Millwall (H) Saturday 8th May, 12:30pm (2 Viewers)

Alkhen

Little bit early for a match thread but I just realised the KIck-off is scheduled for 12:30, does anyone know why?

I know all final fixtures need to kick off at the same time but why so early? thought maybe it was for TV coverage but there is a fairly big Prem match on at the same time. League 1 have it worse starting at noon on Sunday. Then for some reason League 2 are starting at 3pm Saturday. Really odd scheduling

kg82

Hasn’t last day of the season been like that for a while, with each leagues kick off times staggered? Or have I made that up?!

SlowerThanPlatt

Yeah I remember watching Barnsley beat Brentford to stay up last season, all Championship games were evening kick offs.

L2 are Saturday 3pm and L1 Sunday 12pm

Alkhen

Yeah I remember watching Barnsley beat Brentford to stay up last season, all Championship games were evening kick offs.

L2 are Saturday 3pm and L1 Sunday 12pm

Ah Fair enough just seems mad to give the bigger league a lunch time kick off :/ id have thought TV audiences would be bigger later :unsure:

"Sorry kids cant go to the Zoo today, daddy is staying in to watch a meaningless tie between Cov & Millwall" :cautious:

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Ah Fair enough just seems mad to give the bigger league a lunch time kick off :/ id have thought TV audiences would be bigger later :unsure:

"Sorry kids cant go to the Zoo today, daddy is staying in to watch a meaningless tie between Cov & Millwall" :cautious:

Not a problem. Just as the kids if they want to watch an elephant and the lions

shmmeee

Bilson
Rose McFadz Pask
Burroughs Hamer Eccles Reid
Bapaga
Tavares Nee

giphy.gif

SlowerThanPlatt

I've never seen Billson (can we give him his extra l back please?). Does he have potential to ever be a first teamer, or is he just cheap squad filler?

From the reports I’ve read of the 23s this season he’s been their best player. Played against Gillingham in the cup then got a new contract until 2023 a few months later so must have impressed someone. Think he will get loaned out next season

NorthernWisdom

From the reports I’ve read of the 23s this season he’s been their best player. Played against Gillingham in the cup then got a new contract until 2023 a few months later so must have impressed someone. Think he will get loaned out next season
Well that's encouraging... maybe he's the rough diamond then, if we went for an old guy for a season or two while he grows up.

SBchimp

personally I think Billson is the best shot stopper at the club and has a real presence in goal. Only question mark is around his kicking and distribution - which is not ideal when we play out from the back..

Frostie

Yes, potential is there but definitely too soon for the first team. He signed a new deal at Christmas but was kept with the U23s rather than loaned out this season to try & work on his distribution & our style of play as this is definitely his weakness.
As STP says I'd expect him to have a loan somewhere for a year before hopefully coming back & challenging.

Magwitch1

Yes, potential is there but definitely too soon for the first team. He signed a new deal at Christmas but was kept with the U23s rather than loaned out this season to try & work on his distribution & our style of play as this is definitely his weakness.
As STP says I'd expect him to have a loan somewhere for a year before hopefully coming back & challenging.
Too young ?? Peter Shelton was 19 when he replaced the current England goalkeeper Gordon Banks at Leicester.

Les Sealey same age when he came into our team for the last six games of a relegation battle.
I’d play him against Millwall.

SlowerThanPlatt

Too young ?? Peter Shelton was 19 when he replaced the current England goalkeeper Gordon Banks at Leicester.

Les Sealey same age when he came into our team for the last six games of a relegation battle.

Oh dear Rupert. Shilton the record appearance holder for his country? Glad you’re not setting the bar too high

Frostie

Bonkers but where did I actually say too young anyway?

cov donkey kick

personally I think Billson is the best shot stopper at the club and has a real presence in goal. Only question mark is around his kicking and distribution - which is not ideal when we play out from the back..
Well robins could tell him to play it long also Burroughs could be in front of him and a shortage of CBs it maybe mcFadz and hyam the only ones fit so it might suit the personnel.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

We've not done it quite so much since Wilson came in, who will put his foot through it more and getting us higher up the pitch.

Maybe give him this game to get the nerves of the debut over with and a big incentive to work on it over the summer. Then next season look at a loan.

cov donkey kick

We've not done it quite so much since Wilson came in, who will put his foot through it more and getting us higher up the pitch.

Maybe give him this game to get the nerves of the debut over with and a big incentive to work on it over the summer. Then next season look at a loan.
Robins sort of gave up playing it out from the back with all the cock ups that cost goals over the season and that decision coincided with an upturn in form so prove the correct decision,and also stopped the argument that robins was stubborn about changing tactics.

Users who are viewing this thread