Mowbray Out Mongs (3 Viewers)

jimmyhillsfanclub

Good idea FP......

I've noticed a lot of folks starting posts with "I don't want him sacked BUT...." and then offering lots of "evidence" to sack him, or shortlists of currently unemployed managers still reeking of past failures....

So, for clarity, I want TM to stay & at least see out the 46 game season.....& hopefully turn it into a 49 game season....

Nick

Administrator
I don't want him sacked yet, I want him to come up with some different ideas though.

I don't like the embarrassing run can be brushed under the carpet though. There are questions to be asked.

Grendel

The truth is it's probably too late to get a replacement in now anyway for this season.

So part company in the summer unless we see some significant improvement.

Brylowes

Last night on the radio i thought we sounded unlucky,there was
improvment by the sounds of it.
TM can still pull this together, vitally important for everyone to
get behind the team now. If we could just get a couple of wins
on the board everyone's outlook will change.

Johnnythespider

I think he will walk in the summer anyway, which for me will be a shame.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dongonzalos

Don't sack him if we miss out.
Give him a budget next season that is a top two budget.
If by Christmas we are not within striking distance of top two. Make the change.

lifeskyblue

No i don't want him sacked. Wouldn't get anyone better at this level.
My concerns though are:
a) has he lost the dressing room?
b) are there a couple of disruptive elements in the dressing room?
c) are there other influences that prevent TM doing the job (eg Anderson)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

The truth is it's probably too late to get a replacement in now anyway for this season.

Agree with all these.
If this run continues to the end of the season, he can go then.

I don't want him sacked yet, I want him to come up with some different ideas though.

I don't like the embarrassing run can be brushed under the carpet though. There are questions to be asked.

Otis

TM in. We won't attract anyone of better calibre in our current predicament.
Hmm... seems though that his calibre includes having teams of his 3 times in excellent play-off positions at Christmas and then totally blowing it.

Not sure I would want another manager of that calibre to be honest.

BackRoomRummermill

Let's sum it up easily

Good first third of season
terrible second third
the last third is to be played out.

now if we don't at least have a better run in I mean not outstanding but enough to keep us well away from relegation area then I say let's give another season a go as it is tangible evidence of progress ( hope we play a blinder into at least play offs)

if however we continue into this last third of the season the same and end up in the bottom eight then given the amount of money and work spent by himself I do not see this as progress and he and the club should review and I expect he will want more money to progress which we will not have and it will be bye bye Tony

So let's see , but if we do not make any progress especially given the thunderbolt start he has to go.

For or the record I want TM to stay.

matesx

caliber? he is a league one manager for a reason.

I don't see clubs rushing to lure him away.

Not convinced at all, and his previous disastrous runs from leading positions don't exactly fill me with confidence that he is capable of turning this embarrassing sequence around..... sadly.

This whole collapse is such a bloody shame.

May as well stick with till the end of season regardless. You never know.

covcity4life

you made a thread just 3 days ago saying its time to bring the curtain down on him.

speedie87

Mowbray in for me.

Even if this season tails off he'd be in better position to get us ready for next season than a new guy

matesx

when is he contracted to?

i thought it was end of season?

Covstu

For me we need him to stay, I hate loan signings but he has brought some high quality signings to the club who were at one point the envy of the league. We wouldn't get these with Presley etc. Equally he has brought some shite but he has clout which has been to our advantage

Chipfat

I would see what the last 10 games bring and go from there, Sisu will not have any desire in paying another manager off and will hope that TM can turn things around or decide to walk. I dont think TM walking is on the cards and if he feels like he has been cheated in any form by the owners he will stick it out and take the money, either way not much will change before the end of the season is my guess.

Going forward if TM sticks i still dont see much change from where the current squad is in the league maybe top 10 we should celebrate looking at the past seasons recently. Maybe we just except that the club is where it is and where the owners want it to be until they bring the running costs down. TM really has to see out the season and look at his options and the club need to do the same. We as fans are not really a concern of either party, we are just asked to put up with it as nothing we do will change the direction the club is going in. I would just enjoy good days, relflect on bad and have low expectations that way any season like we are having will be better in minds than fighting now about right and wrongs.

Last edited:

Otis

thats not really saying much is it?

if he does well keep him
if he does bad get rid
To be fair, a lot of fans are saying keep him for next season whatever. Give him another season wherever we finish.

That's different to people saying sack him if we keep on losing. :)

shmmeee

thats not really saying much is it?

if he does well keep him
if he does bad get rid

Well yeah, that's the calculation.

For me though doing badLY would be not returning to promotion form quickly. I wouldn't accept a 9th or 10th or even a 7th a fait way off 6th.

Users who are viewing this thread