Migrants crossing from Europe (3 Viewers)

Ian1779

Famous for terror attacks the ex-pats tbf.

I actually thought I saw a woman and child on the photos of this week’s arrivals to the UK.
Totally irrelevant but OK… that terminology as an example is deliberately misconstrued all the time.

If people travelling over on a dinghy claim asylum when they land then asylum seekers is the correct definition. What follows is down to the competence of the people in charge.

SkyBlueCharlie9

We've all done that . We've all experienced the same . I went from a white area in Cov when I was 18 to living in London for the next decade.
So what ?
It's all very well calling bigotry and hatred out, but it depends how much hatred you use in the process. You can become the very epitomy of intolerance yourself if you want to ram your new found moral high ground down everyone's throat.
A few comments on a forum is 'ramming it down people's throats'. Ha! You and Grendull seek to try and deliberately antagonise people for some bizarre self gratification.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

A few comments on a forum is 'ramming it down people's throats'. Ha! You and Grendull seek to try and deliberately antagonise people for some bizarre self gratification.
No one asked you onto this thread . You chose to.
" I fucking hate people who swear" . That's you, that is !

Sick Boy

The LSE top end estimates 900,000 illegals so it’s literally a drop in the ocean
We’re talking about those coming over on boats and dinghies crossing the channel. You raise a good point though that it is a drop in the ocean compared to those entering legally and overstaying being far greater - it’s a bit different to someone risking their life to get to the UK.

Grendel

it’s a bit different to someone risking their life to get to the UK.

From France

I know macron is a twat but it is it worth the risk?

Grendel

They obviously seem to think so/are desperate enough to do so. If my family were in a country and I wasn’t I’d probably try and do the same.

You wouldn’t go through proper channels to gain official status?

Alan Dugdales Moustache

In their situation, probably not, no.
Despite what some would have you believe, the UK is not a soft touch for those looking to claim asylum.
Clearly France is not fit to live in.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

In their situation, probably not, no.
Despite what some would have you believe, the UK is not a soft touch for those looking to claim asylum.
What situation ? Having to stay in war torn France ?

1nilandwe...

Clearly France is not fit to live in.
Perhaps they fancy their chances of getting a job in the UK more than they do in France, due to our reliance on seasonal workers, gig economy etc (no I don't know how this compares to the French economy)? Perhaps they have family here or contacts? Perhaps they speak more English than they do French? Perhaps the English system is easier to navigate? Perhaps as a population we are generally more accepting of asylum seekers?

Can you really think of no reasons why people might want to cross the channel apart from them rubbing their hands together and thinking the UK is a soft touch?

Reactions: PVA

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Perhaps they fancy their chances of getting a job in the UK more than they do in France, due to our reliance on seasonal workers, gig economy etc (no I don't know how this compares to the French economy)? Perhaps they have family here or contacts? Perhaps they speak more English than they do French? Perhaps the English system is easier to navigate? Perhaps as a population we are generally more accepting of asylum seekers?

Can you really think of no reasons why people might want to cross the channel apart from them rubbing their hands together and thinking the UK is a soft touch?
Perhaps they should go through the official channels.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Again, I don’t know why anyone’s surprised the French authorities aren’t that bothered
If I were them I'd do the same. The French want shot of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they've supplied the life jackets.

Last edited:

chiefdave

Perhaps they should go through the official channels.
What are the official channels? Is there a 'proper' way for those in France to claim asylum in the UK.

We know that 'stay in the first safe country' thing is a myth. What status do they actually have in France, or any other country, if they haven't claimed asylum there?

Reactions: PVA

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Well, if you want to put them off we're going to have to make a concerted effort to convince them this country ain't all that. Plaster photos of run-down Britain all round the French ports. People queuing at food banks and kids going hungry. People begging on street corners. Photos of constant rain and howling wind as people huddle together in thick clothing to keep warm.

Amazes when when people go on about how Britain's the best country in the world and are then amazed and offended when other people try to come here.

LastGarrison

Now I understand why the Kurds would want to come to the UK but I have never understood the argument of ‘If it wasn’t for us causing wars in their countries’ etc.

If it was flipped and the Russians came here and started a war on bullshit grounds, destabilised the country and killed loads of Brits I think the last country I would want to go and live in would be Russia!

It’s just the one part I’ve never got my head around.

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Fair point. Presumably if we got you a pair of black trainers and some jeans, you'd be prepared to wade out into the sea in the middle of November to turn them away?
What, because it's cold or I'd get a bit wet ? Clearly these people consider getting wet isn't much of a sacrifice with the land of milk and honey only 22 miles away.
Perhaps you should consider the gangs making thousands off the back of these people and those that will die in the process.
And why black trainers ?

Last edited:

Alan Dugdales Moustache

"Hello, is that the UK? Yes, I'm looking to move there. I'm from Kurdistan. No I haven't got employment yet. No, nor a place to live. What do you mean, you can't help me? Can you put me through to Ms. Patel?"
Please tell me what's wrong with France.

1nilandwe...

What, because it's cold or I'd get a bit wet ? Clearly these people consider getting wet isn't much of a sacrifice with the land of milk and honey only 22 miles away.
Perhaps you should consider the gangs making thousands off the back of these people and those that will die in the process.
My point is that your argument that they are well kitted out is nonsense.

skybluetony176

What are the official channels? Is there a 'proper' way for those in France to claim asylum in the UK.

We know that 'stay in the first safe country' thing is a myth. What status do they actually have in France, or any other country, if they haven't claimed asylum there?
The government website says if you are an asylum seeker you have to claim asylum on arrival.

So the official channel according to our own government is get here, then claim asylum. Which is exactly what they’re doing.

1nilandwe...

Please tell me what's wrong with France.

Grendel

The government website says if you are an asylum seeker you have to claim asylum on arrival.

So the official channel according to our own government is get here, then claim asylum. Which is exactly what they’re doing.

You must apply for asylum if you want to stay in the UK as a refugee.

To be eligible you must have left your country and be unable to go back because you fear persecution.

-- they are arriving from France

Alan Dugdales Moustache

My point is that your argument that they are well kitted out is nonsense.
Yes they are . Watch the footage. What else would you consider they should be wearing ? Mountaineering thermals ? Sorry, the local shops have sold out.
Not exactly Tom Hanks in Castaway is it ?

Grendel

France isn’t their country dumb ass.

So France should send them back then rather than pass them onto us.

I agree - or are you saying when migrants land somewhere in Europe they should be given a brochure and ask where they would like to go?

skybluetony176

So France should send them back then rather than pass them onto us.

I agree - or are you saying when migrants land somewhere in Europe they should be given a brochure and ask where they would like to go?
You’re really not that stupid so why you’re pretending to be so you can impress racists is beyond me.

On the other hand maybe you are that stupid.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread