Morgan Williams (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

This guy must have some real potential if all of this is correct.

torchomatic

IF he had a successful period at SU U23s then why isn't he still there?

Nick

Administrator
IF he had a successful period at SU U23s then why isn't he still there?

Because they didn't want to fund his tampons?

giphy.gif

Manchester_sky_blue

If Mickleover are demanding a fee then perhaps Sheff U just didn’t want to pay the money. If Robins thinks he’s worth paying for then so be it.

Does seem expensive though I admit.

Alkhen

If Mickleover are demanding a fee then perhaps Sheff U just didn’t want to pay the money. If Robins thinks he’s worth paying for then so be it.

Does seem expensive though I admit.

it'll mostly be made up of sell on clauses and app fees im sure. no way we spunk 100k on a non-league youngster.. unless he is the next Franco Baresi and somehow all the prem teams have missed him

covcity4life

hmmm we really shouldnjt be giving 100k to non league teams, lets treat them like prem treats us when take take best players for peanuts

Captain Dart

better days

This is interesting
If he has pace I wouldn't be surprised to see Jordan Willis move on
Declan Rice has been playing in the Premier League and Irish team at the same age
Young central defenders with speed can develop very quickly if they have an experienced partner. In Davies or Rod he'd have that
He's been playing men's football in a tough league so it may suit him to move to a better standard
Robins hasn't made many mistakes yet

wingy

This is interesting
Declan Rice has been playing in the Premier League and Irish team at the same age
Young central defenders with speed can develop very quickly if they have an experienced partner. In Davies or Rod he'd have that
He's been playing men's football in a tough league so it may suit him to move to a better standard
You never know but I seriously doubt he’s near that.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is interesting

What is everyone’s obsession with Willis leaving?

We wanted about £500k after we got relegated, no one wanted to pay it. It is most likely his value has gone up, so I doubt many teams are willing to pay more than that for a defender.

This Williams lad, if signed, is quite clearly going to be brought in to our development team before the senior setup.

Last season, Robins spoke of ‘building a club, not a team’, meaning that the stronger the U23s and U18s are, the stronger the club is. Players like Westbrook and Williams will have to prove their worth in the U23s, just as Shipley and Bayliss did.

Manchester_sky_blue

What is everyone’s obsession with Willis leaving?

We wanted about £500k after we got relegated, no one wanted to pay it. It is most likely his value has gone up, so I doubt many teams are willing to pay more than that for a defender.

This Williams lad, if signed, is quite clearly going to be brought in to our development team before the senior setup.

Last season, Robins spoke of ‘building a club, not a team’, meaning that the stronger the U23s and U18s are, the stronger the club is. Players like Westbrook and Williams will have to prove their worth in the U23s, just as Shipley and Bayliss did.

Generally agree, but there again they said the same about Hyam and he pushed his way in to the first team. I would expect this lad to spend at least some time in the u23's though.

Mucca Mad Boys

Generally agree, but there again they said the same about Hyam and he pushed his way in to the first team. I would expect this lad to spend at least some time in the u23's though.

With 4 senior centre backs, and our most competitive position in the squad, an 18 year old kid from non-league isn’t likely to break the first team in my view. Barring an injury crisis.

I will be happy with this signing, especially considering some of the other teams in for this lad. It shows that a lot of promising young players view Coventry’s City as an ideal destination to forward their career. It’s apparently what gave us the edge in signing Allassani — again, faced stiff competition signing him.

Also, Robins deserves credit for his long-term view of squad building, as you mention Hyam, he was signed as a ‘development’ player and has only had 1 bad game in his 17 games last season. Players like Westbrook, Williams and our academy lads (plus anymore potential signings) will do much to improve the U23s, and thus, the senior team.

Users who are viewing this thread