Mowbray needs to go (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

Same old interview with Mowbray today. Same old excuses.

But no answers to rectify.

AFCCOVENTRY

Cat claws out at Maddison though!

Yeah...at least he said it doesn't matter what Maddison thinks of he is dropped. He's not bigger than the club.

Maddison is the best bit of business we have managed to do considering how he isn't anything special.

Sick Boy

We need to stop giving jobs to managers who get jobs based on one successful season and who are on their way down. I'd much prefer us to go out and hire someone we have never heard of for a change from the lower leagues.

AFCCOVENTRY

We need to stop giving jobs to managers who get jobs based on one successful season and who are on their way down. I'd much prefer us to go out and hire someone we have never heard of for a change from the lower leagues.

Absolutely...we never go to L2 for example and take an upcoming manager.

Nick

Administrator
There are managers who know leagues, your Warnock's and Holloways. We need a league 1 version.

trondegilsoltvedt97

Results and performance have been poor since December (with a couple of exceptions), but I'd give him another season. I'm sure the recent run has highlighted what we need to us all and TM - he now needs to address that in the summer. We've sacked manager after manager year after year and it hasnt got us anywhere

AFCCOVENTRY

He also said he knows what ingredients are missing from the squad

He should have done something about it in the last transfer window. Instead the signings he made have been awful.

Biggest mistake was not taking Elson Hooi when we needed that pacy winger.

junglej13

The team looked a mess today. No idea what the game plan was. He seems like he is setting up for a 0-0 every week.

SkyBlue_Bear83

It's all well and good saying it though, those ingredients were obviously not Hunt or Ramage.
Not good signings for sure but I suspect Mowbray even knew that at the time. I think even at the time Ramage signed Mowbray said he wasn't that good but the defensive crisis was desperate at that point.

January is a hard time to make permanent signings for a club with little money as mostly you are looking at unattached players who haven't played in months.

Nick

Administrator
Also mentioning the fact our starting 11 is barely the same week in week out. Yes it can happen because of injuries, but a lot of it is Mowbray changing things.

SkyBlue_Bear83

He should have done something about it in the last transfer window. Instead the signings he made have been awful.

Biggest mistake was not taking Elson Hooi when we needed that pacy winger.
Read my last post about how its difficult to make good signings in January for a club of our financial status, if he could have done more then he would have.

Nick

Administrator
Not good signings for sure but I suspect Mowbray even knew that at the time. I think even at the time Ramage signed Mowbray said he wasn't that good but the defensive crisis was desperate at that point.

January is a hard time to make permanent signings for a club with little money as mostly you are looking at unattached players who haven't played in months.

We have brought 9 players in since December (including Jones), if none are that ingredient that I think he should be questioned on it?

Did other clubs bring as many in?

Nick

Administrator
You do a good job of acting thick sometimes
How's that acting thick? If I need an ingredient I get that, I don't get everything but that.

It's not like he couldn't bring anybody at all in

9 players (not including Stephens and Cargill)

Grendel

Read my last post about how its difficult to make good signings in January for a club of our financial status, if he could have done more then he would have.

Yes he could have treated us similar quality to his earlier signings like MAF, Cole, Bigi and Lameries

SkyBlue_Bear83

How's that acting thick? If I need an ingredient I get that, I don't get everything but that.

It's not like he couldn't bring anybody at all in

I've just said about 2 minutes ago its difficult to sign players for January due to financial constraints at our club and then you throw out the 9 players since December nonsense.

In January we are either limited to loans who everyone moans about and also you can't have more than 5 playing, or you sign unattached players who have played very little football that season and won't be up to speed.

Yes a lot of them haven't been good signings but you also have to recognise the difficulties of signing new players at that time of year.

skybluetony176

Maybe next time I point out someone is a league one standard manager for the reasons you've just pointed out and the fact that he's had to step down a league to rebuild his career instead of attacking me and trying to promote the appointment of said manager as a reason everyone should be kissing SISU's ass along with the rest of your cronies you might want to listen to me instead.

The irony of pretty much all the posters on here who called me every name going for pointing out that he's not a premier league quality manager now being the ones who want him gone the quickest. Priceless. The experts on here must be the most fickle fans in the country eh sickboy?

Grendel

Maybe next time I point out someone is a league one standard manager for the reasons you've just pointed out and the fact that he's had to step down a league to rebuild his career instead of attacking me and trying to promote the appointment of said manager as a reason everyone should be kissing SISU's ass along with the rest of your cronies you might want to listen to me instead.

The irony of pretty much all the posters on here who called me every name going for pointing out that he's not a premier league quality manager now being the ones who want him gone the quickest. Priceless. The experts on here must be the most fickle fans in the country eh sickboy?

So you think Jose Marinhiou isn't a premier league manager then?

How do you think he would do here?

Grendel

Yeah but we didn't need an up and coming one then, we need an experienced one. Now we need an up and coming one. And then in six months time the same posters will be telling you we need an experienced one again.

He isn't experienced in this league though and looks rather....uncommitted.

Users who are viewing this thread