More Wasps BS? (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

Even tries to dismiss criticism of free tickets as they still have to travel to the ground. What a load of shit, its a crying shame what passes for journalism in the Telegraph these days.

No mention that Wasps promised not to play the same day as CRFC when they arrived. Didn't realise Cov were at home yesterday as well. Imagine how many more they might have got in their attendance if Wasps weren't literally giving out free tickets by the handful.

Nick

Administrator
Even tries to dismiss criticism of free tickets as they still have to travel to the ground. What a load of shit, its a crying shame what passes for journalism in the Telegraph these days.

No mention that Wasps promised not to play the same day as CRFC when they arrived. Didn't realise Cov were at home yesterday as well. Imagine how many more they might have got in their attendance if Wasps weren't literally giving out free tickets by the handful.
He's pretty much their pr department.

WillenhallSkyBlues

It would be interesting to compare the gate receipts between cov rugby and the London wasps yesterday, can’t imagine them being that far off due to the amount of freebies the London wasps give out even though there was apparently 23/24k more at the Ricoh.

Brighton Sky Blue

It would be interesting to compare the gate receipts between cov rugby and the London wasps yesterday, can’t imagine them being that far off due to the amount of freebies the London wasps give out even though there was apparently 23/24k more at the Ricoh.

Average for all games including the firework display stands at 11,400 which is down about 5,000 on last season.

chiefdave

Average for all games including the firework display stands at 11,400 which is down about 5,000 on last season.
Didn't realise it was that bad. And you then have to take into consideration that they seem to be giving out free tickets at an unprecedented rate. Giving each season ticket holder 20 free for every game is ridiculous.

Brighton Sky Blue

Didn't realise it was that bad. And you then have to take into consideration that they seem to be giving out free tickets at an unprecedented rate. Giving each season ticket holder 20 free for every game is ridiculous.

Taking aside the fireworks display which brought in nearly 25,000 the 3 cup games struggled to hit 7,000 while the other league games were 10,000 and 12,000. What is a lot harder to find is the money taken in at each game.

CCFC54321

This bridge fellow appears a young impressionable fellow that will get brainwashed within minutes by anything. He’s been drawn into wasps as they have been ‘nice’ to him in return for favours and gifts. I mean, what self respecting journalists would take kits off the club your reporting on and not be neutral on the reports and stance eh?

I’m embarrassed for him. If and when it goes tits up at wasps I hope he has a good look at himself in a mirror and doesn’t repeat the childish mistakes he is making in his early journalism days.

Liquid Gold

I wonder if their stance towards us has put anybody off attending. I know when it was announced we were playing in Brum a few people on twitter who support both said they wouldn’t be going until we’re back.

Brighton Sky Blue

I wonder if their stance towards us has put anybody off attending. I know when it was announced we were playing in Brum a few people on twitter who support both said they wouldn’t be going until we’re back.

Doubt it just more likely that doing crap on the pitch and losing the big name players has weakened the ‘top class rugby’ argument. That and the closing down of non sporting features at the stadium

Grendel

Doubt it just more likely that doing crap on the pitch and losing the big name players has weakened the ‘top class rugby’ argument. That and the closing down of non sporting features at the stadium

Yeah I think the people who went locally just went for a day out and now are bored

I suspect that the percentage of original fans is now higher as they are sticking with it but a lot of them on social media seem to be getting fed up as well

They have failed to attract a strong locks fan base its looking grim

Sick Boy

Yeah I think the people who went locally just went for a day out and now are bored

I suspect that the percentage of original fans is now higher as they are sticking with it but a lot of them on social media seem to be getting fed up as well

Fair play to their original fans for sticking with it but they were and have been totally discarded from the franchise, I hope for their sake they get their club back in its rightful home.

Last edited:

Brighton Sky Blue

They got 25,000 on Saturday not for a thrilling loss to Harlequins but because of a fireworks display, free tickets and Christmas village. I’d wager the Lower Precinct saw similar action

Nick

Administrator
Yep, again it's people going for a day out to take selfies. They won't go again until next year.

Brighton Sky Blue

Fair play to their original fans for sticking with it but they’ve were and have been totally discarded from the franchise, I hope for their sake they get their club back in its rightful home.

Yup it’s all about trying to forge a fake West Midland ‘identity’

Grendel

Yup it’s all about trying to forge a fake West Midland ‘identity’

Which again although it’s a well worn track the Trust should be on it. It’s obvious the problems are getting worse.

This free ticket policy now is like a fire sale

The CT article even by its own standards is a shocker. Eastwood may as well have written it himself

Brighton Sky Blue

Which again although it’s a well worn track the Trust should be on it. It’s obvious the problems are getting worse.

The CT article even by its own standards is a shocker. Eastwood may as well have written it himself

It’s about the only way to placate season ticket holders who have paid through the nose for a garbage product. Well, short of just refunding them that is. The state of those finances without the CVC bonus should have Eastwood shitting himself

CCFC88

Novelty is wearing off, my cousin plays in an u10s team in the city, they have gone as a group with parents the last 2-3 years with their freebies.

I asked if they were going this year "We have free tickets, nobody from the club can be arsed to go though"

chiefdave

Its so easy for the trust, this stuff writes itself.

Just needs a quick press release saying they are very concerned about the number of free tickets being given out by Wasps, reference them being offered 10 at a time on social media for last weekend and all season ticket holders getting 20 for every remaining game, and the potential negative impact on CCFC and other clubs in the city who don't have the resources to match that.

Throw in a mention that they've again broken their promise to not play the same day as CRFC and job done.

You could knock it up in 10 minutes and have it emailed out to everyone.

Nick

Administrator
Its so easy for the trust, this stuff writes itself.

Just needs a quick press release saying they are very concerned about the number of free tickets being given out by Wasps, reference them being offered 10 at a time on social media for last weekend and all season ticket holders getting 20 for every remaining game, and the potential negative impact on CCFC and other clubs in the city who don't have the resources to match that.

Throw in a mention that they've again broken their promise to not play the same day as CRFC and job done.

You could knock it up in 10 minutes and have it emailed out to everyone.

Then Wasps wouldn't let a Phoenix Club play there and Hoffman might not be their mate?

CCFC88

I wonder if you could phone up the ticket office and talk them into sending you out 2 free tickets for their next home game.

Say you've never been before but have heard a lot about it and that your friends got free tickets and can you get a pair free.

Record it and get it shared on social media, would cause a bit of a storm with paying customers I'd imagine

chiefdave

Record it and get it shared on social media, would cause a bit of a storm with paying customers I'd imagine
If they haven't complained yet I don't think they're going to. Our season ticket holders used to kick off when we'd have a game with tickets reduced let alone free tickets by the handful!

Grendel

If they haven't complained yet I don't think they're going to. Our season ticket holders used to kick off when we'd have a game with tickets reduced let alone free tickets by the handful!

They never say how many season tickets they actually have.

chiefdave

Why would you buy one when you can go to every game for free?
I would guess they've looked at the numbers and realised its all either season ticket holders or freebies so they've decided to give out more to try and up the numbers but have gone way over the top.

The question now is how many season ticket holders will decide not to bother when free tickets are being throw around like confetti.

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

I would guess they've looked at the numbers and realised its all either season ticket holders or freebies so they've decided to give out more to try and up the numbers but have gone way over the top.

The question now is how many season ticket holders will decide not to bother when free tickets are being throw around like confetti.
If you had 20 mates you’d blatantly buy one between yourselves and cream off the free tickets

Paul Anthony

Do you think that Eastwood could be Fisher in disguise ??

Both have very similar traits.

That's the major plot twist. When all this comes to a head, Eastwood is going to peel off his face, revealing it was a mask. And underneath is going to be none other than Tim Fisher....

Brighton Sky Blue

Novelty is wearing off, my cousin plays in an u10s team in the city, they have gone as a group with parents the last 2-3 years with their freebies.

I asked if they were going this year "We have free tickets, nobody from the club can be arsed to go though"

They have gone on a full freebie offensive in schools too. Most of the kids dismiss it as ‘just some shit rugby’

Nick

Administrator
They have gone on a full freebie offensive in schools too. Most of the kids dismiss it as ‘just some shit rugby’

Yeah, we often get emails from the school. None of the kids give a shit about it any more and they are trying far too hard to push them.

Even a bloke I know who went doesn't bother now even though he can still get freebies. Has no idea about their results.

Brighton Sky Blue

Yeah, we often get emails from the school. None of the kids give a shit about it any more and they are trying far too hard to push them.

Even a bloke I know who went doesn't bother now even though he can still get freebies. Has no idea about their results.

Bizarrely the netball is actually more popular at least in the school I work in.

Users who are viewing this thread