Michael Rose (1 Viewer)

CCFCSteve

Why do we need one of them to ‘fill in’ when we have an established CB anyway?

I was referring back to the explanation, as in if Robins wanted an extra forward option on the bench then that would be his thinking behind it. I personally wouldn’t have minded seeing jones on at some point and whilst I’m a fan of Rose it’s very unlikely he would’ve come in on unless there was an injury...which there wasn’t. We also don’t know if any players were carrying any niggles, he could’ve been worried about Ohare being knackered after Wednesday...who knows. Only time will tell if the explanation rings true

Brighton Sky Blue

I was referring back to the explanation, as in if Robins wanted an extra forward option on the bench then that would be his thinking behind it. I personally wouldn’t have minded seeing jones on at some point and whilst I’m a fan of Rose it’s very unlikely he would’ve come in on unless there was an injury...which there wasn’t. We also don’t know if any players were carrying any niggles, he could’ve been worried about Ohare being knackered after Wednesday...who knows. Only time will tell if the explanation rings true

Jones has been on the bench with a CB plenty of times?

SlowerThanPlatt

Whatever has gone on here, he’s not in the good books and hasn’t been for a while. First to make way after a bad team performance

Liquid Gold

It's even more annoying that he wasn't there because Hyam made a mistake that looked to all the world was because he was tired. If there was ever a time to make a defensive sub it was this game when we had no rest and the performances were dropping off.

CCFCSteve

Jones has been on the bench with a CB plenty of times?

But as I’ve said, we don’t know what the situation is with niggles and concerns over tiredness of certain players after Weds game (second away game on the bounce) Already mentioned ohare who works himself into the ground, I don’t think Viks been fully fit and we’re playing a team that we might struggle to break down (and did !) at home, so he says he wanted more attacking options on the bench. As I’ve said we’ll see if the explanation is an honest one over coming weeks/games

SlowerThanPlatt

He hasn’t put Jones on all season in an attacking position has he? In fact since the Forest game he’s played 3 minutes in a game what was already won

blunted

Thought Rose was arguably our best player in L1; it was rumoured Leeds were interested, and I was convinced he would be our best player in the Championship. MR described Rose as our best defender. Injury messed him up last season. I really don't think he is a scapegoat and somehow Hyam is the golden boy. The team is picked on merit IMHO and Hyam has deserved his place in the team that has taken us to 4th in the league. Is Hyam a top 6 Championship defender? Maybe, but you could say that for all our players. To say Rose is better on so few appearances in the Championship is at this point in time an unreasonable assumption.

CDK

Think rose is unlucky at the moment and as hyam seems undroppable right now in robins mind ,but think his time will come and has to prove to be a better proposition in team when he gets the chance

SlowerThanPlatt

This might sound bad, but it almost feels like he is on the bench by default as some kind of charity award. How many appearances has he made? It doesn´t feel like Robins ever really has any intention of playing him.

*Watch him come off the bench on Saturday.

He came on in the Forest game when Maatsen had to go off with a knock I think, since then had 3 minutes when we were 3-0 up against Peterborough

Brighton Sky Blue

This might sound bad, but it almost feels like he is on the bench by default as some kind of charity award. How many appearances has he made? It doesn´t feel like Robins ever really has any intention of playing him.

Well it's because our attacking midfielders consist of

O'Hare
Allen
Jones
Bright
Shipley

We have a starting 11 but very little depth except up front. Unlike Norwich last year who basically had two squads of quality players at their disposal

SlowerThanPlatt

O'Hare
Allen
Jones
Bright
Shipley

We have a starting 11 but very little depth except up front. Unlike Norwich last year who basically had two squads of quality players at their disposal

His minutes are not being progressively built either. Thought they would have given him 10-15 against Fulham when the game was done, atm it looks like he would have been better of taking a contract at a League 1/2 club.

Brighton Sky Blue

His minutes are not being progressively built either. Thought they would have given him 10-15 against Fulham when the game was done, atm it looks like he would have been better of taking a contract at a League 1/2 club.

I don’t blame him at all for wanting to pull off a comeback here. Perhaps he still might

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

O'Hare
Allen
Jones
Bright
Shipley

Bright has never been on the bench, and there's been times when Shipley hasn't either. With O'Hare starting the only other person would be Allen.

At this point it feels like Ben Wilson would be more likely to get subbed on than Jones.

Brighton Sky Blue

If it’s the same by January, I think it’s fair to let the lad go on loan and try and get a contract elsewhere. He hasn’t played regular football since 2017

I can see why the club are reluctant but in his particular case perhaps do that with a testimonial at the end as a golden handshake

Garryb80

I can see why the club are reluctant but in his particular case perhaps do that with a testimonial at the end as a golden handshake
A testimonial? Do we give them out like a service medal now then? Surely him being looked after through his injury and given a new contract are sufficient rewards.

PUSB-We_are_going_up

Its not because of “charity award”, its because Robins sees a player in there at still only 23 he can develop with the correct staff, in robins we should trust he doesn’t use players unless he knows they are up to standard

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Its not because of “charity award”, its because Robins sees a player in there at still only 23 he can develop with the correct staff, in robins we should trust he doesn’t use players unless he knows they are up to standard

Why is he on the bench then? Rose wasn't...

He genuinely must be the most unused bench player all season other than Wilson.

better days

I had to smile at the thought of Robins picking any player for charitable reasons
He's a ruthless bugger which is all part of why he's such a good manager
Jones hasn't had many chances to get on because of the form and resilience of O'Hare, who has somehow stayed free of injury
And the fact that we have mostly had 3 or 4 forwards fit and in reasonable form who would be ahead of him in the pecking order presently
If you look at the players we've had on the bench we try to have a mix of defensive and attacking players ready to come on, especially if we get an injury early on
I'd expect that Jones will get a chance at some point in such a long season
Especially as the gamble on Bright doesn't appear to have worked out

Users who are viewing this thread