Match Thread Middlesbrough - Coventry City Match Thread - Monday 1st Jan (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Discuss the Middlesbrough - Coventry City match, tactics and predictions :)

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Looks like they only made one change between their Boxing day game and last night, so hopefully we'll be fresher.

Still take a draw though.

steve101

Maybe it is an agreement with Brighton but I don't see the point of Ayari being on the bench. He must be a talented player, but does not look ready for Championship football. Instead, I would have Kelly in there. He is someone who can marshal if needed to see a game out, like the Swansea game.

slowpoke

We need something from this match as I thought they would ‘Boro have picked up similar to last year.

Brighton Sky Blue

Maybe it is an agreement with Brighton but I don't see the point of Ayari being on the bench. He must be a talented player, but does not look ready for Championship football. Instead, I would have Kelly in there. He is someone who can marshal if needed to see a game out, like the Swansea game.
MVE was taking the piss out of him during the half time kick about, funny to watch

SkyblueTexan

Really want us to go for it and get 3 points like we did against Sunderland (where I was hoping for at least a point). Very tough match this one and the next. Bidwell back please and Palmer in place of Allen to start along with COH. MVE to start at RWB and Lati to move to midfield in place of Sheaf. Simms to start ahead of Godden. Keep the rest as is.

Covcraig@bury

Hoping for a 2-1 win as a draw is not going to be good enough if we want to push on and get into the playoff spot. It’s very tight in this league and we need to keep as close to the pack as possible, a couple of bad results and the gap becomes harder to close .

edit:- 3-2 win. As Martin Luther king once said ( I “had” a dream ) and it wasn’t wet 💦

Last edited:

Jarvo87

So, does MR stick with 4231 or sacrifice an attacking option to fill an extra midfield berth?? Means for me: do we play Allen or Lati, or neither? For me, I suspect he will (and I hope) we go with:
Collins
MVE/BT/Binks/Bidwell
Sheaf/Eccles or Lati
Saka/COH/Wright
Simms

Rotate Palmer & COH for this one, together with strongest defensive back 4 available. No great Eccles protagonist but would play him in this one ahead of Lati (and Allen/Kelly)

Subs, Wilson/JDS/Fadz/Lati/Allen/Palmer/Tavares

steve101

I wonder whether Sakamota will need resting. I hope not but he, Wright and Thomas are the only outfield players who have been playing back to back full games of late.

I would go with:

Collins
Van Ewijk, Thomas, Binks, Bidwell
Sheaf, Eccles, O'Hare or Palmer
Sakamota, Simms, Wright

Sky Blue Harry H

I wonder whether Sakamota will need resting. I hope not but he, Wright and Thomas are the only outfield players who have been playing back to back full games of late.

I would go with:

Collins
Sakamota, Simms, Wright

Same - only change might be starting O'Hare and Palmer, leaving Simms on the bench (although he should be fresh enough to put in a Leeds type performance), and yes I realise that would mean tweaking the formation.

clint van damme

I would go with:

Collins
Sakamota, Simms, Wright

I'd go with that but definitely start Callum

shmmeee

Really don’t know who I’d play up front. Probably Simms because his 🚨 ceiling 🚨 is higher.

Collins
MvE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Sheaf O’Hare Latibeaudiere
Sakamoto Simms Wright

S: Wilson, Dasilva, Fadz, Kelly, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, Godden, Tavares

Harsh on Palmer who had one of his best performances and I’d maybe bring him on For Saka or Wright for the last half hour.

Head says draw, heart says sneak a jammy 0-1 O’Hare to score.

TomRad85

Really don’t know who I’d play up front. Probably Simms because his ceiling is higher.

Collins
MvE Thomas Binks Bidwell
Sheaf O’Hare Latibeaudiere
Sakamoto Simms Wright

S: Wilson, Dasilva, Fadz, Kelly, Eccles, Allen, Palmer, Godden, Tavares

Harsh on Palmer who had one of his best performances and I’d maybe bring him on For Saka or Wright for the last half hour.

Head says draw, heart says sneak a jammy 0-1 O’Hare to score.
Madness and tbh I'd have been laughing at this comment myself not that long ago but I've absolutely nothing against Tavares getting some minutes off the bench. What's the worst that can happen?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

long way home

MVE, Bidwell, Eccles and COH come in
Lats, Desilva, Allen, and Godden step out .

Only other decision is Palmer or Simms. Id go Palmer on the left and push Wright up top.

blunted

Think Kitching is a huge loss thanks to the intransigence of the (can't organise a piss up in a brewery) EFL. I am rubbish at predictions but fear this a game we are likely to lose. I would give us an 80/20 chance in Middlesborough's favour of avoiding defeat. Think they are a better team than their current position in the table would suggest. There again, I thought the same at Leeds.

skyblue_55

Palmer , although gifted , just seems to do something good & then wait for his song & loses all track of what he’s supposed to be doing.
Godden….. those new boots will be good for his Derby debut next season at this rate & Simms …… if only Robins told us why the hell he bought him !

long way home

Why would you do away with our most potent attacking force in Wright to play Palmer in a position he's not suitable for?

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You don't have to do away with anything do you. They can interchange or play Palmer as the furthest forward majority of the game. Palmer is a better option in my opinion than Godden, Simms for this game.

He is certainly playing better than both at the minute and is someone that touch and control matches his strength to hold the ball up and link play. We will not have a lot of the ball so when we do get it we need to keep it. Its an opinion to fit this game, but what Robins does will be completely different i guess.

mmttww

Palmer , although gifted , just seems to do something good & then wait for his song & loses all track of what he’s supposed to be doing.
Godden….. those new boots will be good for his Derby debut next season at this rate & Simms …… if only Robins told us why the hell he bought him !

This reads like something a Russian bot would post in a YouTube comments section. Properly weird.

wingy

Performance director starts her role soon they'll be getting dialysis done pre game
soon no bother!
Tiredness Pah!

Philosorapter

Attachments

• 31.12.2023(4).gif
    31.12.2023(4).gif
    36.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 31.12.2023(3).png
    31.12.2023(3).png
    120.2 KB · Views: 31

TomRad85

Historically the Riverside not a happy hunting ground but they must hate playing us recently. Robins seems to have the upper hand on Carrick so hoping for a win.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread