More news on Ryton (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Kid

But the fact remains that CCC have endangered the future of our club by selling to wasps. Yes SISU may have had it coming but they have damaged the club in their eagerness to fuck up SISU and shown scant regard for it's plight beyond SISU or the tradition and heritage of our club in the city.

But Samo, It isn't CCC selling away our heritage(Ryton) it's SISU.

torchomatic

Sky Blue Kid

Yes. Hatred is fine. Blind Hatred is stuoid4.

The very same

I think you're mixing up "Blind Hatred" with "Blind Faith"... "Blind Hatred" usually comes about by firstly "Seeing" and then getting so wound up it sends one into a blind rage/hatred..... "Blind Faith" is what happens with a few on here, ie- RFC when they "See" but just let it all happen anyway.

Sky Blue Kid

Very true. but they were responsible for "selling away" the Ricoh.

Yawnnnnn, getting board with explaining now. Just for you Torchy one final time.... SISU should have made a FIRM OFFER without any shit provisos' ffs. Even "Peeping Tom" could see it wasn't a real offer that was made.

robbiekeane

I think you're mixing up "Blind Hatred" with "Blind Faith"... "Blind Hatred" usually comes about by firstly "Seeing" and then getting so wound up it sends one into a blind rage/hatred..... "Blind Faith" is what happens with a few on here, ie- RFC when they "See" but just let it all happen anyway.
Everyone knows SISU are shit owners and every can't wait to get rid of them. But what frustrates a lot of people is when every tiny thing that goes wrong is pinned on the owners, when actually these things are not entirely their fault.

Recognising that not absolutely everything is 100% their fault (Mowbray making shit signings with a competitive budget, Mowbray making daft substitutions, Wasps being arseholes, the council being arseholes), is not the same as people defending SISU are being an "apologist" or whatever the hell the latest daft label is.

If you cannot see that it is not the same thing, than you are a waste of time arguing because you obviously don't have the intellect to participate in a proper debate.

Sky Blue Kid

Everyone knows SISU are shit owners and every can't wait to get rid of them. But what frustrates a lot of people is when every tiny thing that goes wrong is pinned on the owners, when actually these things are not entirely their fault.

Recognising that not absolutely everything is 100% their fault (Mowbray making shit signings with a competitive budget, Mowbray making daft substitutions, Wasps being arseholes, the council being arseholes), is not the same as people defending SISU are being an "apologist" or whatever the hell the latest daft label is.

If you cannot see that it is not the same thing, than you are a waste of time arguing because you obviously don't have the intellect to participate in a proper debate.

Cheeky fucker... Not making "Due Dilligence" when taking charge of a business shows lack of intelligence(Who was that?) I don't give a Frog's fat arse about all your excuses Rent should have been top of SISU's list, but no, the greedy fuckers cba with sensible business acumen. About the brains of an amoeba... which brings me back to you!
PS It shows when somebody doesn't read eh?... Take a look at my post #176 Then come back here and tell me I can't differentiate.

Last edited:

clint van damme

I think just about every forum member sees the bigger picture but some seem to blame CCC/ACL for the downright ineptitude of SISU to do at least one thing right. Of course CCC/ACL are culpable to an extent, but f**k me some need to wake up and see who, by a vast distance are the major protagonists in all this shitfest!

It's not that I don't blame sisu, it's that I don't want other parties involved going down a path that will do irrevocable damage to the club after they've gone, (looks like horse has already bolted on that one).
I also don't prescribe to the notion that once sisu have gone wasps, CCC and higgs will welcome the new owners with open arms and do everything they can to help the club progress.
However, I believe it's fundamental to the clubs survival that sisu go, but I still think there will be many more battles to come after that.

The Gentleman

You've no need to respect my opinion SBK, no other bugger does. The point is that I'm not convinced that selling the training ground per se is a terrible idea. I think it's the fact that SISU are doing it that bugs people. If Wasps hadn't bought up the Higgs centre then there was at least a half-feasible idea for moving the whole shebang there, which in fairness was mooted prior to the deal going through.

The brutal fact, for me, is that if Wasps hadn't been allowed to move up here and purchase the Ricoh we'd be in a better position all round and might not even be talking about this - whether our crappy owners were still with us or not.

Apologies for dragging Wasps into it again, I don't doubt that everyone here tires of my bitterness about it. However to my eyes the deals between Wasps, the Council and the Higgs will do far worse damage to the club than anything that SISU could ever do to us - including (if or when it comes to it) another insolvency. I'll try to shut up about it now... :)

Selling the training ground is a bad idea because the chances are we will end up renting which will take more money out the the budget for players.

I couldn't give a rats arse about whether Sisu, Wasps, Venus or any sodding house builder in the country wants to build houses, in fact the country needs them so more houses can only be a good thing. I think you're wrong about it bugging people just because it's Sisu, the fact is we've heard all the fallout from the academy farce and then this garbage about selling and building on Ryton but what makes my piss boil is the fact that we've not seen or heard any sort of plan about the lifeblood of our football club. That is what pisses people off. Past history tells us that if/when Ryton goes Sisu will claim the world is against them and forced them into this when they've had plenty of time to come up with something and lets remember that a simple turbocad drawing done by a 5 year old was enough to fool the FL into thinking that was going to be our shiny new stadium whilst our owners decimated our support so they'll come up with some bollocks about building a training facility whilst our lads kick balls into hedges at the Memorial park with some shite and the relevant authorities will buy it because councils want houses and sports authorities are like chocolate teapots.

Yes, Wasps pulled a very shit stunt in moving them here but they had already proved that they don't care much for fans by moving around London. The Ricoh was an opportunity for a business and that business took that opportunity. That happens all over the world, oh sorry, except for the business that owns us. I struggle to see how you cannot put Sisu in with the council, Wasps and Higgs though............If Sisu had done and acted like good business people who actually cared just a shred about our football club then Wasps would never be mentioned on here. If Sisu hadn't taken us to Northampton then our fanbase wouldn't have took such a hit, if Sisu had sat down and negotiated a deal with Higgs when they should have our academy would have somewhere to play, if Sisu didn't try and sue everyone who doesn't jump at their demand then people would be receptive towards us, if Sisu actually gave us one actual plan of what their plans are for us and if Sisu hadn't continually lied to us then the fans would actually sit and listen. The very fact you cannot put Sisu in with the other 3 you mention about damaging our football club long term is simply ridiculous after what they have done in 9 short years in the history of our club.

The Gentleman

Spot on. My feelings exactly. Wasps will do more damage to CCFC than SISU ever will.

Along with the council, who else allowed Wasps into the city with their complete and utter disregard for our football club, it's fans and the wider community and therefore causing all of this damage to the club?

dongonzalos

Absolutely the crux of it. Not a whisper with Higgs, not a whisper when Wasps grabbed the Ricoh, because it buggered SISU. And the club, of course, but hey, thems the breaks. As long as SISU get it, who cares?

Have Wasps bought Higgs and the Ricoh?
I can't believe it!
As you say not a whisper about it on here, you must be the first person to mention it!

duffer

If that happens it will be because SISU are a willing victim. SISU already have done more damage to CCFC than all the others combined and they aren't finished yet.

And that, you see, is where we disagree. SISU have screwed the club over royally, but selling the Ricoh to Wasps has finished us. The academy and the Ryton are trivial issues by comparison.

You can bitch all you'd like about SISU being crap owners, and they are, but one day they will go. Wasps have got a 250-year lease on the only decent football stadium in the city, and guess what, they need the revenue from it in order to keep their £35m-in-debt show on the road. The best we can hope for now, the absolute best, is some sort of rent deal and bugger all access to the other revenues - and there are idiots here who bought the line from the Council that it wouldn't hurt the club. Amazing.

duffer

Hindsight's a wonderful thing ain't it. If only.... If only... If only....... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh on the start of their tenure... If only SISU had bought into the Ricoh when it was offered some 2-3 years into their tenure... If only SISU had made a FIRM OFFER instead of that "Lip Service" when Wasps had made their firm, and without any proviso's offer. things would be all fantastic today... *Shakes**Shivers**Snaps out of daydream*

If only the council had made a firm offer to sell it for the £6.5m they sold it to Wasps. If only they'd have given it time to build trust when we came back from Northampton, like they promised they would. Didn't need hindsight to see what would happen when we sold to Wasps, it was absolutely bloody obvious.

And yet here people are, with pitchforks and torches about possibly selling the bloody training ground. Where were you then?

duffer

Everyone's had an impact, and I'm sure on the CCC and ACL fans forums they must be fuming. But this is a CCFC forum, we discuss CCFC.

It's the constant whatabbouttery and acting as if Sisu are just poor dears being buffeted around by these massive forces, rather than the sole owners of our club and the people responsible for its outcomes.

Sounds like a teenager that hasn't done his homework: everyone's fault but the person responsible for it.

Don't know about whataboutery, but there's a sodding huge straw man here. I find it incredible that posters who are otherwise quite intelligent struggle to spot it. There is no one on this board who is pro SISU.

It's completely bloody idiotic to suggest there is. Pointing out the obvious rubbish spouted by the council is not somehow pro-SISU. Never mind teenagers, that's the kind of logical flaw that a eight-year old could spot.

Sky Blue Kid

[QUOTE="duffer, post: 1178804, member: 1715"]If only the council had made a firm offer to sell it for the £6.5m they sold it to Wasps. If only they'd have given it time to build trust when we came back from Northampton, like they promised they would. Didn't need hindsight to see what would happen when we sold to Wasps, it was absolutely bloody obvious.

And yet here people are, with pitchforks and torches about possibly selling the bloody training ground. Where were you then?[/QUOTE]

Erm How do you make a "Firm offer" to sell?

NorthernWisdom

Don't know about whataboutery, but there's a sodding huge straw man here. I find it incredible that posters who are otherwise quite intelligent struggle to spot it. There is no one on this board who is pro SISU.

It's completely bloody idiotic to suggest there is. Pointing out the obvious rubbish spouted by the council is not somehow pro-SISU. Never mind teenagers, that's the kind of logical flaw that a eight-year old could spot.

tbf, learned well from SISU haven't they. The whole 'clock is ticking' scenario, and being positioned as the only choices to take us over meant they got a free reign, regardless of whether they were the 'right' owners or not. Indeed, it kind of gave them a... free pass, when people (including some of the directors who hopped on board with them) should have been questioning them and their motivations.

I don't want that one-way rhetoric again, if and when SISU bog off, so we end up welcoming beezlebub II, this time his red hot poker's proper up yer arse... INC.

Anyway, to get back to this ere thread ;) will repeat again that philosophically Ryton going wouldn't be a bad thing... if it were remotely plausible we'd get something else. So, at the risk of going all new stadium again... show us the plans.

As for Sport England and the like, worth noting that Gilbert's book has been useful for something ;) it mentioned the plans to demolish HR *and* build the Ricoh had to go in the same time, as getting rid of HR wouldn't have been allowed without the Ricoh popping up. If (if) the same logic is applied over the training ground, then actual plans for housing should be going in around the same time we get an actual plan for a training ground.

That'll be nice, eh.

It'll be nice when we get shiny new facilities at Guy's Cliffe eh.

The Lurker

And that, you see, is where we disagree. SISU have screwed the club over royally, but selling the Ricoh to Wasps has finished us. The academy and the Ryton are trivial issues by comparison.

You can bitch all you'd like about SISU being crap owners, and they are, but one day they will go. Wasps have got a 250-year lease on the only decent football stadium in the city, and guess what, they need the revenue from it in order to keep their £35m-in-debt show on the road. The best we can hope for now, the absolute best, is some sort of rent deal and bugger all access to the other revenues - and there are idiots here who bought the line from the Council that it wouldn't hurt the club. Amazing.

Selling to wasps didn't finish us, moving to Northampton did.

robbiekeane

Cheeky fucker... Not making "Due Dilligence" when taking charge of a business shows lack of intelligence(Who was that?) I don't give a Frog's fat arse about all your excuses Rent should have been top of SISU's list, but no, the greedy fuckers cba with sensible business acumen. About the brains of an amoeba... which brings me back to you!
PS It shows when somebody doesn't read eh?... Take a look at my post #176 Then come back here and tell me I can't differentiate.
What is wrong with you? What are my excuses? When did I say anything about the rent situation? When did we talk about due diligence?

Any more randomness or you going to have a debate?

torchomatic

Sisu moving us to Northampton started the ball rolling re: wasps coming to play. If we didn't move from the Ricoh wasps wouldn't be here now.

Totally disagree. CCC would have NEVER sold to SISU. "Hell will freeze over", remember. Wasps would have been on the scene regardless and The Council would have done exactly the same thng.

Not excusing the Northampton move. Shocking decision.

One point. Remember Lucas saying that Wasps would not have a detrimental affect on the football club. What do you reckon about that?

Ashdown

Why do people like you talk about 'Budget' ?? You don't know anymore about how that 'budget' is being passed down than the next man ! SISU have lied about almost everything for 4 years, they're destructive club killing cunts just trying for a soft landing. There will be a handful of dick heads still defending them to the last and thousands of loyal City fans holding their head in their hands soon saying we tried to warn you, some of us right from 2007 !

Ashdown

Totally disagree. CCC would have NEVER sold to SISU. "Hell will freeze over", remember. Wasps would have been on the scene regardless and The Council would have done exactly the same thng.

Not excusing the Northampton move. Shocking decision.

One point. Remember Lucas saying that Wasps would not have a detrimental affect on the football club. What do you reckon about that?
Not excusing Northampton ?? Really, I bet you did at some point if I look back at posting records ?

torchomatic

Why do people like you talk about 'Budget' ?? You don't know anymore about how that 'budget' is being passed down than the next man ! SISU have lied about almost everything for 4 years, they're destructive club killing cunts just trying for a soft landing. There will be a handful of dick heads still defending them to the last and thousands of loyal City fans holding their head in their hands soon saying we tried to warn you, some of us right from 2007 !

Sigh. No one is defending them.

torchomatic

Not excusing Northampton ?? Really, I bet you did at some point if I look back at posting records ?

What because i went to Sixfields?

Be my guest look through if that's how you want to spend your time.

Ashdown

I heard a few words from someone close to my family that suggests a big shock coming the way of CCFC fans next week, now I don't know details but do wonder but I'm told it's going to be properly shite !

torchomatic

I heard a few words from someone close to my family that suggests a big shock coming the way of CCFC fans next week, now I don't know details but do wonder but I'm told it's going to be properly shite !

It is Steven Pressley then?

Ashdown

I don't know really, the source came from a non City fan but someone who works I think with one of the SCG bods and its going to be worse than that I gather.

torchomatic

To be honest i don't know what can be "worse" than being in our current situation.

Users who are viewing this thread