Mowbray Out Mongs (1 Viewer)

Skyblue4u

People have a right to be angry. After years of dross we all believed this really was going to be our year. For it all just to fall apart as it has done is beyond belief. We have gone from unbeatable to laughing stock and nobody can figure out why

Hobo

Nobody seems to be able to turn the club around. Something is wrong within the ethos of the club. Perhaps we don't give managers long enough. Burton and Gillingham haven't stepped forward overnight, it's a culmination of several years hard work.

Rodders1

I'm starting to wonder why he took the job. If he was any good he'd have picked up a job in the championship- not league one at our club and predicament .

I hope I'm wrong but maybe he's on the decline as a manager. He's been found out. Can't maintain momentum over an entire season.

No ones going to poach him from us. At least that's a small comfort now! Let's give him 2 years to see what he's got.

AFCCOVENTRY

I'm starting to wonder why he took the job. If he was any good he'd have picked up a job in the championship- not league one at our club and predicament .

I hope I'm wrong but maybe he's on the decline as a manager. He's been found out. Can't maintain momentum over an entire season.

No ones going to poach him from us. At least that's a small comfort now! Let's give him 2 years to see what he's got.

I said the same thing yesterday. The fact not even a championship club have been after him shows his stock devalued a long time ago.

At the same time our stock as a club went down a long time ago as well... So a perfect fit!

The Reverend Skyblue

I definately want Mowbray to stay up to xmas and if things are still the same Sisu will only have to pay off him for 6 months .
Give him the summer to try and get the right types in, I'd love to start next season with much fewer loans, as I feel that is part of our problem with players not fully committed to the club as they know their futures lie elsewhere including Maddison.
our most important position to sort out is an experienced keeper, the two we have are brilliant one minute but very error prone especially on crosses. I can't believe TM hasn't changed this and that's a big question mark over him.
As I say I want him here till Xmas, but he has to get rid of passengers and not good enoughs

Samo

The War of the Words.

Macca

Could do without these terms being used Nick especially in a thread title. Pretty unpleasant

Skyblueweeman

I think I'm the only one in the 'TM Out' camp then.

From what I'm reading (and what I've seen of the few games I've been to), we look devoid of any ideas on how to improve on this run of form. Our Plan B is Plan A. I get the fact that we've had bad injuries, especially defensively but lets not pretend that we're the only club who suffers injuries/suspensions.

The way I see it, is that we potentially lose some 'influential' players in the Summer so as a squad, we're back to the normal summer Square One. If we've got players here who we know can perform as they did in the first couple of months of the season, then lets make the most of them whilst we have them and maintain our play offs dream. If we can get up through the play offs then we're in a better squad position for next season.

As it stands, we're in freefall and show no signs of stopping.

fernandopartridge

I think I'm the only one in the 'TM Out' camp then.

From what I'm reading (and what I've seen of the few games I've been to), we look devoid of any ideas on how to improve on this run of form. Our Plan B is Plan A. I get the fact that we've had bad injuries, especially defensively but lets not pretend that we're the only club who suffers injuries/suspensions.

The way I see it, is that we potentially lose some 'influential' players in the Summer so as a squad, we're back to the normal summer Square One. If we've got players here who we know can perform as they did in the first couple of months of the season, then lets make the most of them whilst we have them and maintain our play offs dream. If we can get up through the play offs then we're in a better squad position for next season.

As it stands, we're in freefall and show no signs of stopping.

With respect, you weren't at the match the other night, where at times in the first half, we looked pretty good and created chances. There were definitely signs of improvement. It would be utter madness to sack Mowbray now.

ClarkeZ

With respect, you weren't at the match the other night, where at times in the first half, we looked pretty good and created chances. There were definitely signs of improvement. It would be utter madness to sack Mowbray now.

Its rare I agree with you Fernando, but on this we share a stance.

We have proven time and time again that our 12 month revolving door of managers doesn't work. We get a little bounce with most, but not all, of them and then 9 months later we're back in the same position.

If we were fighting relegation again I would suggest replacing TM to utilise that bounce to hopefully steer us to safety. But we are not in a relegation battle, we are at worst going to be in mid-table mediocrity and very very unlikely to find promotion regardless of who our manager is or may be, so lets stick it out, give him the summer to bring in the players he wants to fit his own game plan and hopefully hit the ground running in September.

We desperately need to stop the revolving door of managers, it just doesnt work. In the last 15 years its taken us to a league 1 final day relegation dogfight in Crawley, which I don't want to do again. So while we tell TM to change his ideas, lets do the same and give him that opportunity.

Lanno

Mourinho was a God at Chelsea and yet they still sacked him the season after he won the league. They cannot afford to lose out on top 4 in the same way we can't afford to lose out on the top 6 - this squad will be gone. Anyway since Gus has come in they've seen a significant upturn in form. This is all we need! A good run over the next 11 games.

New manager honeymoon period could be a real reason to replace TM. Worse case scenario - we still keep losing. No brainer for me.

Skyblueweeman

Granted, I wasn't. Maybe I've been unlucky in the games I've picked (Swindon away, Walsall/Burton at home) but those, coupled with reports on here and the fact that we've dropped 8 places and are almost as close to the bottom half on points as we are the play offs, then it's going to take more than some first half improvement to sway me.

Like I said, I hope TM proves me wrong but there comes a point when changes need to me made. Those who've been on here a while would probably know that I've been an advocate of sticking with managers previously and I've never been a fan of a revolving door policy.

But just for the first time in my 35 years on this planet, we've got a decent chance of getting into the play offs (I didn't think we would under Adams when we finished 8th) and in my opinion, rightly or wrongly, we'd have a better chance of getting someone else in for the final two months.

fernandopartridge

Mourinho was a God at Chelsea and yet they still sacked him the season after he won the league. They cannot afford to lose out on top 4 in the same way we can't afford to lose out on the top 6 - this squad will be gone. Anyway since Gus has come in they've seen a significant upturn in form. This is all we need! A good run over the next 11 games.

New manager honeymoon period could be a real reason to replace TM. Worse case scenario - we still keep losing. No brainer for me.

If we miss out on the top 6, surely it means the squad isn't that good. So the fact they're gone, becomes less of an issue.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Mowbray Out Mongs

Bit of an offensive heading? I'd like Mowbray out - my personal opinion - but it doesn't make me a "mong". I think you need to choose your words carefully my friend.

Old Warwickshire lad

He has proved his worth with his contacts. Look at the players he has bought in on loan. We need him more than he needs us. That said I also think he will walk in the summer.

Lanno

If we miss out on the top 6, surely it means the squad isn't that good. So the fact they're gone, becomes less of an issue.

Being good enough and under performing aren't the same though. I think most people would agree that this squad should be capable of achieving a top 6 position.

Skyblueweeman

He has proved his worth with his contacts. Look at the players he has bought in on loan. We need him more than he needs us. That said I also think he will walk in the summer.
Chris Stokes
Sam Ricketts
Romain Vincelot
Ruben Lameiras
Lateef Elford Alliyu
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Martin Lorentzson
Joe Cole
Stephen Hunt
Darius Henderson
Jack Stephens
Baily Cargill
James Maddison
Gael Bigirimana
Adam Armstrong
Jacob Murphy

These are the players he's brought in since the summer, either on loan or perm. 16 in total. Forget Maddison as he was ours originally...15. Not sure I'd say he'd been a success, although better than previous incumbents.

With those players that he's brought in though....why have we had such an awful 3 months?

Old Warwickshire lad

You missed off Ben Turner, no other league 1 club could have got him. And if he had not got injured, I think he would still be here and we would not be in the mess we are.
Chris Stokes
Sam Ricketts
Romain Vincelot
Ruben Lameiras
Lateef Elford Alliyu
Marc-Antoine Fortune
Martin Lorentzson
Joe Cole
Stephen Hunt
Darius Henderson
Jack Stephens
Baily Cargill
James Maddison
Gael Bigirimana
Adam Armstrong
Jacob Murphy

These are the players he's brought in since the summer, either on loan or perm. 16 in total. Forget Maddison as he was ours originally...15. Not sure I'd say he'd been a success, although better than previous incumbents.

With those players that he's brought in though....why have we had such an awful 3 months?[/QUOTE]

Grendel

He didn't bring in Stokes.

Skyblueweeman

You missed off Ben Turner, no other league 1 club could have got him. And if he had not got injured, I think he would still be here and we would not be in the mess we are

Forgot about Turner...got the list of SoccerBase....their mistake!

I agree that we would be more solid at the back with Turner still here but what about up top? We're not scoring regularly as we enter the business end of the campaign.

Covstu

You cannot compare our predicament with Chelsea's!! They expect success and have the resources to get there, we don't expect success and don't have the resources!

For me, if we would have bumbled around 8-10th this season and TM sold this on a 'creating a bit of stability' and push on next year these threads would not exist and everyone would be singing his praises. The fact is that we were/still are in touching distance of the playoffs and are far exceeding most realistic fans expectations this year. The songs about getting promoted, people on here booking hotels for playoffs was way too premature. We should know by now what can happen but we need to get a hold of it and rebuild next year with TM in charge.
I never expected promotion this year, I am disappointed on the results at late but its not over with yet.

SlowerThanPlatt

I'm not too sure clubs will be queueing up to take a manager from us who in his last 3 full seasons as manager has seen his team drop from the top 2 to mid table within a matter of months (obviously not confirmed with us yet, but looks fairly likely).

SlowerThanPlatt

You cannot compare our predicament with Chelsea's!! They expect success and have the resources to get there, we don't expect success and don't have the resources!

For me, if we would have bumbled around 8-10th this season and TM sold this on a 'creating a bit of stability' and push on next year these threads would not exist and everyone would be singing his praises. The fact is that we were/still are in touching distance of the playoffs and are far exceeding most realistic fans expectations this year. The songs about getting promoted, people on here booking hotels for playoffs was way too premature. We should know by now what can happen but we need to get a hold of it and rebuild next year with TM in charge.
I never expected promotion this year, I am disappointed on the results at late but its not over with yet.

How are we creating stability? 6-7 of the starters most likely won't be here next season.

Cargill, Stephens, Maddison, Fleck, Armstrong, Murphy and probably Cole and Ricketts too.

We'll need an entire new team next season.

Lanno

The comparison I was trying to make was the fact that Chelsea fans loved Mourinho and defended him on and on until eventually the time had to come to part company. The same squad have since performed better. Obviously I'm aware of the finance differences between the two clubs!

And actually I disagree about the expecting success part. Why shouldn't we have expected some success after the way we started the season? We didn't bumble around 8th -10th: we capitulated and fell down the league table with no sign yet of a resurgence. That is worrying. And so is the fact that TM has a history of doing this with teams.

I agree it's not over yet and would love our fortunes to turn, but I just can't see it happening. I would often think 'we only need to win X more games and we can make it' but those games are fast running out and the wins haven't been coming!

SkyBlue_Bear83

The comparison I was trying to make was the fact that Chelsea fans loved Mourinho and defended him on and on until eventually the time had to come to part company. The same squad have since performed better. Obviously I'm aware of the finance differences between the two clubs!

And actually I disagree about the expecting success part. Why shouldn't we have expected some success after the way we started the season? We didn't bumble around 8th -10th: we capitulated and fell down the league table with no sign yet of a resurgence. That is worrying. And so is the fact that TM has a history of doing this with teams.

I agree it's not over yet and would love our fortunes to turn, but I just can't see it happening. I would often think 'we only need to win X more games and we can make it' but those games are fast running out and the wins haven't been coming!

It's a poor example, Chelsea went from 1st to 15th under Mourinho.

We went from about 19 last season to 8th now.

A complete contrast

Users who are viewing this thread