rid.
If he does as expected then SISU have a decision to make....
As for twatish comments yes you as usual have just made quite a few.

johnwillomagic

Dong how would sisu or rather you know the other team budgets or the respective team below us which you have said should be used
as a performance barometer? I would not imagine other sides would willingly disclose them? :whistle:

chiefdave

Dong how would sisu or rather you know the other team budgets or the respective team below us which you have said should be used as a performance barometer? I would not imagine other sides would willingly disclose them?

SISU, and all other club owners, would know as the FL compiles a benchmarking report which all clubs get. However its not made public. Waggot said last season we were in the top six for budget and Brookfield has said the same this season.

Of course as we don't get to see the report we don't know if what they are saying is true although we have been used as an example of a club with a big budget by other teams.

johnwillomagic

Thanks Dave so Waggott and Brookfield are saying 6th yet Dong keeps on saying 8th in his arguments? Thanks
think that helps clear things up for me.

chiefdave

Thanks Dave so Waggott and Brookfield are saying 6th yet Dong keeps on saying 8th in his arguments? Thanks
think that helps clear things up for me.

Waggot said top 6, which I assume to be 6th. Brookfield said top quartile which would also be top 6. I would guess if it was higher than 6th they wouldn't be slow to make that known!

dongonzalos

Dong how would sisu or rather you know the other team budgets or the respective team below us which you have said should be used
as a performance barometer? I would not imagine other sides would willingly disclose them? :whistle:

Think you need to ask Steve Waggot that question as he is the one who said we were 6th -8th
Not entirely sure why you do not believe him????
And refer to me as making twatish comments for quoting an ex member of the board for that quote and say he is wrong and you are right.

dongonzalos

Waggot said top 6, which I assume to be 6th. Brookfield said top quartile which would also be top 6. I would guess if it was higher than 6th they wouldn't be slow to make that known!

Waggot said 8th-6th in the CET
I quoted it on SBT to John in the past.
He told me he was right and Waggot was wrong??

Brylowes

We have sold 2 or 3 players in 3 years haven't we? If it's all about swapping and changing and not a settled side, hasn't that been down to the manager?
You make me wonder Nick, the fact is our manager ( whoever it is) will start next season
with a very different team to which we finished this. He will have to put his faith in
Loans , frees, and released players no one else wants, to add to the players we actually
have on the books. This is an absolute shambles of a club, if there really is a plan then I
would suggest it's akin to "pinning the tail on the donkey "

if by some miracle we had any success next season, it would be in spite of our owners
and not because of.

dongonzalos

6th or 8th isn't that important is it? Not like we're finishing 7th!

It does when someone accuses you as saying you made out you know everyone else's budgets. ( I didn't a member of the board did)
When someone previously said that they know more that one of the blokes involved in setting the budget and he is wrong and it is more than 6th-8th.
It does when that same person calls your comments twatish for quoting an ex member of the board with the 8th-6th figure.
Like I say give him this season because of where we finished last season
Next season look at where he finishes in relation to the budget. If he is off the mark off he goes.
If he is on the money you know you have a manger who gives you exactly what you put in. So if you want the play offs give him a top four budget.
If you can't afford that but still want the play offs. Try the manager merry go around again, we just don't seem very good at that spin of the wheel though.

Gazolba

It's pointless talking about budgets unless you know what the budget covers. We may have a 'top 6' budget but we might have allocated only 25% of that for the team. We do know that SISU want the club to be self-supporting. That means attendances and season ticket sales are critical. We can also expect player sales to be needed to balance the books.

rupert_bear

I bet the Leicestet budget is a lot less than Chelsea's, Arsenals, Man United, Man City or Liverpool, it's not the amount of money you have its how the players put together are asked to play by the manager which over the season Tony Mowbray has failed miserably in the end.

skybluetony176

It's pointless talking about budgets unless you know what the budget covers. We may have a 'top 6' budget but we might have allocated only 25% of that for the team. We do know that SISU want the club to be self-supporting. That means attendances and season ticket sales are critical. We can also expect player sales to be needed to balance the books.

That's a very good point. How many other managers had to do thing's like routine maintenance of the training ground, set up a scouting network from scratch, sort out the team bus, reorganise the backroom staff etc. out of their budget this season while also rebuilding a team pretty much from scratch? Not many I bet. Saying we've got a top six budget is only part of the story and as is usual with our board is a lot of smoke and mirrors. It's not the overall budget that fan's should be concerned with it's how much of that budget makes it directly to first team recruitment and wages. Is there an FL report for the latter?

Grendel

That's a very good point. How many other managers had to do thing's like routine maintenance of the training ground, set up a scouting network from scratch, sort out the team bus, reorganise the backroom staff etc. out of their budget this season while also rebuilding a team pretty much from scratch? Not many I bet. Saying we've got a top six budget is only part of the story and as is usual with our board is a lot of smoke and mirrors. It's not the overall budget that fan's should be concerned with it's how much of that budget makes it directly to first team recruitment and wages. Is there an FL report for the latter?

The budget that is shown is that allocated to players salaries.

Captain Dart

I bet the Leicestet budget is a lot less than Chelsea's, Arsenals, Man United, Man City or Liverpool, it's not the amount of money you have its how the players put together are asked to play by the manager which over the season Tony Mowbray has failed miserably in the end.

You can't prove that, there is a book by Chris Anderson that includes an analysis of the effect of budget on league position and his results contradict your statement. :)

Grendel

You've seen it then?

It's not me whose trying to underplay it.

If Connor Thomas is earning £350k a year it's difficult to suggest that the remaining squad costs less than £1.65 million isn't it.

rupert_bear

You can't prove that, there is a book by Chris Anderson that includes an analysis of the effect of budget on league position and his results contradict your statement. :)
Book by Chris Anderson you say, perhaps his next book will be about how to win after Christmas !

oldfiver

Transparency from Sisu would help.
I'd like to see the actual budget they are giving to TM for players.
I'd like to see on paper the gradual building of the squad.

You do not show other teams your budget - bonkers
If you saw it what good would it do YOU?
Mowbray agreed the budget last year before he signed up, didnt he?

skybluetony176

It's not me whose trying to underplay it.

If Connor Thomas is earning £350k a year it's difficult to suggest that the remaining squad costs less than £1.65 million isn't it.

That's a no then.

No you're not trying to underlay it, you're trying to overplay it.

I would imagine that the actual playing wage bill change's all season as players come and go.

It would make more sense that a redacted report that comes out at the beginning of the season is a report on playing budget not players wages as the latter change's during the course of a season whereas a playing budget is pretty static and we know that TM had to use the playing budget for routine maintenance on Ryton, setting up a scouting network from scratch, rearranging the backroom and even spruce up the team coach.

Unless of course you know differently, which you clearly don't. Just more supposition passed of as grendull fact.

Grendel

That's a no then.

No you're not trying to underlay it, you're trying to overplay it.

I would imagine that the actual playing wage bill change's all season as players come and go.

It would make more sense that a redacted report that comes out at the beginning of the season is a report on playing budget not players wages as the latter change's during the course of a season whereas a playing budget is pretty static and we know that TM had to use the playing budget for routine maintenance on Ryton, setting up a scouting network from scratch, rearranging the backroom and even spruce up the team coach.

Unless of course you know differently, which you clearly don't. Just more supposition passed of as grendull fact.

Well it's you supposing this and that not me.

Declare the playing budget to the footballing world when you have to negotiate with agents, players and clubs?

Brilliant idea that Tony. Wouldn't why no club has done it.

covcity4life

loans have played key role in many promotions over the years for many many teams. ridiculous to say lets stop using them

Brylowes

Declare the playing budget to the footballing world when you have to negotiate with agents, players and clubs?

We don't have to declare it, the Chesterfield chairman does that for us.

skybluetony176

Flip flop, flip flop.

That's right. I am supposing, I'm not trying to make out otherwise. You on the other hand have stated that it is the players wages in the report. Not suggested, stated.

What are you basing that statement on is all I'm asking. Pretty clear from your flip flipping you're basing it on nothing. Just jumping on my suggestion that TM has had to do things from the playing budget like routine maintenance and you don't like it because it shows SISU up in a bad light.

As for then going of on a tangent about showing budgets to the footballing world. Do the FL send these reports out to football agents? Because that's what you seem to be suggesting. And even if they do what difference does it make to them if it is the playing budget as I've suggested it is or the playing wage budget that you insist it is? Surely it's the latter that would be more important to an agent. Isn't it his job to get the best deal for the player he or she is representing? Only the players wage budget would tell him that club A has more to spend on wages than club B. Also isn't the report redacted? I.e. no club's named so it's just a list of figures that are not specifically attributed to a club? Yes he could take an educated guess based on some obvious factors, average attendances, wealthy backers, parachute payments etc. but it would still be an estimate not a fact.

So what are you basing your statement on exactly that the report is the players wages rather than the playing budget?

Last edited:

Brylowes

But why would he resign? I don't get it.
This season hasn't played out as he or any of us imagined, I would think he's hurting
at the moment. He isn't really settled is he, evidenced by the fact he still lives in the
north east, on top of that he probably doesn't need the money.

skybluetony176

This season hasn't played out as he or any of us imagined, I would think he's hurting
at the moment. He isn't really settled is he, evidenced by the fact he still lives in the
north east, on top of that he probably doesn't need the money.

He rents a house locally. Although he hasn't relocated his family I believe.

Users who are viewing this thread