Match Thread Millwall (1 Viewer)

SIR ERNIE

I mentioned in an earlier post that Spurs are ending Parrots loan at Millwall but want to loan him out to another Championship side, thought he did OK when he came on, worth a punt?

He did ok but I'd love to see a more experienced hard nut bully of a striker, someone who knows how to genuinely lead the line and act as a target for the younger talent in the midfield.

Honestly don't know who that would be in todays market but someone in the mould of a Charlie Austin.

Danceswithhorses

Genuinely think they were the worst team we’ve played this season and 1-2 flattered them. The number of times we dispossessed them in midfield was ridiculous, thought Rowet was going to have an aneurysm at one point. As you’d expect, they made more of a go of it in the second half, but anything other than a Sky Blue win would have been a travesty. If they play like that for the rest of the season they will be down there at the end for sure. Love it, hate the bastards.
I really rate Rowett as a manager.
It's no wonder he's having an aneurysm, with his team putting in such an abject display.

Brighton Sky Blue

He did ok but I'd love to see a more experienced hard nut bully of a striker, someone who knows how to genuinely lead the line and act as a target for the younger talent in the midfield.

Honestly don't know who that would be in todays market but someone in the mould of a Charlie Austin.

Get Peter Crouch out of retirement

clint van damme

problem is we have to bring someone in on a budget so it would very much be a very poor mans Charlie Austin though I know the sort of player you're alluding to.

Frostie

I mentioned in an earlier post that Spurs are ending Parrots loan at Millwall but want to loan him out to another Championship side, thought he did OK when he came on, worth a punt?

Only started 5 times for them even when their main striker Zohore has been out injured.
Rowett has been pretty critical of him too - don't think he's the answer personally.

lifeskyblue

Millwall were dreadful for most of that match. Only when they brought the big centre forward zohore on did they look like competing with us and threaten us. It looks as if they will struggle and be one of those that we need to finish above to avoid relegation.
A worry is that we didn’t finish them off comfortably and that we sat too deep towards end but for most of the game we played lovely slick football and players all over pitch we’re winning their personal battles. We need to score from more chances but at half way through the season it’s positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clint van damme

see Bayliss started today and Preston lost at home for the first game in 4, he got hooked after 77 minutes

Sky Blue Harry H

Millwall fans said that it was his best performance all season for them. Was surprised that they didn't bring that Matt Smith on at half time, just so that they could lump it to him.

Brighton Sky Blue

I'm not a techno/Google person, but I thought that, good as he was, Hamer was a class apart - is he some sort of Spurs reserve ? - meaning we can sell Gus for 25 million once we're safe? Apologies - the drink is kicking in! 😀🍻

Hamer was better today but still probably ought to have scored one or two more

BornSlippySkyBlue

I really rate Rowett as a manager.
It's no wonder he's having an aneurysm, with his team putting in such an abject display.
Yeah, he was let down by his players today. First half they were abject, but some of that was down to us closing them down so well. A few weeks ago a team without Kelly and with Shipley might have struggled a bit, but thought Shipley had a good game today, and Sheaf / Hamer / O’Hare.

ccfc92

Holler with the rinsin' sound

giphy.gif

speedie87

Watched without the commentary on ifollow today, they need to make that an option moving forward much better with no Clive.

covcity4life

FWhat a win!! Most aesthetically pleasing performance since Mowbray era. We played them off park

No exaggeration to say we had 8 or 9 goalscoring chances. Csnt believe it was yet another rnailbiter. We have to stop giving away pens!!

But finnaly we streetwise least 10 mins wasted so much time and some good blocks.

Dabo hamer sheaf joint motm. O hare not far behind but he missed yet another 1 on 1 lol. But o hare is class so people sayong waste of money are idiots. Same idiots who say can we cancel shears transfer! If we get him for 750k-1 million it is a SNIP! Absolute class player

Biamou came up trumps in those last 10 mins

We can be midtable for sure.

PUSB!!!

P.s watching Dabo and hamer reminds me of hadhi and chippo. Just such quality o can already feel how much I will miss them when they leave/go afcon lol

clint van damme

FWhat a win!! Most aesthetically pleasing performance since Mowbray era. We played them off park

No exaggeration to say we had 8 or 9 goalscoring chances. Csnt believe it was yet another rnailbiter. We have to stop giving away pens!!

But finnaly we streetwise least 10 mins wasted so much time and some good blocks.

Dabo hamer sheaf joint motm. O hare not far behind but he missed yet another 1 on 1 lol. But o hare is class so people sayong waste of money are idiots. Same idiots who say can we cancel shears transfer! If we get him for 750k-1 million it is a SNIP! Absolute class player

Biamou came up trumps in those last 10 mins

First away win. We can be midtable for sure.

PUSB!!!

P.s watching Dabo and hamer reminds me of hadhi and chippo. Just such quality o can already feel how much I will miss them when they leave/go afcon lol

we beat Bayern Wycombe away

Danceswithhorses

Very poor at Stoke though, carry on as he is at Millwall and he won't have many calling for his services at this level
Fair point BSB, i'd forgot about his poor Stoke stint.
O'Neill is now proving what a good manager can do, albeit with a very decent squad, after all Stoke's previous failed managerial appointments.

Users who are viewing this thread