Transfer Rumour Miguel Azeez (2 Viewers)

Sick Boy

Robins himself said due to the clubs finances this years loans have been of a lesser quality than last season
Come on, that doesn’t fit the narrative that some try to push on here.

Nick

Administrator
Robins himself said due to the clubs finances this years loans have been of a lesser quality than last season

Did he say due to funds?

We have one more this season already (will see if there's any more) and although Maatsen was more experienced at LWB I'm not sure there's much to say JCS (who's injured again) was better than Panzo.

Doyle is going to be backup to Panzo you would think, he still has 30 odd appearances in League 1 which is about the same as Maatsen had.

Still, just need to give them a few games.

shmmeee

tbf, the major fucking disaster is not having had enough games yet to be able to call the signings a fucking disaster.

Half our marquee signings can’t even get in the squad and another still isn’t fit to play months after signing. I’m happy to call it as it is. Maybe it’ll all turn around but right now it’s looking pretty shocking. Why are we signing players who can’t even get in our squad?

Nick

Administrator
Half our marquee signings can’t even get in the squad and another still isn’t fit to play months after signing. I’m happy to call it as it is. Maybe it’ll all turn around but right now it’s looking pretty shocking. Why are we signing players who can’t even get in our squad?

After how many games?

larry_david

Also with Bidwell performing well and getting 2 assists in 3, there's no pressure to throw the Place lad in is there?

Doyle was signed to be backup and rotate with the other defenders, that much is clear and means Dabo will never have to play CB again. I don't really see the issue here. If we'd beaten Millwall as we should have, we'd be on 4 points and unbeaten in our first 2 and i'd be fairly content ON the pitch.

fatso

Also with Bidwell performing well and getting 2 assists in 3, there's no pressure to throw the Place lad in is there?

Doyle was signed to be backup and rotate with the other defenders, that much is clear and means Dabo will never have to play CB again. I don't really see the issue here. If we'd beaten Millwall as we should have, we'd be on 4 points and unbeaten in our first 2 and i'd be fairly content ON the pitch.
Could you just imagine the total fucking bedwetting meltdown on here if (or when) Bidwell has a bad game?

robbiekeane

Mate what are you actually talking about we’ve played two league games??

Couple weeks without a game on here swear people lose the plot

Grendel

We didn’t have another Lwb option like we do now with bidwell. Panzo has started both games, Doyle is his back up👍

is he? What’s rose then?

shmmeee

Why on Earth would we loan someone in as backup? Why would the parent club be OK with it?

Balli001

He did. He mentioned how lucky we were to have last years loanees insinuating this years weren't so good

NorthernWisdom

Hmm, I actually looked for this expecting it to be more positive than BSB and Grendel, not less!

Mark Robins said:
Where we were this time last year we had some really talented players, and I am not saying we haven’t now, but they were really game ready in Maatsen and Clarke-Salter who were a lot more developed and savvy with game understanding, so we are a little bit behind on that front, but as I have said before, we are ahead of the curve in terms of the numbers and some of the players who came in the other night were good, at the level you’d expect at this stage, and there were some who were below it.

But it’s really early, and it’s early in some of their careers. Tayo has come in from Crystal Palace and it’s his first loan and taste of it. You could see some really good signs but also there were some signs where you could see he’s just finding his feet and trying to understand what it is and what the game looks like at this level.

We try to develop those young lads and it’s a tough school, a really difficult learning curve, and a quick learning curve to have but it’s building blocks in their development that we don’t necessarily need. They are learning.

They are very young but that’s where we are and you can’t expect them to be performing at the same levels as the lads we had last season. It doesn’t happen. We were fortunate to get those lads last season but we have not got them this year. We have got some different players there.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
Yeah that doesn't read as if "we have no money so have shitter players".

More like they were ready to throw straight in for starts.

SBT

Yeah that doesn't read as if "we have no money so have shitter players".

More like they were ready to throw straight in for starts.

It reads a lot like that to me.

If your new boss openly says “I’m not saying you’re not talented, but…”, and then starts eulogising the guy you replaced, it’s time for alarm bells.

It strikes me as very weird behaviour/man management from Robins tbh.

SBchimp

So if Robins had the opportunity to send them back and try two alternates would he?
Would he keep either?

Nick

Administrator

If your new boss openly says “I’m not saying you’re not talented, but…”, and then starts eulogising the guy you replaced, it’s time for alarm bells.

It reads more like ready to slot straight into the team rather than talent though. You would hope that's improved with the extended breaks.

Matt smith

So if Robins had the opportunity to send them back and try two alternates would he?
Would he keep either?
I think he’d keep the lad from palace

was clear he was after a few of the other man city boys -harwood bellis and Egan Riley- who I think would have provided cover for RCB, signaling he was after one for RCB and one for LCB

So I think Doyle would have been a way down on his list

NorthernWisdom

Known facts.

Robins thinks the loanees this season aren't as developed as last season.

He would rather have his own players than loanees but, failing that, he would rather have developed loanees as the club don't necessarily need to have to go through the building blocks in said loanees' career.

So, if it's not money that means we've gone for less suitable loanees in the manager's judgement than last season, what is it? The manager fancied giving himself a challenge?

Samo

Known facts.

He would rather have his own players than loanees but, failing that, he would rather have developed loanees as the club don't necessarily need to have to go through the building blocks in said loanees' career.

So, if it's not money that means we've gone for less suitable loanees in the manager's judgement than last season, what is it? The manager fancied giving himself a challenge?

Availability

Sick Boy

Known facts.

From that he sounds pretty pissed off in general at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread