Welcome to Sky Blues Talk!

You're currently viewing the forum as a guest. Join thousands of fellow Coventry City fans today!

Mini Budget

Nick

Administrator
Joined
Feb 25, 2008
Messages
159,388
Reaction score
77,027
So the cap on bankers budgets removed and the increase on corporation tax cancelled.

Interest rates gone up too.

How does this help the economy?
 
It’s a ramblings of a nutter, written in shit and smeared on the wall.
 
It’s a ramblings of a nutter, written in shit and smeared on the wall.
Well given this shitfest and his behaviour at the Queen's funeral, rambling madman would be the most likely explanation.
 
So the cap on bankers budgets removed and the increase on corporation tax cancelled.

Interest rates gone up too.

How does this help the economy?
They can buy a few more second hand super yachts floating around.
 
I guess prem footballers will be out splurging on their property portfolios .
 
Well given this shitfest and his behaviour at the Queen's funeral, rambling madman would be the most likely explanation.

To be honest, I firmly believe he was wrecked at The Queen’s funeral.

Like George Osborn that time in Parliament, looking spaced out and disheveled.
 
About £100 a month more in my pocket with income tax and NI reversal, which will offset the energy increase so all good. Ignore the moaners, thanks Kwasi 👍😎
 
giphy.gif
 
About £100 a month more in my pocket with income tax and NI reversal, which will offset the energy increase so all good. Ignore the moaners, thanks Kwasi 👍😎
Yep and Jack Grealish gets an extra £50k a month in his pocket, So it benefits everyone fairly really, So can't really grumble.
 
Labour spokesperson still refusing to condemn or oppose it on newsnight tonight.....they want to "wait and see what happens in parliament"

Pathetic.

If there’s going to be a rebellion it’s the best option TBH
 
About £100 a month more in my pocket with income tax and NI reversal, which will offset the energy increase so all good. Ignore the moaners, thanks Kwasi 👍😎

The mask slips.

This is the real Tory attitude, I'm all right, so fuck everyone else.

Everything they pretend to stand for, decency, law and order, patriotism, fiscal responsibility, Tories don't really give a shit about any of that, it's pure hypocrisy.
Money for themselves and their mates is all that matters. They're too stupid to see that when the country goes to rat shit, they'll still be living here too.

Anyway, that hundred quid is going to look like pretty poor value when you or someone you care about gets sick, old, or made redundant.

So I'd put it to one side if I was you because you're not actually rich enough for the party you support to care about either. You've been mugged too mate, you just don't realise it yet. £100 a month won't touch the sides in a year's time, you've sold your soul far too cheaply.
 
The mask slips.

This is the real Tory attitude, I'm all right, so fuck everyone else.

Everything they pretend to stand for, decency, law and order, patriotism, fiscal responsibility, Tories don't really give a shit about any of that, it's pure hypocrisy.
Money for themselves and their mates is all that matters. They're too stupid to see that when the country goes to rat shit, they'll still be living here too.

Anyway, that hundred quid is going to look like pretty poor value when you or someone you care about gets sick, old, or made redundant.

So I'd put it to one side if I was you because you're not actually rich enough for the party you support to care about either. You've been mugged too mate, you just don't realise it yet. £100 a month won't touch the sides in a year's time, you've sold your soul far too cheaply.
I believe it's a wind up. 😉
 
About £100 a month more in my pocket with income tax and NI reversal, which will offset the energy increase so all good. Ignore the moaners, thanks Kwasi 👍😎

You’re in the top 5% of earners? Really?

 
I'm pretty sure he's a Tory mate.

It may have been said in jest, but in reality it's what they are.
I am a Tory but ffs if a small obvious joke like that gets such a rant I'm worried for you. Go and have a beer ffs
 
I am a Tory but ffs if a small obvious joke like that gets such a rant I'm worried for you. Go and have a beer ffs

He probably can’t afford one
 
He probably can’t afford one
He can but he's such a good eggcand definitely not hypocritical that he's taken it outside and given it to the homeless guy. What a legend.
 
You’re in the top 5% of earners? Really?


In fairness it was a complete joke I hadn't worked it out, but we are almost bag on middle income I'd guess and I can't see how it impacts to that loss. Some of the charts are predictions so I can only deal with the facts and on the numbers I can't see how we're worse off.

I won't say what we're on but surely for most 2 income households, who now have a 25k tax and NI free allowance, then everything above that gets 1p income tax and 1.25 NI reversal. That means we do benefit just over £100 albeit between us. The other measures don't really impact us (currently of course)
 
Teaching union preliminary strike ballot opened yesterday. Surprisingly good turnout so far
 
In fairness it was a complete joke I hadn't worked it out, but we are almost bag on middle income I'd guess and I can't see how it impacts to that loss. Some of the charts are predictions so I can only deal with the facts and on the numbers I can't see how we're worse off.

I won't say what we're on but surely for most 2 income households, who now have a 25k tax and NI free allowance, then everything above that gets 1p income tax and 1.25 NI reversal. That means we do benefit just over £100 albeit between us. The other measures don't really impact us (currently of course)

On the latest mini budget, yes.

But that bottom graph shows overall effect of all policies announced over the parliament. Sunak's threshold freeze is what's causing the loss.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom