Mowbray Out Mongs (2 Viewers)

Sky Blue Kid

It's a poor example, Chelsea went from 1st to 15th under Mourinho.

We went from about 19 last season to 8th now.

A complete contrast

Not really, you forgot to mention "Via 1st place, 4 points clear" to 8th. Big difference ;)

Covstu

How are we creating stability? 6-7 of the starters most likely won't be here next season.

Cargill, Stephens, Maddison, Fleck, Armstrong, Murphy and probably Cole and Ricketts too.

We'll need an entire new team next season.
Not saying we are, what I was trying to say was if we were mid table, he could have sold this line and people would have accepted it and therefore no talk of sacking him. The fact that he exceeded expectations initially is clearly his downfall

dongonzalos

Not saying we are, what I was trying to say was if we were mid table, he could have sold this line and people would have accepted it and therefore no talk of sacking him. The fact that he exceeded expectations initially is clearly his downfall

That's exactly it, if he took us out of relegation last season makes changes. Then gets us between 12th to 8th this season. People would see it as steady progress and would be looking forward to next season.
However because he has got us to the top of the table against most people expectations. 7th currently to many feels like a massive failure.

letsallsingtogether

That's exactly it, if he took us out of relegation last season makes changes. Then gets us between 12th to 8th this season. People would see it as steady progress and would be looking forward to next season.
However because he has got us to the top of the table against most people expectations. 7th currently to many feels like a massive failure.

He was brought here to get us to the top.
We had all this In Mowbray we trust and our owners have done a good thing should lick their boots.
So if that was not the reason, was he brought here just to fill a gap?

dongonzalos

He was brought here to get us to the top.
We had all this In Mowbray we trust and our owners have done a good thing should lick their boots.
So if that was not the reason, was he brought here just to fill a gap?

Every manager is brought in to get us promotion. Since we were relegated to the third tier.
So far how how they done?
If the CEO was correct before the season started our budget is 8th to 6th. Because of our inability to earn all year round. That is our budget. Previously it was stated anything over 11k increases that. Now it is 14k.
So even with the confusion created by the Maddison sale it looks like it is 6th to 8th.

We are currently 7th.

Anything below 8th is a slight under performance

6th is doing the best you could with the budget.

7th is good going.

I would say 14th or below depending on circumstances = sack

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Well at least Liverpool beat Man Utd! :claping hands:

Gazolba

I'm starting to wonder why he took the job.<snip> .

He was out of work wasn't he? He also thought we were a 'big club' with 'potential', which we are or at least should be. So I'm sure he is as disappointed as us that it has not gone smoothly so far. I agree we should stick with him for his full contract to see what he can do.

Astute

I am still happy with TM.

It sounds like JOB was an unsettling influence on the squad especially the younger players. He is now gone. Last game we didn't deserve to lose. We are approaching the business end of the season. Yes we are in 8th. But we are only 7 points off 3rd. And that is after a disastrous run. We are not the only club in the top 3rd on a bad run.

I have faith in TM to turn it around.

letsallsingtogether

Every manager is brought in to get us promotion. Since we were relegated to the third tier.
So far how how they done?
If the CEO was correct before the season started our budget is 8th to 6th. Because of our inability to earn all year round. That is our budget. Previously it was stated anything over 11k increases that. Now it is 14k.
So even with the confusion created by the Maddison sale it looks like it is 6th to 8th.

We are currently 7th.

Anything below 8th is a slight under performance

6th is doing the best you could with the budget.

7th is good going.

I would say 14th or below depending on circumstances = sack

But there are teams above us with smaller budgets then ours.
We have seen it before money doesn't always get you quality

shmmeee

Can we still say that about the budget considering we've just been told the sums were wrong and our break even figure was 40% off?

I think it's fair to say we need to take the "top 8 budget" quote with a truck load of salt now.

shmmeee

It's why I find the current tone utterly bizarre.

If predictable.

He wasn't the second coming when he turned up, and he's not the antichrist now.

He's not the antichrist, he's just a very ineffectual manager.

We either roll the dice again, or we accept mid table L1 is our place and settle in for a few decades of mediocrity. We all hoped he'd learned how to sustain a team for a season, he obviously hasn't. Next.

Gazolba

<snip> People would see it as steady progress and would be looking forward to next season.
<snip>.

Why? There is no such thing as 'steady progress' in our situation. Each season is to itself. There is no building from season to season. We start off with a whole new team every season with just a few isolated carry-overs. Next season, we won't have more than half of our current team and maybe not even our manager and assistant.

NorthernWisdom

He's not the antichrist, he's just a very ineffectual manager.

We either roll the dice again, or we accept mid table L1 is our place and settle in for a few decades of mediocrity. We all hoped he'd learned how to sustain a team for a season, he obviously hasn't. Next.

And what, in all the choices made by our current owners in the past, suggests they'd pick a hero and aviour next time out, who'd be able to ride the handicaps at the club and magic up a team that can beat better funded, better run clubs?

Users who are viewing this thread