Moving Forward - New Stadium Questions (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

This would still need planning permission. The build stage isn't the problem, Rotherham built their ground in a year, it's everything before that. Can ask if there are possibilities of other sites closer to home considering the timeframes.

Thanks. Do you think planing permission will take up to 4 years ?. Without planning permission or breaking ground, this is mearly the latest in the list of fantasy builds

Paxman II

Are you fully committed to building a new stadium at Warwick Uni, or returning to the Ricoh within the next two seasons (2 years) given the opportunity, beit a long term lease or even the possibility of winning back the Ricoh due to yet unresolved EU complaint? What exactly is your time table and commitment?
Is your intent to sell the club in the near future once a return to the Ricoh or planning consent is approved for Warwick Uni?
If your intent IS to build a stadium, how will you raise the estimated 120m? Will you retain the rights if built or assign them over to new owners of the football club? If you build such a stadium and we are still in the championship or god forbid back in the premier league, would you not agree 15k'20k capacity would not be enough? Would it not be financially prudent to build a 35k capacity stadium rather than attempting more expensive 'add ons' at a later date?
.......I could go on.

mark82

It feels like communication has improved significantly in the last few years, which has resulted in a notably increased connection between fans and the club and coincided with the general success of the club on the pitch. What can you commit to do to ensure this continues through what will undoubtedly be an era defining time for Coventry City Football Club as our new home is built?

The “match day experience” was always lacking at the Ricoh arena because of a lack of eating/drinking establishments within easy walking distance of the ground. Are there plans for a “fans village” type setup, and how can fans feed thoughts/opinions into the general design process?

I love the fan village idea, it's something I'd love to see. I've got some examples.

mark82

Are you fully committed to building a new stadium at Warwick Uni, or returning to the Ricoh within the next two seasons (2 years) given the opportunity, beit a long term lease or even the possibility of winning back the Ricoh due to yet unresolved EU complaint? What exactly is your time table and commitment?
Is your intent to sell the club in the near future once a return to the Ricoh or planning consent is approved for Warwick Uni?
If your intent IS to build a stadium, how will you raise the estimated 120m? Will you retain the rights if built or assign them over to new owners of the football club? If you build such a stadium and we are still in the championship or god forbid back in the premier league, would you not agree 15k'20k capacity would not be enough? Would it not be financially prudent to build a 35k capacity stadium rather than attempting more expensive 'add ons' at a later date?
.......I could go on.

Some good questions in there. One question for you is where has the £120m figure come from? What we don't know is if there will be a land cost, but in terms of build cost there are a couple of recent examples....

Rotherham - £20m
Shrewsbury - £11m

Ours will be bigger than those but construction costs aren't necessarily going to be huge. £30-£35 million is something that sticks in my head. Regardless, funding is a good question.

higgs

What's in it for the university are we being gifted the land what return are they getting if we get to keep all the income generated from the stadium

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TTG

CoventryUSA

Given that they need to find a long-term solution quickly, any thought about using more temporary stands as they build out each section? A few examples across the football world of more temporary stadiums going up in less than a year.

Surely, it is preferable to another year or two paying rents at St Andrew.

win9nut

What is the plan for the years between our current agreement at St Andrews and the opening date of the proposed stadium? Extend at St Andrews or attempt another negotiation with Wasps? Do you plan to open negotiations sooner rather than later?

shmmeee

What else needs to be done for the partnership with the Uni be confirmed (currently it’s referred to as a planned partnership)? Similarly why announce now before it’s confirmed? What actual agreements are currently in place?

How much will be built alongside the stadium in terms of pubs/whatever or is the plan to use what’s on campus?

Will the club be designing the stadium or will UoW be taking the lead as it’s a showcase stadium for their technology? If UoW what’s the plan to ensure it meets CCFC fans wishes, if CCFC then will we be using any of the previous work done with the stadium forum to speed things up?

What is the expected return for CCFC? Will it enable us to compete on wage budget in the Championship?

Will it be reliant on the infrastructure being completed first?

What’s the planned capacity?

How do they intend to deal with the inevitable objection from CCC (and neighbours in the area) about traffic and duplication of the functions of the Ricoh? Does the timescale account for planning appeals if necessary?

djr8369

Is there a dedicated project team for this yet, both within SISU/club and the uni?
Does this project rest on the outcome from the EU case or is it going ahead anyway?
Is there a plan in place for financing and if so how does that affect ownership and income from the stadium?

eastwoodsdustman

Can the club give reassurances that the project will still go ahead irrespective of any developments at the Ricoh down the line?
The Ricoh will always be a millstone due to ccc so I’d personally prefer us to be well away from the place irrespective of wasps being there or them going pop.

samccov1987

What do you believe the cost of the new stadium will be?

How will this be financed?

Is the intention to be leasehold or freehold? If lease what is the cost and length of lease?

Do you intend to construct other properties on site (academy, training facilities or commercial use)?

Gosb

I've just read through this. It's a classic CCFC forum thread - Contributors, Comedians and F**king Conspiracy theorists

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Rather than giving away fans the end can we give them a corner like Leicester, and rather than a block of seats can we just have a widened stair case with bars either side and stewards down the middle

Covkid1968#

It’s a partnership... so are there any restrictions already being talked about in terms of how we can maximise it’s value to the club. Eg no activities that conflict with WUs activities. (Arts centre competition or use during peak student times)

Legia Sky Blue

Will training facilities/ academy move to the same site?
Is it possible that a link with Coventry women's FC will happen.

Haven't the women's team aligned themselves with Coventry United, and isn't Grendel's pal - Kalns, one of their main protagonists? Can't see any link up if that is the case.

Magwitch

Nowhere near enough clarity on this CCFC/WU ground idea/proposal, can include Warwick council in that too questions need answering.

djr8369

I am starting to wonder if asking questions is just going to result in them telling us what we want to hear. Maybe it would be better to just create the situation for dialogue and see what they say and commit to?

Otis

Some good questions in there. One question for you is where has the £120m figure come from? What we don't know is if there will be a land cost, but in terms of build cost there are a couple of recent examples....

Rotherham - £20m
Shrewsbury - £11m

Ours will be bigger than those but construction costs aren't necessarily going to be huge. £30-£35 million is something that sticks in my head. Regardless, funding is a good question.
What sort of quality of stadium are we going to get for £30m?

Seamus1

I prepare to be mocked for asking this, but might it be possible to ask why this £30m cannot be made as an offer (to a financially desperate entity) to acquire 50% of the RICOH arena and associated revenues arising from it?

Just as a caveat, I do hope that we get our own stadium, but for the moment I am pretty sceptical

cc84cov

Said from day one their aim is the Ricoh & the Ricoh only they won’t build a stadium,when this news broke I was optimistic but now I’ve sat on it I’m back at my original view,I can’t see SISU ever building a stadium hopfully I’m proved wrong.

CovInEssex

Not a question but just reiterate that the stadium doesn't need to be all bells and whistles on opening day, as long as it has a stand and a bar 99% of fans are going to be content, happy and greatful.

CovInEssex

Has the money earmarked for a new stadium been offered to Wasps for equity in the Ricoh Arena, whether that be 25%, 51%, or 100%? If not, why not?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I prepare to be mocked for asking this, but might it be possible to ask why this £30m cannot be made as an offer (to a financially desperate entity) to acquire 50% of the RICOH arena and associated revenues arising from it?

Just as a caveat, I do hope that we get our own stadium, but for the moment I am pretty sceptical
£30 million for half a stadium or £30 mill for 100% - that seems to be a no brainer really

clint van damme

Said from day one their aim is the Ricoh & the Ricoh only they won’t build a stadium,when this news broke I was optimistic but now I’ve sat on it I’m back at my original view,I can’t see SISU ever building a stadium hopfully I’m proved wrong.

I've always said they'll never build a stadium but have to admit that the I've allowed the fact this is a joint announcement to raise my hopes but I'm going to need to see some pretty rapid progress to keep me on board.

Seamus1

£30 million for half a stadium or £30 mill for 100% - that seems to be a no brainer really
On the face of it, possibly. However, if you add in the conferences, summer concerts, hotel, parking for a facility that is already built, compared to a prospective stadium and the years of inconvenience ahead...the difference might not be so significant

cc84cov

I've always said they'll never build a stadium but have to admit that the I've allowed the fact this is a joint announcement to raise my hopes but I'm going to need to see some pretty rapid progress to keep me on board.
The joint statement is just SISU probably having played Warwick into using them as part of their game plan to put the wind up the CCC & Wasps,like I said I do hope I’m proved wrong but I jus can’t see it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread