Match Thread Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

Brighton Sky Blue

Ambition has to be tempered with realism.

I mean, I'd like a 15 bed mansion, seven Ferraris and the finest Hillman Hunter money can buy, but my budget makes that unlikely...

I’d like an attacking midfielder besides O’Hare, not Mitrovic on crack

Sky Blue Harry H

Representative of Boro fans forum

Really decent game. Coventry’s link up play was outstanding and I don’t know it’s it was lack of cutting edge by them or great defending by us (probably a bit of both) Paddy & Fry were great everyone else was much better That the Blackburn game. Special mention to Tavs work rate and Jones’s defensive display.

the rumpo kid

Pretty gutted after that total domination with no finish.
Love him as I do , Viktor has to learn how to shoot with his left foot.
Clever teams force him right so he has To cut back on his very weak left foot.
If he could use both left and right feet he'd be an £18 -20 million player.

Viktor get your fucking finger out.!

stay_up_skyblues

Nice try but we’re bashing Callum today.

larry_david

Thought we were the better team. Didn't boss it but more than enough to warrant the points.

Few things

Gyokeres carried up forward single handed. The guy couldn't do anymore, he deserved better and I think he deserved better from his forward thinking teammates.

Shipley needs to go. Let's not let a good performance against peterborough mask what it is. He's been a great servant and in a way a symbol of our rise but if we want to go further, this is where he gets off the train

Bidwell looked like a lb playing lwb. Worryingly slow too. I'm sure he will come good but he barely threatened the half way line.

Kane or dabo would have loved that today, so much space outwide that neither fu back exploited so poor gyok went out there leaving no one in the middle.

Some mised chances. Unlucky with the shot off the bar but we gotta be ruthless.

Waghorn, I just don't see it. I really don't. I'm sorry. I want too but he just doesn't bring anything to the table for me.

Boro fans behind the goal. Chavvy scroats but fair play, kinda enjoyed that.

Refereee was absolutely atrocious. Atrocious. 4 mins injury time also a complete disgrace as were boro who fell over at any opportunity. Crooks is 6ft 4 and went down like a 2 Yr old learning to walk. He used to do it for Rotherham too.

Should have got a point at least. Story of our season. We'll be clinging on and if godden comes back soon we might cling on further but we're sleepwalking into middle obscurity which to be honest, we'd probably have all taken at the start of the season.

SkyblueTexan

Have a bit more realism
The clubs target wasn’t and isn’t top 6.
With that kind of mentality we’ll only be fighting to stay up instead of pushing for something more than that. If we’d won today (which seemed likely until Boro’s goal), no one would have blamed us for having genuine designs on a top 6 finish. As it is, it’s not impossible to achieve a top 6 finish, but with each loss it definitely becomes more improbable.

Sky Blue Pete

With that kind of mentality we’ll only be fighting to stay up instead of pushing for something more than that. If we’d won today (which seemed likely until Boro’s goal), no one would have blamed us for having genuine designs on a top 6 finish. As it is, it’s not impossible to achieve a top 6 finish, but with each loss it definitely becomes more improbable.
You have to build

Gint11

why is my mentality got to do with the actual club and team?

I want the best for the club and to me, they are exceeding expectations and are having a great season. It’s frustrating when we outplay teams and lose but that’s because of our weaknesses which I’m sure will be addressed.

I’ll say it again, the clubs aim this season was progression and to continue to become established in the division with the resources we have. Nothings changed. In fact, I believe MR target is 50 points. After that, then yes let’s go for it but top 6 wasn’t and isn’t currently the target.

PROGRESSION is.

Sky Blue Harry H

Our ability in the final 3rd is almost laughable. It must be great being an opposition supporter watching their team play us, knowing full well they dont have to worry too much about us scoring.

And yet....we've won more than we've lost...............how has that happened?

pusbccfc

Thought we were the better team. Didn't boss it but more than enough to warrant the points.

Few things

Gyokeres carried up forward single handed. The guy couldn't do anymore, he deserved better and I think he deserved better from his forward thinking teammates.

Shipley needs to go. Let's not let a good performance against peterborough mask what it is. He's been a great servant and in a way a symbol of our rise but if we want to go further, this is where he gets off the train

Bidwell looked like a lb playing lwb. Worryingly slow too. I'm sure he will come good but he barely threatened the half way line.

Kane or dabo would have loved that today, so much space outwide that neither fu back exploited so poor gyok went out there leaving no one in the middle.

Some mised chances. Unlucky with the shot off the bar but we gotta be ruthless.

Waghorn, I just don't see it. I really don't. I'm sorry. I want too but he just doesn't bring anything to the table for me.

Boro fans behind the goal. Chavvy scroats but fair play, kinda enjoyed that.

Refereee was absolutely atrocious. Atrocious. 4 mins injury time also a complete disgrace as were boro who fell over at any opportunity. Crooks is 6ft 4 and went down like a 2 Yr old learning to walk. He used to do it for Rotherham too.

Should have got a point at least. Story of our season. We'll be clinging on and if godden comes back soon we might cling on further but we're sleepwalking into middle obscurity which to be honest, we'd probably have all taken at the start of the season.

Bang on with every point.

JAM See

Bang on with every point.
I thought Waghon did well against Stoke, but he wasn't at the races today.

Was baffled by bringing Maatsen on for Bidwell. Thought Kane for Eccles was the more obvious way to use MRs last sub.

skybluegod

Was baffled by bringing Maatsen on for Bidwell. Thought Kane for Eccles was the more obvious way to use MRs last sub.

Would struggle to bring on Kane considering he was back in cov.

It was maatsen or da Costa. There was only one option really.

Offhegoes

FFS, we played some great stuff, they couldn’t handle Viktor at all, with Allen, O’Hare and Sheaf playing through them constantly. Once McFadz hit the crossbar I started to feel we’re not going to score here and of course they score 2 minutes later. Boro were awful and lucky today, but we’re not scoring enough, and that is a worry. We’ve never been a free scoring team under Robins in any division, but we can’t keep battering teams without scoring

JAM See

Would struggle to bring on Kane considering he was back in cov.

It was maatsen or da Costa. There was only one option really.
Apologies, I thought Kane was on the bench.

Maatsen for Bidwell was the right call then.

pusbccfc

It was the sort of game that was difficult to come on as a sub.

I just wish he'd have taken Shipley out earlier.

Brighton Sky Blue

FFS, we played some great stuff, they couldn’t handle Viktor at all, with Allen, O’Hare and Sheaf playing through them constantly. Once McFadz hit the crossbar I started to feel we’re not going to score here and of course they score 2 minutes later. Boro were awful and lucky today, but we’re not scoring enough, and that is a worry. We’ve never been a free scoring team under Robins in any division, but we can’t keep battering teams without scoring

Well if no AM arrives that’ll be the story of the second half of the season. Gyo worked his socks off today but the lad needs support

pugwash

We always look so small once we get into the opponent's box - would love to have someone that could bully the defence a bit and get on the end of crosses, but I don't think we have anyone with that ability in the squad. It's almost pointless getting to the byline, the only play with a chance is to pull it back to a runner (which is something that I think Shipley can do to an extent). Anyone got stats for successful crosses?

Anyway, disappointed today - but the opposition gets a lot easier on paper in Feb and March and still in touch with 5th and 6th. O'Hare does seem to be getting more shots on target lately, forced a good save from the header. Saw a few occasions when the midfielders needed to hit it first time instead of lining up the shot.

stevefloyd

Watched with a Middlesbrough fan, said we were the better team until their goal.

A few poor performances in the final third I though my but we did enough to win or at least draw.
Even a draw would have been a travesty, they deserved fuck all out of that game but again we gifted 3 points away

wingy

He scored from the right on Tuesday night.

Users who are viewing this thread