Moving Forward - New Stadium Questions (1 Viewer)

mark82

Although we're still having conversations in the background about other issues, it's probably time to look forward. I think everyone believes that a new stadium should be the priority now, whether that's fans or internally within the club.

I appreciate we all want immediate proof that the build will go ahead, but we're not going to get that at this time. What we can do is try to put some questions to the club for answers. We might not get all the answers we want but we can ask the questions and maybe provide some guidance on what fans would like to see.

Please try to keep this thread as free of opinion and arguments as we can.

I'll collate all questions in this post as we go along. Will start with one I want to ask....

1. Who will own the land that the stadium is built on?

TTG

Has this partnership been in talks since 2014?

pastythegreat

Although we're still having conversations in the background about other issues, it's probably time to look forward. I think everyone believes that a new stadium should be the priority now, whether that's fans or internally within the club.

I appreciate we all want immediate proof that the build will go ahead, but we're not going to get that at this time. What we can do is try to put some questions to the club for answers. We might not get all the answers we want but we can ask the questions and maybe provide some guidance on what fans would like to see.

Please try to keep this thread as free of opinion and arguments as we can.

I'll collate all questions in this post as we go along. Will start with one I want to ask....

1. Who will own the land that the stadium is built on?
Who will own the stadium? Will it be owned by CCFC? Or owned by SISU and rented to CCFC?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

mark82

Why can’t we be back in Coventry next summer by building a temp stand or two, which would earn more income for the club in coming years than being elsewhere and help pay for the stadium.

This would still need planning permission. The build stage isn't the problem, Rotherham built their ground in a year, it's everything before that. Can ask if there are possibilities of other sites closer to home considering the timeframes.

mark82

FFS, I've edited twice now, added a load of questions then refreshed before hitting save.

Some good questions, will update when I get chance tomorrow before I launch the laptop.

Jackoskyblue

Not a question but it would be good if they could put out a monthly or quarterly statement with progress & next steps. Even if the progress is very little would be good to know what’s being worked on or how the vision is evolving. Could be a different person/theme each month providing the update from their perspective, be good for joy to be part of that as she’s turning opinions of fans & not doing harm becoming more public

keeps the fans on side and excited but also means that we have something tangible to work with. Probably makes sticking it out in brum easier to take

Limey

Are the uni providing the land completely free of charge? Do you have a target date to submit formal plans to relevant council authority (Warwickshire?)?

mark82

Not a question but it would be good if they could put out a monthly or quarterly statement with progress & next steps. Even if the progress is very little would be good to know what’s being worked on it how the vision is evolving. Could be a different person/theme each month providing the update from their perspective, be good for joy to be part of that as she’s turning opinions of fans & not doing harm becoming more public

keeps the fans on side and excited but also means that we have something tangible to work with. Probably makes sticking it out in brum easier to take

Yep, a few people have said similar. I think this is important but need to get the timing right. Too many updates with nothing will get tedious but they need to be regular.

steve cooper

Do SISU think Coventry City Council have the power to object or even prevent a new stadium being built due to the surrounding transport infrastructure, as I'm certain they will do everything they can to stop the club moving forward.
This is something I have been thinking, a lot of the matchday traffic will come straight into Coventry city centre. Has there been any preliminary thoughts on whether this will be an issue, and how it will be tackled?

Calista

How do the club plan to make a modular stadium on a field even further out of town than the Ricoh an atmospheric new home that will inspire CCFC fans?

Jackoskyblue

Yep, a few people have said similar. I think this is important but need to get the timing right. Too many updates with nothing will get tedious but they need to be regular.

whatever timescales gives a decent update maybe quarterly but communicate to fans that that will be the frequency, which I’m sure they would anyway. By doing that it always gives fans something to look forward to instead of being in the dark and guessing when the next update will be

Ian1779

If SISU were to leave in the future I would want to see that the new owners would be able to take on the stadium ‘ownership’ as part of their takeover of the club.

jordan210

Great question. I think that's the plan, but I'll ask the question officially.

thanks for all your hard work Mark.

one other from me.

Could there be some fan involvement in the design/features of the stadium. even if it’s a small group of fans just helping out and giving ideas.

Would help rebuild trust with fans and would be really great to see fans ideas come to life in a stadium

As you never really hear about clubs doing something like

SBT

Is there a contingency plan to abandon/scale back the new stadium project were the Ricoh to become a viable long-term option during its construction? And if so, what is the point of no return?

tisza

A realistic reporting schedule that progress can be measured against.
Hide everything behind commercial confidentiality and many will think they're bullshitting again. And models won't count - people fell for that one last time.

robbiekeane

It feels like communication has improved significantly in the last few years, which has resulted in a notably increased connection between fans and the club and coincided with the general success of the club on the pitch. What can you commit to do to ensure this continues through what will undoubtedly be an era defining time for Coventry City Football Club as our new home is built?

The “match day experience” was always lacking at the Ricoh arena because of a lack of eating/drinking establishments within easy walking distance of the ground. Are there plans for a “fans village” type setup, and how can fans feed thoughts/opinions into the general design process?

cc84cov

I would like to know when this plans on starting ? Also the process that goes with getting a project like this going ?

Users who are viewing this thread