Michael Rose (2 Viewers)

Winny the Bish

What will it take for Hyam to be dropped? Seems to have darling boy status with Robins, but he's had some howlers recently and is still very slow.

Brighton Sky Blue

Purely speculation but I did wonder if Rose had spoken out of turn after finding out he was dropped for the game and was being taught a lesson. Just couldn't find any other logic in the decision to not have him in the squad at all.

Maybe he picked a fight with Viveash

clint van damme

Its ridiculous when our natural width comes from wing backs. We had Kane on bench too. Really doesnt make sense at Jones on the bench over Rose. The fact MR tried to justify it still doesnt make any sense.

Somethings got to have gone on. It doesn't make sense otherwise.

Grendel

Might be way off but I wonder if the club are trying to convince Hyam to sign a new contract and dropping him would harm those prospects.

Hyam would attract very little interest at this level if any. He’s not quick enough or aggressive enough in this league.

Grendel

Purely speculation but I did wonder if Rose had spoken out of turn after finding out he was dropped for the game and was being taught a lesson. Just couldn't find any other logic in the decision to not have him in the squad at all.

its perfectly plausible - to not deliberately have a centre half option would seem unlikely

Brighton Sky Blue

its perfectly plausible - to not deliberately have a centre half option would seem unlikely

I wonder if he’d really prefer Dabo at centre back than Rose in a scenario where we lost one of the back 3. Or if he considered that possibility at all

Grendel

I wonder if he’d really prefer Dabo at centre back than Rose in a scenario where we lost one of the back 3. Or if he considered that possibility at all

I hope not. He tried it it didn’t work

SlowerThanPlatt

Rose’s absence explained
It’s difficult not to feel a bit of sympathy for Michael Rose.

Desperate to get a run and re-establish his place as a regular starter, the Scot made way for not only Jake Clarke-Salter against the Rams – having filled in for the Chelsea loan man for the back-to-back trips to Lancashire – but also Jodi Jones.

The centre-back was conspicuous by his absence from the teamsheet but he was not injured or ill, with Robins revealing afterwards that he didn’t make the matchday 18 because he wanted another attacking player on the bench.

Rose was the man to be sacrificed and Jones among the flair players at the manager’s disposal, should he need to be called upon. In the event, Jones wasn’t used but that was the reason behind the defender’s absence.

One of the star performers of the League One title winning campaign in an impressive first season with the Sky Blues, the centre-half was dubbed the club’s “best” defender by Robins after his inaugural City campaign.

But it appears the 26-year-old may have to wait for an injury or dip in form from one of his rearguard colleagues to get his chance again.

Londonccfcfan

Well the options would have been Kane at right centre back or revert to a back 4. With Kane at right back.

Or sheaf slot into centre back as he did I think vs Forest?

Either way that scenario doesnt instill confidence.

Grendel

not sure how much more of a dip in form Hyam can have

Brighton Sky Blue

Well the options would have been Kane at right centre back or revert to a back 4. With Kane at right back.

Or sheaf slot into centre back as he did I think vs Forest?

Either way that scenario doesnt instill confidence.

Think if that had happened we’d have thrown it away completely.

stupot07

Should have started today, he was the best of the back 3 against Preston.

I will probably be alone in this but I think our best back three is Hyam - Fadz - Rose
Not for me, having a left footed LCB makes a huge difference to the team. JCS was our best centre back yesterday. I would bring Rose in for Hyam, but going forward we need to get a better replacement for Fadz, his lack of pace makes us drop too deep when we are under the cosh.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

SlowerThanPlatt

Hmmm

“I had Todd Kane as cover because Fanky can go back there (centre-half) and Ben Sheaf can go there if we needed to, so I just wanted to go with the extra forward player than the defender today.”

richnrg

(to the tune of 'Michael row the boat ashore...)

Michael Rose and Simon Moore, Hallelu-ja,
Michael Rose and Simon Moore, Hallelu-uu-ja,

(Would be even better if Richard Shaw was still playing)

Brighton Sky Blue

To the ‘Jihadi John’ song

Michael Rose
He’s fucking gone
Got pissed off cos he missed the squad
Dominic Hyam he plays at the back
Gifted Preston an easy attack
Rose told Robins put me in the side
He said fuck off, Fanky Dabo’s fine

CDK

Rose the best CB ,maybe when promoted but hyam now on his correct side Mcfadz JCS the 3 CBs it does make me wonder a decent offer think he'll want to move ,robins to get some money to spend on making us even better.

SlowerThanPlatt

Rose the best CB ,maybe when promoted but hyam now on his correct side Mcfadz JCS the 3 CBs it does make me wonder a decent offer think he'll want to move ,robins to get some money to spend on making us even better.

You’d be looking at Hull or a team near the top of League 1 imo. Not going to command a big fee

stevefloyd

Hyam frustrates the hell out of me decent in defence but his passing is abysmal, definitely a weak link there and he does cost us a few goals , Michael Rose definitely the better passer and also quicker than Hyam

fatso

[/QUOTE]
That's total bollocks, how often has MR used Jones as an attacking option this season?
And what chance did Jones have of getting on ahead of Walker, Waghorn and Allen?
That smacks of a bullshit excuse to cover up an " inhouse incident"
They must think we're fucking stupid!

CCFCSteve

explanation does kind of make sense. Sheaf could fill in at CB, as could Dabo. Jones and Kane at either WB or even move to back four. Rose is unlucky but we have a better balance with JCS, who I thought was our MOTM. Rose might get a go soon instead of one of the other two though I reckon. He’s a good footballer so hope so

Brighton Sky Blue

explanation does kind of make sense. Sheaf could fill in at CB, as could Dabo. Jones and Kane at either WB or even move to back four. Rose is unlucky but we have a better balance with JCS, who I thought was our MOTM. Rose might get a go soon instead of one of the other two though I reckon. He’s a good footballer so hope so

Why do we need one of them to ‘fill in’ when we have an established CB anyway?

Users who are viewing this thread