Match Thread Middlesbrough (6 Viewers)

cc84cov

Walker has scored 36 goals in his last 2 seasons

Surely we are gonna find a place for this lad ?

Magwitch

Giles is our most potent player at the moment has pace, direct, a superb left foot and there could be goals in him but I’m not sure about him as a defensive left back bit of a poser for Robins.

Mucca Mad Boys

Giles is our most potent player at the moment has pace, direct, a superb left foot and there could be goals in him but I’m not sure about him as a defensive left back bit of a poser for Robins.

Mentioned this before, but it might be a shout playing him him further forward when Dabo returns. McCallum has been playing well, but is not a natural RWB and Giles has the pace to cause the opposition defence issues.

Personally, I could see us adapting the current system to accommodate two strikers or two wide players every now and then.

Saddlebrains

I think we should try something else
Dabo - Osti - Hyam - Pask - Giles
Hamer - Kelly
Ohare
Biamou - Godden

My reasons for Pask is the pace and he has not had the needed chance of playing in his prefered position.
Giles over McCallum because he has not deserved to be Dropped yet.
Hamer and Kelly because they will be a wicked partnership.
Godden and Biamou because Max can win the balls in the air and flick on to Godden.
Possibly Walker and Godden when Wlker is back.
I feel Ohare would look better as a Solo AM because he will be able to roam both sides and they cannot really double up on him as Max and Godden need to be watched and you have Giles and Dabo advancing so thats 5 and you have Hamer advancing as well so we could benefit in many ways in having 2 up top.

It's quite unanimous on this board now that Pask and Biamou are toilet

cc84cov

Shipley
Dabo
Hamer
Walker

All possibly to come back into the squad,making the correct adjustments 1-1 draw if we apply ourselves

cc84cov

Marosi
Dabo Leo McFad Hyam Giles
Kelly Hamer
Walker Godden Shipley
Seeing a lot of Squads no O’Hare seems to get away with getting some stick on here,can’t see Robins dropping him yet also don’t feel Walker or Shipley will be ready to start I could be wrong that side you’ve picked looks strong

Paxman II

Not a good place to go just now but a night game always changes things under the lights. Can't see us doing too well if Hamer is not a starter, and Dabo still out. Could be a long night but there must be a response from the team after Saturday, so expecting a hard faught draw or a surprise 3 points.

Macca

Once Robbins has reassured the players that the suspicious white powder on the pitch is just the opposition penalty area we will be fine. Oh if we can go old school 2 up front that would be lovely too. Particularly given Walker appears to have that ability (forgive me being old fashioned) to score goals

shmmeee

I agree,

If we go with Godden & Walker up front with Hamer,Kelly & sheaf the issue then is where does O’Hare fit.Walker has scored 36 goals in past 2 seasons ok in lower league but with service he knows where the goal is.

Same place he did last season: impact sub from the bench.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Time for some changes

Maroši
Østigård McFadz Hyam
Dabo McCallum
Sheaf Kelly Hamer
Walker Godden

S: Wilson, Pask, Giles, O’Hare, Allen, Baka, Jobello
That is actually quite a good idea and it gives Ohare a rest and the defences will be tired when he comes on so he can run rampant

Skyblueweeman

Hopefully we travel up The day before as we could do without travelling and playing on the same evening

On the day. And there's no harm in that as a club has plenty of time as it's an evening KO with plenty of time for rest and pre-match meal etc.

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

Going to be another very tough test against a Warnock side, double that with playing a Reading side who've conceded just once on Friday, this could be a very daunting 7 days for us. I'm not hitting the panic button yet, but I would say I am concerned that the formation is generally used to provide defensive stability and a platform to build on. We've conceded just one less than a Wycombe side who everyone appears to be the joke of the league. That isn't a foundation to build on. Saturday was a bit of an anomaly given we were down to 10 men for the majority of it, having started fairly well. If we haven't started to look more settled by Friday's game I would be expecting a shake up to formation and methods. Sadly can't see past a defeat tomorrow.
I am struggling slightly with the Attacking Midfield recruitment given this is clearly our plan A. O'Hare is a very decent player but as others suggested, he was used to coming off the bench in League One, he's now near enough the sole player we can rely on in the squad as a CAM. It's a huge step up and he's currently struggling. I like Allen but don't think he's offering us an awful lot at the moment so could do with being switched out to freshen it up, however, I also personally am less than convinced that Shipley should be starting at Championship level in that position. We just feel unnecessarily weak there considering it's our main creative area. On a more positive note, I have been impressed with Giles thus far.

The Philosopher

Marosi
Ostigaard - McFad - Hyam

McAllum (wb) - Hamer (DLP) - Giles (Wb)

Kelly (Cm)

Godden - O’Hare (sub 65 Allen)
Biamou (Rotating triangle)

I’d go with the above. I’d tell Godden and O’Hare to push against their defence and press high and chase every lost cause for 65 mins. Wear themselves out. Then bring Allen / Kasta whoever to burn for last 30.

Hamer to sit back / rotate with Kelly if going forward and negate their high press with mixed angled balls to the wing backs or forward to Biamou if their defence tries to press.

The bench should have sheaf and Shipley to swap for Kelly or Hamer if need be. (Not sure if Walker or Dabo available but I’d swap them in if 100% fit. Dabo at WB with Walker coming on at 65)

Just my thoughts. Any feedback appreciated.

shmmeee

Marosi
Ostigaard - McFad - Hyam

McAllum (wb) - Hamer (DLP) - Giles (Wb)

Kelly (Cm)

Godden - O’Hare (sub 65 Allen)
Biamou (Rotating triangle)

I’d go with the above. I’d tell Godden and O’Hare to push against their defence and press high and chase every lost cause for 65 mins. Wear themselves out. Then bring Allen / Kasta whoever to burn for last 30.

Hamer to sit back / rotate with Kelly if going forward and negate their high press with mixed angled balls to the wing backs or forward to Biamou if their defence tries to press.

The bench should have sheaf and Shipley to swap for Kelly or Hamer if need be. (Not sure if Walker or Dabo available but I’d swap them in if 100% fit. Dabo at WB with Walker coming on at 65)

Just my thoughts. Any feedback appreciated.

Shipleys out I think.

SlowerThanPlatt

The next 4 games look as tough as anything we’ve faced so far.

Boro are unbeaten in 7 and only been beaten by Watford, Reading have conceded 1 goal and are top, Forest have one of the best managers you can get at this level in Hughton, since he’s took over they’ve got 5 points from 9. Then Watford :(

Skyblueweeman

The next 4 games look as tough as anything we’ve faced so far.

Boro are unbeaten in 7, Reading have conceded 1 goal and are top, Forest have one of the best managers you can get at this level in Hughton, since he’s took over they’ve got 5 points from 9. Then Watford :(

Think we'll need the Samaritans number for a few on here in the next week or so.

Briles

Teams press us a lot but ultimately tire before us in the latter stages. If we can keep it level until 60 mins I think we will go on to win.

Users who are viewing this thread