Match Thread Middlesbrough (A) Match Thread (1 Viewer)

clint van damme

We're having an incredible season really, we've come on leaps and bounds from last season, and the play offs are still within our own hands (though I don't think, and have never thought we'd reach them), but if we want to kick on we really need investment in players who can make a difference in the final 3rd, its as simple as that for me.

Better team against both QPR and Boro but 0 points.

stay_up_skyblues

We were good for 75 odd minutes. Subs did for us tbh but he was right to have a go. Hamer and Waghorn useless when they came on. Literally their contribution was to continually give fouls away and kill our attacks .

Should have won (again). I take heart we’ve not really been poor this season save for a handful of games.

junglej13

I can't remember using the phrase decision making as much ever watching us. The two options behind the striker need to be infinitely better if we are going to progress. Everything up to the final third is very good.

slowpoke

Another game lost we should have won by clear goals, still not too dispondent a lot of points still up for grabs but the lack of goals and missed chances a big concern. Not sure subbing Allen helped once he went off possession in centre midfield disappeared.

PVA

So frustrating.

Dominated 3 games in a row, all against top 6 rivals, and have just 3 points to show for it.

Esoterica

Also think today highlighted that Sheaf needs a more defensive midfielder next to him to get the best out of him. Played well today and did a lot of classy stuff again but wastes a lot of his potential when has to be the deeper player.

Skybluefaz

As a striker/quality finisher himself I wonder what on earth he’s teaching them in training ?! Strange
I wonder how much is just the mentality of a better quality player. Shipley can strike a ball better than almost anyone in the squad but when the big chance came today he shanked it woefully. Composure in the big moments is a tough thing to teach.

covcity4life

O hare had a great chance tipped over. Not much after that tho. Fine margins but we r not a million miles away which is great considering last year we fighting relegation and nothing changed financially

Skyblue_CP

Our ability in the final 3rd is almost laughable. It must be great being an opposition supporter watching their team play us, knowing full well they dont have to worry too much about us scoring.

SkyblueTexan

Look at the positives. Boro played like the away team at their own gaff. If we learn how to win these types of games were comfortably a play off team.

Negative is once again we were best on every metric aside from goals scored and clear cut chances. We know what the issues are so can work on solving them.
We’ve had enough time to solve the issues. If we are putting these chances away in training, why can’t we translate it to game day?

SkyblueTexan

There's nothing as certain in life as death, taxes and Coventry City not getting anything at Middlesbrough away.
Or Preston for that matter.

Esoterica

Allen is our most underrated player imo. Does so much work on and off the ball that people don’t notice and does the simple things well
I like him too but he's another with very little end product at the business end of the pitch. Works his nuts off, plays neat triangles, passes and moves. This team needs minimum 15 goals from that box midfield over a season and we just don't have that in there.

Users who are viewing this thread