Michael Rose (1 Viewer)

SlowerThanPlatt

Left out the squad the squad today, thought Covid or injury, Robins says his decision and we had enough cover on the bench (really?). Always seems to be the fall guy

stay_up_skyblues

He wouldn’t have come on so this is a bit of a non-story for me. When’s the last time he subbed a CB injury notwithstanding?

lifeskyblue

Left out the squad the squad today, thought Covid or injury, Robins says his decision and we had enough cover on the bench (really?). Always seems to be the fall guy

Odd decision if not injured/Ill. Harshly dropped from first 11 but not even on bench and no other central defender there either. V v strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PVA

Should have started today, he was the best of the back 3 against Preston.

I will probably be alone in this but I think our best back three is Hyam - Fadz - Rose

PVA

We definitely need the balance that salter gives us , it's hyam or Rose.. no doubt hyam at fault today

I think the left footed thing is way overrated, Rose is a good passer of the ball even on the left hand side.

JCS does lots of things well but he frustrates the hell out of me. Look how slow and casual he closed down for the goal and then he just stopped. I remember Blues fans complaining about this.

Plus I still have nightmares about that Luton game 🤣

GaryMabbuttsLeftKnee

I think Rose will be in vs Hull on Saturday

I hope so. Sheaf often framed as the person who costs us goals the most directly with mistakes, but Hyam undoubtedly made more mistakes leading to goals and it’s never mentioned. Seems to be you either think he’s untouchable or awful, when reality is he’s been pretty decent but also cost us a lot of goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo1883

I think the left footed thing is way overrated, Rose is a good passer of the ball even on the left hand side.

JCS does lots of things well but he frustrates the hell out of me. Look how slow and casual he closed down for the goal and then he just stopped. I remember Blues fans complaining about this.

Plus I still have nightmares about that Luton game 🤣

Not sure I thought we looked much more solid overall than in the previous 2 matches , his ability to help feed maatson, in the first half they worked brilliantly together .

I think there's definitely something in it

stay_up_skyblues

He has had one on the bench in every game barring today and Blackburn when Clarke Salter had Covid

He has. I’m just making the observation he wouldn’t have come on today had he been on the bench so I’m not sure it’s a valid criticism of the manager. Albeit there are one or two to be made, this isn’t It IMO.

Sky Blue Harry H

We definitely need the balance that salter gives us , it's hyam or Rose.. no doubt hyam at fault today

I agree about the balance bit. I like Rose, but away at Preston he looked really uncomfortable on the ball several times when he was given it out on the left and we were supposed to be pushing for an equaliser. Looked like a square peg in a round hole.

Londonccfcfan

If we're going to drop people from the bench how about the sub keeper who will hardly ever be required. Give ourselves that bit more of a choice off the bench elsewhere
Really don't get his argument about having JJ on the bench hes never gonna come on or ever look likely to come on ever. Baffling. To see Jones on there.

no_loyalty

Rose replacement JCS was imperious today. Rightly dropped.

Fads and Hyam didnt have their best of games 2nd half. But over the season.

The best 3 centre backs played today. End of story.

Hyam has been poor in a fair few games but seems to be the golden boy, Rose has been very unlucky to miss out today.

SlowerThanPlatt

Really don't get his argument about having JJ on the bench hes never gonna come on or ever look likely to come on ever. Baffling. To see Jones on there.

Does seem a body on the bench atm with no intention to use him. After 3 years out can’t imagine that’s what he had in mind

SkyblueTexan

Should have started today, he was the best of the back 3 against Preston.

I will probably be alone in this but I think our best back three is Hyam - Fadz - Rose
On current form our best back 3 is Rose, Fadz and JCS

Offhegoes

Jones is a back up for O’Hare, and that’s his best hope. He’s not a wing back, and with 4 fit centre forwards he won’t get in up front ahead of Waghorn and Walker. It is frustrating, as I’m keen to see if he’s got the goods for this league. I still have a sneaky feeling he could be our secret weapon as the season progresses.

Londonccfcfan

Does seem a body on the bench atm with no intention to use him. After 3 years out can’t imagine that’s what he had in mind

Its ridiculous when our natural width comes from wing backs. We had Kane on bench too. Really doesnt make sense at Jones on the bench over Rose. The fact MR tried to justify it still doesnt make any sense.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

He wouldn’t have come on so this is a bit of a non-story for me. When’s the last time he subbed a CB injury notwithstanding?

Fadz looked like he may have picked up a small injury in the first half. Over a quarter of our players on the pitch are CB's. If one should get injured or whatever we'd probably have to change the system or have somelike like Sheaf fill in. Why take that risk when there are 7 positions on the bench so it's not like there isn't space for at least 3 potential game-changers.

Wilson wouldn't have come on but we put him on the bench every week, purely for the rare occasion that the keeper is either injured or sent-off. It's an insurance policy just in case.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Might be way off but I wonder if the club are trying to convince Hyam to sign a new contract and dropping him would harm those prospects.

slowpoke

Regards Rose other than injury I suspect there’s been words over him being dropped can’t see any other reason him not being on the subs bench.

Users who are viewing this thread