Mowbray!! (1 Viewer)

stgeorge1966

Anyone else got a feeling that he won't be here next season. Yesterday he didn't look or sound in the press conference after like he was up for the challenge anymore, sounded very down..

Samo

I wonder why that might be? :facepalm:

Warwickhunt

Think I would be down as well after seeing the side capitulate to a league one side who will be relegated next Saturday.

rupert_bear

I think it's very much 50/50 just a gut feeling but yet to move his family down here and only a year to run on his contract. Has ended up a disappointing season too.

SkyBlueRuffian

I expect the summer to be the same old shite as always, the odd addition, the odd season loan, false promises, pre-season friendlies where younger players show lots of promise before being loaned out to Nuneaton. Scramble for season tickets, lots of optimism and off we go again.....

Same old same old!!!

Hobo

The only way we will improve is by gradual building, development and sensible retention. When we have to sell players there has to be reinvestment of profits.

Trying to completely rebuild each summer using cast offs just does not work even if supplemented with astute loans.

shmmeee

Transparency from Sisu would help.
I'd like to see the actual budget they are giving to TM for players.
I'd like to see on paper the gradual building of the squad.

They told us the budget this year (£2m) didn't they?

christonabike

Forget loans build from players either from academy (if they want to sign) or get players who will fight for every ball from the lower leagues as Bobby Gould did. You can see plain and simple young lads from premiership clubs are on a decent wage, win or lose they are going back and we gain fook all. A few seasons getting better each year is more beneficial than a season like this that fell away after Christmas.
On the flip side an owner like Sisu will sell Grendel if they could as with up and coming youngsters. (Not that he is worth fuck all).

stevefloyd

Whats the point in revealing your budget to all and sundry???? if we went to buy someone we would be held to ransom

Otis

Forget loans build from players either from academy (if they want to sign) or get players who will fight for every ball from the lower leagues as Bobby Gould did. You can see plain and simple young lads from premiership clubs are on a decent wage, win or lose they are going back and we gain fook all. A few seasons getting better each year is more beneficial than a season like this that fell away after Christmas.
On the flip side an owner like Sisu will sell Grendel if they could as with up and coming youngsters. (Not that he is worth fuck all).

Sisu will say sell Grendel? Eh? Christ On a Bike (Chris Tonabike, Christon A Bike, Christonab Ike, Christo Nabike, Chri Stonabike, Christona Bike).

Eh?

SkyBlueRuffian

Yeh sell Grendel he's shit.

Gazolba

<snip> A few seasons getting better each year is more beneficial than a season like this that fell away after Christmas.
<snip>

How can you build from season to season when each season is a massive clear out? Any signings will be short contracts or loans so there will be no stability from season to season. This season was our big chance and I cannot see us challenging again for some time.

Otis

How can you build from season to season when each season is a massive clear out? Any signings will be short contracts or loans so there will be no stability from season to season. This season was our big chance and I cannot see us challenging again for some time.

Would say next season we really need some kids to come through and shine (Stevenson, Harries, Sayoud, Thomas) and then if they do you would have to think it would be the season after next where we might get possibly get some joy in hitting the right end of the table (if we don't sell them meanwhile).

We also need to come out with a couple of pearlers pulled out of the hat from somewhere.

Last edited:

letsallsingtogether

does every club publish it for fans?

But we don't care about other clubs Nick don't you get it!!
We just want to know where our club is going, do we get a proper shop will we get a decent Ticketing system,
Will we be pushing for promotion.
Etc Etc
Stop fighting their corner. get out of their bed.

Nick

Administrator
But we don't care about other clubs Nick don't you get it!!
We just want to know where our club is going, do we get a proper shop will we get a decent Ticketing system,
Will we be pushing for promotion.
Etc Etc
Stop fighting their corner. get out of their bed.
Other clubs do ticketing properly, we should too.

I was asking to see what is expected and what is just as a moan.

letsallsingtogether

Other clubs do ticketing properly, we should too.

I was asking to see what is expected and what is just as a moan.

We expect what every Football fan expects we are no different, success on the pitch first and foremost.
Bring us some success and the moaning will stop simple really.
Problem is we don't get a settled side we swap, chop and sell to quickly.

JimmyHillsbeard

Anyone else got a feeling that he won't be here next season. Yesterday he didn't look or sound in the press conference after like he was up for the challenge anymore, sounded very down..

Lost count of the number of times people have said they think he's on the brink of going. Remember this time last year when he was certain not to sign a new contract?

SkyBlueRuffian

Would say next season we really need some kids to come through and shine (Stevenson, Harries, Sayoud, Thomas) and then if they do you would have to think it would be the season after next where we might get possibly get some joy in hitting the right end of the table (if we don't sell them meanwhile).

We also need to come out with a couple of pearlers pulled out of the hat from somewhere.

The exact same thing that SISU will be thinking, someone else to flog in January.

Nick

Administrator
We expect what every Football fan expects we are no different, success on the pitch first and foremost.
Bring us some success and the moaning will stop simple really.
Problem is we don't get a settled side we swap, chop and sell to quickly.

We have sold 2 or 3 players in 3 years haven't we? If it's all about swapping and changing and not a settled side, hasn't that been down to the manager?

Brylowes

We have sold 2 or 3 players in 3 years haven't we? If it's all about swapping and changing and not a settled side, hasn't that been down to the manager?
As a true Coventry city FC supporter, at what point will you actually position blame at
the feet of those responsible.

Grendel

As a true Coventry city FC supporter, at what point will you actually position blame at
the feet of those responsible.

The council? Been saying it for the last 10 years

johnwillomagic

Ha Nick that's abput the mental capacity of the fans who are still blaming it all on sisu.....i'm woth Grendel on this
Brylowes must mean the council.

dongonzalos

SISU should look at the budget they gave him.Consider where we finished this season with the changes he made to a squad that just about survived relegation last season.
Give him next season and if he finishes significantly (points wise) below the team who match the league position for his budget get rid.
If he does as expected then you have a decision for his third season.
You either give him a top four budget and expect the play offs.
Or you try and find a manager who can over achieve and keep the budget self funded.
So far since we decided to take the risk of getting relegated from the championship
Those type of managers have been very hard to find

johnwillomagic

Right enough already Dong you clearly know all the budgets by league one so list them in order.
If you do not have these facts stop making this twatish comment!

As someone has said no-one truly knows the above as are in 12th anyhow TM has underachieved for
budget and should go now then? as you say we have a 8th-6th budget whatever that means.
6th/8th makes more sense to me!

Users who are viewing this thread