Match Thread MK Dons (Away) (1 Viewer)

larry_david

Kelly on ht for Shipley for me. Get some midfield control. Our game atm is let them pass around, nick it off them and burst 100 miles an hour through to goal.

Also think we've shown them far too much respect here. Sitting off ginger lewington who's 157 years old.

I'm not enthused at all by what I've just witnessed*

*doesn't mean Robins out, sisu out, cov suck fuck this I'm never going back again. Just means we've been shit so far

speedie87

Half time thoughts.

Marosi and our defense are going to concede lots of soft goals in the championship.

We miss Walsh

Ref is dire

shmmeee

Think I’d stick Walker on for Godden, Maybe Mason for Allen and move Giles forward.

We’re going to be counterattacking and they’re leaving a lot of space behind their back line.

stupot07

I dont see it myself, I see hamer playing deeper because he's not playing next to a proper holding midfielder.. When Kelly or sheaf come in.. He will be able to dictate play going forward a bit more
To be fair, hamer said his game is working hard and not to expect any goals, implying he is more defensive, whereas, Sheaf has come in and said hes been asked to dicate play.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Sky Blue Harry H

I'd have Walker on at half time. He can make runs when we have the ball, but needs to stand on Lewington when they have the ball. Letting Lewington have the ball unchallenged at the back is allowing them the high percentage of possession regardless of having ten men.

Skybluefaz

I'd be happier to see how he progresses away from the club, can't have him starting in the championship or even being used for rotation
I'm with you on Drysdale, not convinced he's got the raw attributes to mature into a quality CB. May have been unlucky for the red but still got done by the forward and was the wrong side of him.

shmmeee

The sheaf deal has took time Kelly isn’t match sharp but in this system we need 2 proper holding players,Shipley isn’t that

We do. I’m surprised Eccles hasn’t been given a shot. Though I love me some Shippers this isn’t his best position.

Evo1883

We have been poor. But we look dangerous every time we counter attack. Hamer looks a good prospect and his corners are decent
We do look dangerous on the counter I agree, very sloppy on the ball and surrendering possession too much though... Must retain the ball better especially with 10 men

PeterNdlovu14

Very frustrating. When we are able to link 3 passes together we actually are able to get out of our half and attack with some purpose.
We've got out down the left with Giles, other occasions we've mistimed passes/runs in behind to get O'Hare and Godden in.

Credit to MK, they've pressed us well and not allowed us to build up any sort of rhythm.
We look set up from the start to win the ball and counter, so I don't think our game plan changes too much with 10 men.

shmmeee

I'd have Walker on at half time. He can make runs when we have the ball, but needs to stand on Lewington when they have the ball. Letting Lewington have the ball unchallenged at the back is allowing them the high percentage of possession regardless of having ten men.

Oggy seems to think standing off Lewington is a tactic “laying traps”.

Mucca Mad Boys

I completely agree, i challenged Paxman on it last week. We will miss Walsh, hopefully Sheaf is a better like for like replacement.

I like what I’ve seen from Hamer. He’s really good in the tackle. I’ve not seen a lot of evidence of it yet, but he was very high in the ‘chances created’ across all the European leagues. 48 in total - the same amount as Kai Havertz and Sandro Tonali, for example.

Walsh was good in the tackle and creates chances too. But, the biggest difference between the two players so far is that Walsh is a very technical dribbler and drives forward from that CM role. Haven’t seen that from Hamer yet.

I’d love to see the two line up together In Cov shirt one day.

Ring Of Steel

Kelly on ht for Shipley for me. Get some midfield control. Our game atm is let them pass around, nick it off them and burst 100 miles an hour through to goal.

Also think we've shown them far too much respect here. Sitting off ginger lewington who's 157 years old.

I'm not enthused at all by what I've just witnessed*

*doesn't mean Robins out, sisu out, cov suck fuck this I'm never going back again. Just means we've been shit so far

If anyone was expecting anything apart from a stop-start, disjointed & ‘not up to speed yet’ performance in that half then that’s just stupid. Not good by any means but also totally predictable & to be expected. I know it’s a waste of time saying this, but ffs give it some time & understand the stage we’re at before reaching for the cyanide capsules.

shmmeee

I like what I’ve seen from Hamer. He’s really good in the tackle. I’ve not seen a lot of evidence of it yet, but he was very high in the ‘chances created’ across all the European leagues. 48 in total - the same amount as Kai Havertz and Sandro Tonali, for example.

Walsh was good in the tackle and creates chances too. But, the biggest difference between the two players so far is that Walsh is a very technical dribbler and drives forward from that CM role. Haven’t seen that from Hamer yet.

Believe in Magwitch

skybluebeast

Whether it was an actual penalty and red card or not (was neither imo) the worst thing about it was that donkey Kettle was 20 yards behind play. Shouldnt be reffing football above national league level.

AFCCOVENTRY

This is our first competitive games in 6 months. It’s going to take a while for the team to gel and click. We are missing Dabo as our main outlet from the back and kelly/Walsh means the spine has gone in the team. Hopefully Kelly/Sheaf/Hamer will work at some point.

stupot07

Completely agree, Walsh had a great ability to break the lines carrying the ball.

I like the look of Hamer too, just don't think he fills the walsh shaped hole.

Evo1883

This is our first competitive games in 6 months. It’s going to take a while for the team to gel and click. We are missing Dabo as our main outlet from the back and kelly/Walsh means the spine has gone in the team. Hopefully Kelly/Sheaf/Hamer will work at some point.

Yea I get that, it's going to be fine... Just this particular game we've been poor, I know all teams play shit here and there no problem with that at all... We will be better second half I think, usually are after a shocking opening period and a Robins bollocking

Users who are viewing this thread