Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (2 Viewers)

shepardo01

Well.... Didn't expect that result after the first half!
Imagine if the ref hadn't done us over against WBA and PNE (both had letters of apology sent to us from EFL) and we hadn't conceded last minute equalisers against Hull (87- close enough!) Huddersfield and bloody Swansea!....

wingy

Could have escaped with a yellow but really he can't complain, absolutely no need to tackle like that. Lunging, over the top of the ball is dangerous.
I guess it depends on the referee league and punditry that goes with.
Inexplicable foul at the other end for the corner promptly punished by the third.

Winny the Bish

First half reminded me of the Leicester game, a good passing team making mincemeat of our press. Passed through us like it was nothing.

Good thing games aren't 45 minutes long then. Simms, Wright, Saka all excellent in the second half.

Cally Fedora

Well.... Didn't expect that result after the first half!
Imagine if the ref hadn't done us over against WBA and PNE (both had letters of apology sent to us from EFL) and we hadn't conceded last minute equalisers against Hull (87- close enough!) Huddersfield and bloody Swansea!....
These things do level out. I give you our, ahem, goal v Plymouth.

aloisiwouldhavescored

Bambo Diaby got sent off against us, Momo Diaby played tonight
Yes sorry, just looked it up and saw that. Was getting quite irate 🤔 thinking he had perhaps got away with it whereas Kitching got a 3 match ban. Check my facts first next time!

robbiethemole

so have 'Boro played twice as many games as the rest of the League??? the way they're banging on about tiredness and having a small squad sounds like sour grapes. We also had several injuries earlier in the season and two mis-firing forwards, but we kept on going and now have a strong looking squad to push for the top 6.
One bloke was again saying they should be beating 'lesser' teams, aka us. he needs to look at the current record against us first hahahha

Sky Blue Pete

so have 'Boro played twice as many games as the rest of the League??? the way they're banging on about tiredness and having a small squad sounds like sour grapes. We also had several injuries earlier in the season and two mis-firing forwards, but we kept on going and now have a strong looking squad to push for the top 6.
One bloke was again saying they should be beating 'lesser' teams, aka us. he needs to look at the current record against us first hahahha
They have got lots of injuries to be fair

Samo

Where is bully boy greggs and all his negative threads and personal player slating now that things are going better? I suppose he'll be back as soon as we hit a tricky patch.

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Happy new year 🙂

Happy New Year Celebration GIF by Lucas and Friends by RV AppStudios

StrettoBoy

Loved the smirk and banter from Haji to Simms when he poked in that goal, they are then laughing together about it.

I agree, that was nice to see. No hard feelings for each having nicked a goal off the other and looking as if the success of the team is what matters to them rather than individual glory.

Good team spirit is important.

Users who are viewing this thread