Transfer Rumour Miguel Azeez (1 Viewer)

SBT

It reads more like ready to slot straight into the team rather than talent though. You would hope that's improved with the extended breaks.

So players who aren’t ready to slot straight into the team are just as talented as the players that are? Sounds like a stretch to me.

Samo

Well it does. More cash = bigger pool of players better suited.

There are hundreds of reasons why a club might miss out on a player. Yes money is a big one but its not the only one, particularly when it comes to loans.

NorthernWisdom

There are hundreds of reasons why a club might miss out on a player. Yes money is a big one but its not the only one, particularly when it comes to loans.
It's not just one player you're competing for however, is it.

Now tbf, whatever level we're at, cash stops us loaning in Ronaldo instead of buying Palmer, so it's always a limiting factor, but it's quite a downbeat assessment from our manager really. And for younger players it does read slightly strangely, like he comes in every day and growls at Doyle for not being Clarke-Salter! And it was cash that stopped us signing Clarke-Salter at the end of the day.

Brighton Sky Blue

Samo

It's not just one player you're competing for however, is it.

Now tbf, whatever level we're at, cash stops us loaning in Ronaldo instead of buying Palmer, so it's always a limiting factor, but it's quite a downbeat assessment from our manager really. And for younger players it does read slightly strangely, like he comes in every day and growls at Doyle for not being Clarke-Salter!

I take your point but its a simplistic one. Would Ronaldo come if we could afford him? Its not just about money.

Samo

Again, it's the pool of players available. If Ronaldo turns us down, it's not like if you're fishing in that market that your fallback option is Ryan Hardie.

Again, I take your point but I don't think it applies well to the loan market.

Last edited:

Old Warwickshire lad

Half our marquee signings can’t even get in the squad and another still isn’t fit to play months after signing. I’m happy to call it as it is. Maybe it’ll all turn around but right now it’s looking pretty shocking. Why are we signing players who can’t even get in our squad?
We have had 2 games. At least wait till we have 10 games under our belt, before making assumptions.
Don’t write them all off before they have had a chance.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

It reads more like ready to slot straight into the team rather than talent though. You would hope that's improved with the extended breaks.
I guess it depends on it you take it from a 'better or worse' perspective.

You *could* argue that these lads may have more talent and will end up having better careers, but that's not relevant to us. If they are they won't be playing for us then.

So what matters is now. And if MR thought JCS and Maatsen were ready to be thrown straight into the first team but Doyle and Adaramola aren't, then at this moment in time they're worse. Hopefully they'll get up to speed quickly and that will change, but right now there's no guarantees

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Known facts.

Robins thinks the loanees this season aren't as developed as last season.

He would rather have his own players than loanees but, failing that, he would rather have developed loanees as the club don't necessarily need to have to go through the building blocks in said loanees' career.

So, if it's not money that means we've gone for less suitable loanees in the manager's judgement than last season, what is it? The manager fancied giving himself a challenge?
I'm not a fan of loans, but if you're bringing them in it it has to be with the expectation that they'll be capable of playing for the first team very quickly.

bawtryneal

MR himself just seems generally more pissed off than usual and so he's been shooting from the hip more in his interviews.

He is really pissed off about the CBS pitch postponents I would expect. It has destroyed the pre season fitness planning and means all the other teams are 3 games fitter and greater match sharpness than us.
Not a happy bunny.

SkyB

Some people on here spend way too much time overthinking after one loss.

We all wanted a permanent LWB and we got one in Bidwell who has 2 assists in 3 games as well as an adequate backup in Tayo.

We now have a 5th centre back in Doyle which we were all crying out for last season. Hopefully means we don't have to play Sheaf or Dabo at CB again.

We wanted backup to O'hare and we got Palmer on a permanent.

I get that all the signings are still unproven but at this same point last year Matsen & JCS were both unproven in our side.

rhino1002

Some people on here spend way too much time overthinking after one loss.

We all wanted a permanent LWB and we got one in Bidwell who has 2 assists in 3 games as well as an adequate backup in Tayo.

We now have a 5th centre back in Doyle which we were all crying out for last season. Hopefully means we don't have to play Sheaf or Dabo at CB again.

We wanted backup to O'hare and we got Palmer on a permanent.

I get that all the signings are still unproven but at this same point last year Matsen & JCS were both unproven in our side.
At the end of the previous season and the start of last season everybody was questioning the signing of Gyokeres
Look how that turned out

it was the same with Sheaf before that

Lets wait and see what happens i think Robins and Viveash have a reasonable understanding of what they are doing

zuni

We need real investment asap, MR won't stay forever and the pot of luck for finding diamonds will dry up at dome point...pissed of with name's then nothingness..scumderland buying players left, right and centre...this seasons been wank so far

There, I feel better...this lad if he comes in ..could be just what we need, we clearly need more energy in am

Brighton Sky Blue

At the end of the previous season and the start of last season everybody was questioning the signing of Gyokeres
Look how that turned out

Lets wait and see what happens i think Robins and Viveash have a reasonable understanding of what they are doing

This isn't questioning of them it's the people above.

Nick

Administrator
Known facts.

Robins thinks the loanees this season aren't as developed as last season.

He would rather have his own players than loanees but, failing that, he would rather have developed loanees as the club don't necessarily need to have to go through the building blocks in said loanees' career.

So, if it's not money that means we've gone for less suitable loanees in the manager's judgement than last season, what is it? The manager fancied giving himself a challenge?

Also depends which players were available.
It could be that scouting of the players meant they looked great but not quite ready just yet

Not every player we have signed as always been amazing either.

Matt smith

We need real investment asap, MR won't stay forever and the pot of luck for finding diamonds will dry up at dome point...pissed of with name's then nothingness..scumderland buying players left, right and centre...this seasons been wank so far

There, I feel better...this lad if he comes in ..could be just what we need, we clearly need more energy in am
Would be exactly what we need

robbiekeane

rOBbInGs SaId tHe LoAnS aReNt aS gUd CuZ wE’rE sKiNt

“But here’s the quote and he just says they’re not as game savvy…he doesn’t say that?”

ReAdS tHaT wAy tO mE

shmmeee

We have had 2 games. At least wait till we have 10 games under our belt, before making assumptions.
Don’t write them all off before they have had a chance.

Just depressing mate.
Look how that turned out

It was never the sensible posters questioning Vik and Sheaf

Old Warwickshire lad

Just depressing mate.

It was never the sensible posters questioning Vik and Sheaf
Oh yes it was. OHare came in for stick early on as well,and so did Matteson.
Lets face it,as a fan base we have no patience, not a slur on us. I personally don’t think any fans can be patient these days. Maybe I am mellowing in my old age.
One of the few benefits of getting old.

stupot07

Lets face it,as a fan base we have no patience, not a slur on us. I personally don’t think any fans can be patient these days. Maybe I am mellowing in my old age.

Re: O'Hare when he came on loan people just thought he was better as an impact sub off the bench, we were flying at the time and Allen and Shipley were very affective in the box behind Godden, and Robins often used him as an impact player. We were all delighted when we signed him permanently.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Samo

There is never a short supply of stupid people, football fans included.

shmmeee

Ive no issue with giving players time, but signings that don’t make the squad worry me after Hilßner and Bright. Even Kasta and Dacosta got a few games early on.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Cause he’s got no money, he’s moving to stoke, we’re selling Hamer for a pittance, we over valued Hamer so can’t sell him, O Hares going to Burnley, and Boddy forgot to water the grass

Can you give a sensible answer then? Cause from where I'm standing it can only be down to either having less money, or a poorer recruitment model.

Users who are viewing this thread