Match Thread Morecambe v Coventry Match Thread - Sunday 6th Nov (2 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Morecambe v Coventry match, tactics and predictions :)

covcity4life

rcc
haynes if fit(if not ricketts)
harris
willis or turnball
dke
stevenson
rose
gadzhev if fit(if not lawton or another u23 midfielder)
reid or jones
sordell
wright or mcbean

1-0 win

fernandopartridge

Looking forward to this, even though it is a major banana skin for a young team. It'll be interesting to see who he plays in central midfield, we could really do with some steel in there to replace Bigi.

R

RB1992

Yeah there should definitely be a stream going somewhere.

Any idea how many we've sold?

shmmeee

Blood some kids for this one and the next cup game.

Burge
DKE Willis Turnbull Harries
Lawton Stevenson Bigi
Thomas Sordell Lamerias

fernandopartridge

Blood some kids for this one and the next cup game.

Burge
DKE Willis Turnbull Harries
Lawton Stevenson Bigi
Thomas Sordell Lamerias

We can't afford another season of going out of every cup competition early. We should play our strongest possible team, but, actually, that team looks OK. I don't think Lawton is fit enough yet and Bigi is suspended. Thomas deserves a run out and as do both K-E brothers.

clint van damme

Yeah there should definitely be a stream going somewhere.

Any idea how many we've sold?

Was told last night we've been given 500 terrace and 500 seated tickets and all the terrace have gone, don't know how many of the seated are left.

Paxman II

With recent form suggesting we could have a run at the playoffs i'd like to get rid of this cup malarkey. A chance to play a different 11 and see where it takes them perhaps?

georgehudson

I would expect MV to play a 4-3-3 formation, & with both Page & Bigirimana missing I would expect something like;
Burge
Ricketts Willis, Turnbull, Harries,
Stevenson, Rose, Reid,
Lameiras, Agyei, Sordell,
Bench; from; Charles-Cooke, Dion Kelly-Evans, Devon Kelly-Evans, Finch, Tudgay, Lawton, Haynes, Jones, Evans, Wright, Maycock.
Despite some weird & wonderful cup exits in the past, I'd hope we have enough to beat Morecambe,
PUSB

stupot07

Personally I would play our strongest side available and round pegs in round holes

----------------Burge
Sterry - willis- Turnbull - Haynes
-------rose-Stevenson-maycock (Lawton not fit)
-lamieres--Sordell--Reid

Bench: RCC, Ricketts, mcbean, Jones, tudguy, Devon Kelly-evans, Dion kelly-evans

DKE in for Sterry if Newcastle won't let him play.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Bigi is suspended, Sterry & Agyei can't play. CT say Page is suspended but I wonder when parent clubs say if they can play or not? Otherwise I guess the suspension would carry over to the Scunthorpe game as the JPT Checkatrade comp have their own disciplinary rules this season.

Andre Wright can play though .

Paxman II

What bollocks. We're nearer the bottom 3 than the top 6. We need a cup run to try and reinvigorate some interest in the team.
With 5 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat in the last 7 you say we need to invigorate interest in the team?!
We don't need this kind of cup distraction with our squad. It will hurt us in the long run. I want us to play a different 11, experiment, see what we have that could be used in the league assault. McBean for example?
It's so important we protect our squad from injuries and suspensions if we are to maintain recent results and get to the playoffs. Based on recent form that is easily achievable too. We have a tough set of games coming up in the league, we must be shrewd in how we go about things.

fernandopartridge

With 5 wins 1 draw and 1 defeat in the last 7 you say we need to invigorate interest in the team?!
We don't need this kind of cup distraction with our squad. It will hurt us in the long run. I want us to play a different 11, experiment, see what we have that could be used in the league assault. McBean for example?
It's so important we protect our squad from injuries and suspensions if we are to maintain recent results and get to the playoffs. Based on recent form that is easily achievable too. We have a tough set of games coming up in the league, we must be shrewd in how we go about things.
Yes, despite the good run only 7K turned up last night.

pipkin73

At the moment the game is on Nova Sport 2 czech & FOX Soccer Plus in the States. beIN Sports Arabic normally pick up FA Cup games so they might have it on but have not updates their site yet.

Wiseoldfool

I don't think we should make wholesale changes but at the same time I agree that we need to protect squad eg Rose

shmmeee

We've got a few coming back from injury, seems sensible not to risk anyone. The loanees are pretty much all unavailable. So there's space there. You can always have the likes of Rose and Jones on the bench in case it looks like we need them. Then again, if it's a choice of a midfield of Lawton, Stevenson, Maycock that's probably too much. Could go 442 I suppose.

wingy

We've got a few coming back from injury, seems sensible not to risk anyone. The loanees are pretty much all unavailable. So there's space there. You can always have the likes of Rose and Jones on the bench in case it looks like we need them. Then again, if it's a choice of a midfield of Lawton, Stevenson, Maycock that's probably too much. Could go 442 I suppose.
Not after that first half last night Shmmeee

stupot07

I don't think we should make wholesale changes but at the same time I agree that we need to protect squad eg Rose
Problem is bigis suspended, ghadzev and McCann are injured, which leaves only Rose as the only central midfielder who's not a teenager. He will have to start on Saturday unless injured.

On another note, I've noticed a few sticking lawton in, but hes made just one 60 minute appearance in the u23s after being out with a serious injury for over a year. Hes nowhere near ready to come into the first team squad

stupot07

No, we were woeful for the first hour playing playing 442. We need to stick with the system that's working.

Users who are viewing this thread