Match Thread Middlesbrough ("H") - Tues 2nd March - 19:00 KO - St. Andrews (2 Viewers)

coop

Stockdale playing for Wycombe why didn't we get him excellent keeper at this level.

AlansEyes

Wilson has to come and deal with that cross (it was a good cross though). I don't think Marosi would have dealt with it either. Stockdale is the only keeper we've (briefly) had in the last t years or so who commanded the box on crosses.

Liquid Gold

Blame the Lino for giving the throw in, but otherwise it’s Wilson for me. That coming then going thing he does on crosses happens too much and he ends up on his heels.
McCallum had. I need to be stretching for the ball either though, nobody was on him. He should have let it go over his head and taken the throw. Don’t give the lino an opportunity to make a decision. Showing inexperience.

Evo1883

With keepers winning free kicks the way they do, there is no excuse to be on your line there and not going for it

Johnnythespider

You Know Warnock is going to go and pressure the ref, so why doesn't one of ours go over at the same time and just do the same.

no_loyalty

Disappointing not to go in 1-0 up, no challenge whatsoever for their equaliser.

Frostie

Exactly this. Once the throws been given there, forget about it. Cross came in and Wilson looked caught between 5 different ideas. Marosi wouldn't have been much better as he never comes for crosses. Position needs attention in the summer.

The only difference would be the defenders know Marosi won't come so are more geared up to deal with it. Wilson came for it then retreated, cardinal sin for a keeper.

Liquid Gold

Exactly this. Once the throws been given there, forget about it. Cross came in and Wilson looked caught between 5 different ideas. Marosi wouldn't have been much better as he never comes for crosses. Position needs attention in the summer.
Marosi doesn’t come for many crosses but he prepares himself to make the save. Wilson doesn’t know what he’s up to so doesn’t do anything and we concede.

ccfc92

Need to get the win tonight. Leapfrog 'uddersfield currently and level with Derby.

Then 9 points clear for 24 hours at least.

Evo1883

You Know Warnock is going to go and pressure the ref, so why doesn't one of ours go over at the same time and just do the same.
To be honest I don't know what he's pressuring him for, we've given them about 7 free kicks in dangerous areas.

cc84cov

Marosi doesn’t come for many crosses but he prepares himself to make the save. Wilson doesn’t know what he’s up to so doesn’t do anything and we concede.
He’s surely got to clear everyone out there same as Saturday poor poor goal to concede

CCFCSteve

Had the better of the first half until our usual one off bit of shat defending. Standard. Hopefully we can still nick this but we don’t half make it hard for ourselves

Chip Batch

Shame we couldn’t go in 1-0. I think I can see where the second half will go. Hopefully I’ll be wrong though (rare as it is 🤣)

shmmeee

The only difference would be the defenders know Marosi won't come so are more geared up to deal with it. Wilson came for it then retreated, cardinal sin for a keeper.

Maroši would know Maroši wouldn’t come for it either and would’ve been set for the shot on goal.

cc84cov

This has a feeling of defeat written over it.. One of them matches
We’ve got to look after the ball better too many forced passes strikers not holding onto it everything bouncing off O’Hare we lack composure in midfield the type of composure you see from Howson & Tavanier

shepardo01

They have been the better side.
Stronger, direct when needed but with some talent when the ball is on the floor up top.
Been times when Hyam, Rose and McCallum have been embarrassed by their forwards.
Typically a "clever" Warnock side, buying some cheap free kicks and looking organised and a threat from set pieces.
We have struggled to get hold of anything in the attacking third. Biamou's touch has been poor today, along with his decision making when he does have the ball.
Can't see much coming from this game.

Warnock has done his homework on how we play games - expect him to bring on some of his big guns off the bench with 25 to go.

Second half not going to be pretty I'd say...

shmmeee

My Middlesbrough mate says he was never concerned. They score a lot late on apparently. We’re going to need at least one more to get anything here.

Evo1883

We clear the ball from danger all the time like it's the 90th minute... We dont give ourselves a chance sometimes

bawtryneal

Really frustrating first half
Not sure if deliberate tactics but we are really just hoofing it up the pitch and by passing Hamer and Kelly.
Middlesbrough are not even pressing to any extent.

Blind-Faith

Looking back , it was a good cross tbf. If that had been hamer we would all be waxing lyrical about it. Maybe Wilson should of done better , McCallum needed to be stronger and atleast try and put him off a bit. Annoyed to be going in 1-1 though being so close to half time

ccfc92

What's more concerning, is I don't look at the bench and think "oh, bring them on to grab a goal".

Londonccfcfan

Love Kelly as much as anyone but he's looking grimly league 2 tonight. First thought it just to knock it on without assessing anything. He is better. He needs to be better
100% big fan of his. He really is poor tonight. Just can't pass forward. Just hopefully punts.

Grendel

So frustrating. They’d offered nothing until they scored.

The shot rose intercepted was goal bound and then after the goal they could have scored again - they were in charge last 20 minutes

Users who are viewing this thread