Match Thread Millwall (2 Viewers)

NorthernWisdom

rule of thumb, show some faith in the team and if you get it wrong the worse you can be accused of is being overly optimistic and getting behind the lads.
Post some of the piss you and others do and even if you're right you sound like a c**t.
tbh each game in isolation, looks winnable. Overall, I expect us to struggle however. That mindset has meant I haven't often been disappointed over the years!

Brighton Sky Blue

Proven wrong again. Wish I had the faith of lot of people on here. Been let down by this club so many times, having confidence in the team is hard. Have a good weekend.

Not an easy time for anyone buddy and seen some of your other posts. Enjoy the 3 points tonight

Reactions: AOM

Londonccfcfan

With a little bit of luck we go into Feb with Godden, Walker, Kelly, Rose and Marosi available.

Not concerned about Marosi or Rose.

Kelly and Walker are key for me. At the moment how do we get Kelly in the team. No W that Shipley and Allen are showing signs of improvement. Drop O’Hare..?

Brighton Sky Blue

rule of thumb, show some faith in the team and if you get it wrong the worse you can be accused of is being overly optimistic and getting behind the lads.
Post some of the piss you and others do and even if you're right you sound like a c**t.

Get the sentiment Clint but don't need to be aggressive over it, some are just down rather than wanting failure

Tartan Specials

And still 7 points clear of the relagation zone and moving up the league, there is literally no pleasing some people
This is the big Sky Blue Elephant in the corner. We're better than Rotherham and Wycombe. My worry, as a perennial pessimist, was finding another - I think today we did (genuinely think Forest, Wednesday and Derby will come good). So many good performances today and in a way the opposite of Preston, the ball/final pass just broke to us the way it didn't during the week.

clint van damme

It was one of his worst performances of the season.

to be honest I think London is right. I put up a post criticising him on about 70 minutes and after that he played well.
Unfortunately what he was doing, stopping the opposition playing from the back, buying fouls etc isn't what you need your main striker to do when you need a goal as opposed to just closing the game down and Max didn't really offer a threat apart from the one chance which was blocked.

Brighton Sky Blue

This is the big Sky Blue Elephant in the corner. We're better than Rotherham and Wycombe. My worry, as a perennial pessimist, was finding another - I think today we did (genuinely think Forest, Wednesday and Derby will come good). So many good performances today and in a way the opposite of Preston, the ball/final pass just broke to us the way it didn't during the week.

QPR and especially Birmingham don't look like coming good any time soon

Paul Anthony

Good win, good overall performance for the most, great way to start the year.

My only gripe is that we've given them a penalty and a chance to get back in to it too cheaply. We've still got some lessons to learn in that respect, but at the end of the day we won and that's all that any of us really care about.

shmmeee

Not concerned about Marosi or Rose.

Kelly and Walker are key for me. At the moment how do we get Kelly in the team. No W that Shipley and Allen are showing signs of improvement. Drop O’Hare..?

If Rose or Østigård can adapt to LCB I think it’ll make us a lot more solid bringing the ball out of defence. Marosi I’m less bothered about as Wilson has done OK.

I’d bring someone on who can play target man and play either O’Hare off them with three CMs behind him or Walker/Godden up front with either O’Hare and 2 DMs or 3 CMs behind. Depending on the game and what’s needed. Ideally I’d get another AM in to offer something different and challenge O’Hare.

clint van damme

Half the league is also looking for the sort of striker we need.

I mentioned in an earlier post that Spurs are ending Parrots loan at Millwall but want to loan him out to another Championship side, thought he did OK when he came on, worth a punt?

BornSlippySkyBlue

Wow...just watched the highlights, and Milwall were dogshit, and we definitely should have won by more.
That said, at least we won, and we are still above some 'big' teams with much superior budgets and squads, so congrats to MR and the team.
Genuinely think they were the worst team we’ve played this season and 1-2 flattered them. The number of times we dispossessed them in midfield was ridiculous, thought Rowet was going to have an aneurysm at one point. As you’d expect, they made more of a go of it in the second half, but anything other than a Sky Blue win would have been a travesty. If they play like that for the rest of the season they will be down there at the end for sure. Love it, hate the bastards.

Brighton Sky Blue

Genuinely think they were the worst team we’ve played this season and 1-2 flattered them. The number of times we dispossessed them in midfield was ridiculous, thought Rowet was going to have an aneurysm at one point. As you’d expect, they made more of a go of it in the second half, but anything other than a Sky Blue win would have been a travesty. If they play like that for the rest of the season they will be down there at the end for sure. Love it, hate the bastards.

You could hear the exasperation from the commentators, they were chasing shadows for the most part. Really should have given them a hiding but we saw the game out calmly at least.

Sick Boy

to be honest I think London is right. I put up a post criticising him on about 70 minutes and after that he played well.
Unfortunately what he was doing, stopping the opposition playing from the back, buying fouls etc isn't what you need your main striker to do when you need a goal as opposed to just closing the game down and Max didn't really offer a threat apart from the one chance which was blocked.
The standards for him are set lower than other players like Sheaf who get dogs abuse all season. As a striker he was poor today, end of. During the first half he looked like he’d won a competition.

clint van damme

The standards for him are set lower than other players like Sheaf who get dogs abuse all season. As a striker he was poor today, end of. During the first half he looked like he’d won a competition.

to be honest I think it depends who's posting!
I thought Sheaf was outstanding today, probably my MOTM but close with Hamer and Callum.

Users who are viewing this thread