MEP makes fraud claim against council over Ricoh funding (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
I have been watching the actions of MEP Nikki Sinclaire closely during this whole stadium debacle. I have noticed that she is increasingly taking and extremely pro-SISU stance to the point where she has even using her European parliamentary power to undermine Coventry City Council, as demonstrated with the reports today of her reporting CCC to the European Anti-fraud department.

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/2014/...against-council-over-Ricoh-funding-99270.html

Whilst reporting the council to the European body she was also quoted as saying..

“There is something rotten at the heart of Coventry Council. Is there something fraudulent as well?”

This comes off the back of Nikki also calling for the head of Council leader Ann Lucas just a few months ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25742737

Nikki seems to consistently peddle the SISU line and I think it is interesting that she has said nothing about the recent revelations about the lack of a new stadium site.

I don't expect her to be anti-SISU or pro-CCC, I just want her to show at least a level of balance, as she is a public figure.

The tone, rhetoric and actions of Nikki have made me lose all confidence in her impartiality to the point where I personally suspect she has been been offered political funding by SISU in exchange for her support for SISU case at local and European level. We know that Joy Seppala met Nikki Sinclaire in person last year, it wouldn't surprise me if some deal took place. It took a freedom of information request to reveal her actions against CCC in Brussels, who knows what more she has been doing there?

This is an MEP which is supposed to be representing the interests of the people of Coventry. At the very least her actions are inflammatory to relations between CCC and SISU, and this can only further damage our chances of a resolution. I suspect further foul play here.

Did you think that at the March also? Some of the same people who had her on the stage at the march talking now claim she is only doing it for publicity / doesn't know what she is talking about.

chiefdave

What an idiot, so the EU have already audited and had no problem and Sinclaire has already been told of the mistake in the initial FOI request yet still goes down this route.

MichaelCCFC

If the investigation finds that the council did nothing wrong she could claim it's another reason why the EU are pointless.

If the investigation finds that the council did something wrong she could stick another knife into the council she seems to absolutely despise.

She's in a no-lose situation here.

EDIT//She's just deleted a tweet where she claimed that the council may have lied to FOI request.

I'm trying to get a direct yes/no answer from her on twitter but without much joy. Did you copy the tweet she deleted?

covcity4life

People think they are protected by anonymity on the Internet when that is not the case.

The council will be arranging to meet cc4life at the Wheatsheaf within the next 2 weeks.

ill invite sisu and get us back to the ricoh whilst i am at it!

shmmeee

She probably is looking for publicity, but then again she probably was when she was speaking at that March on the stage and people were all cheering her.

What has changed her stance?

I dunno. Why would a politician form close ties with a corporate entity shortly before an election they're likely to lose?

Nick

Administrator
I dunno. Why would a politician form close ties with a corporate entity shortly before an election they're likely to lose?

Couldn't give a shit about an election, it isn't just her changing stance after meeting them though is it. Especially as she was such a hero at the march and now she is full of shit and only doing it because of the election.

shmmeee

Did you think that at the March also? Some of the same people who had her on the stage at the march talking now claim she is only doing it for publicity / doesn't know what she is talking about.

Nick mate, look through her history. She's been a "fan" of about 4 different clubs depending on who is campaigning for what. The woman would turn up at the opening of an envelope.

shmmeee

Couldn't give a shit about an election, it isn't just her changing stance after meeting them though is it. Especially as she was such a hero at the march and now she is full of shit and only doing it because of the election.

No, she was always full of shit.

Grendel

One of the reasons that Bob Ainsworth is up in my book is that he isn't standing again for parliament. Yes he might be trying to gain popularity but for what.

How can you respect anyone who hasn't the balls to say anything without the protection of parliamentary privelege?

Grendel

Nick mate, look through her history. She's been a "fan" of about 4 different clubs depending on who is campaigning for what. The woman would turn up at the opening of an envelope.

She should get on the council!

Nick

Administrator

No, I totally agree. I think I also said this at the time but as she was backing the march etc it wasn't really agreed with.

All I am saying now is that people who have met with SISU have changed stance and questioning why.

J

Jack Griffin

I thought she was standing for election as an MEP again.

I will make a point of voting this time - against her, there have got to be better alternatives, even if they are not very good in themselves.

sky blue john

I fail to see how Ms Sinclaire working on behalf of Coventry supposedly ?
If money is being spent on Coventry services instead of some far flung european country what is her problem ?

Astute

How can you respect anyone who hasn't the balls to say anything without the protection of parliamentary privelege?

Because he is asking questions for the good of our club and not the good of his career like most MP's do.

Astute

No, I totally agree. I think I also said this at the time but as she was backing the march etc it wasn't really agreed with.

All I am saying now is that people who have met with SISU have changed stance and questioning why.

Good question.

But why if they can convince one person at the same time don't they come out with the proof and convince all of us?

martcov

That is a good question.. which they don't seem to answer. They just change their tactics and start slagging the council, but never say I have come to the conclusion that Joy is right because....... and then give us the conclusive answer. Why indeed? Strange.

Nick

Administrator
Good question.

But why if they can convince one person at the same time don't they come out with the proof and convince all of us?

I have no idea, maybe they are being selective in case it gets back to ACL? I really don't know, I wish I did know what they knew.

RoboCCFC90

Can we end this page now we have an answer before it continues for another 40 pages of bickering?

chiefdave

With Sinclaire I get the impression CCC don't want anything to do with her and won't waste time responding to her, having meetings etc where SISU seemed to welcome her with open arms. That may have some bearing on why she is now more sympathetic to SISU.

Who else has met with Joy or anyone else from SISU and done a complete turnaround in their stance?

shmmeee

I wonder that as well. Is it careful selection of those they feel they can convince or is there some amazing fact that we're all missing? OR is Joy just that damn charismatic that people will just believe her?

The thing is, if it's the latter two of those options, why not just wheel Joy out and tell the unwashed masses direct?

It's not like we haven't heard their reasoning here. The fact that every person who has met with her has been specially selected apart from obviously the Council (who are the one set who haven't come out singing her praises) and the lack of public statements suggest one thing, the dramatic change in those who go to see her another. Curious.

NorthernWisdom

I wonder that as well. Is it careful selection of those they feel they can convince or is there some amazing fact that we're all missing? OR is Joy just that damn charismatic that people will just believe her?

kingharvest always seems to me to have his head screwedon, when he posts on here, and he met Seppala, reported back how she was very persuasive, pretty charaismatic... how he thought she could be their best asset if she did come forward more publicly. (Or words to that effect, hopefully he'll be along to correct me if I've misremembered!)

It could be, of course, that she just doesn't like doing that, is actually shy and retiring however capable.

We all have our strengths and failings after all(!)

shmmeee

kingharvest always seems to me to have his head screwedon, when he posts on here, and he met Seppala, reported back how she was very persuasive, pretty charaismatic... how he thought she could be their best asset if she did come forward more publicly. (Or words to that effect, hopefully he'll be along to correct me if I've misremembered!)

It could be, of course, that she just doesn't like doing that, is actually shy and retiring however capable.

We all have our strengths and failings after all(!)

Yeah, I thought that. But it begs the question: if all there is to the argument is "charisma", then is it an argument at all?

Even a written statement akin to the Christmas message last season would be a start.

James Smith

Because he Isn't looking for votes and has raised our plight more than once in our national parliament.

Grendel

Because he Isn't looking for votes and has raised our plight more than once in our national parliament.

If you were looking for votes who would you back to gain the populist vote?

RoboCCFC90

She has said:

@CovTel_CCFC Council did not give a clarification until AFTER my speech last night. So no, I wasnt supplied with any info.

Simon?

Also a meeting with OLAF, an Independent Comissioner and CCC was also declined at some point last year.

We might as well get thse lot in a ring and sort it out.

Do you reckon we could get Michael Buffer to introduce them all?

Last edited:

SimonGilbert

Telegraph Tea Boy
She has said:

@CovTel_CCFC Council did not give a clarification until AFTER my speech last night. So no, I wasnt supplied with any info.

Simon?

I'm not sure what the question is?

The council gave me the response today, as per the article, after I put the Sinclaire claims to them.

I think the reply cleared everything up didn't it? Unless the EU anti-fraud office come back to tell us otherwise of course.

Case closed for now I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cofastreecity

Looks like Labovitch has been spinning his web again with Miss Sinclaire, and she has again fallen for it. Sisu and their due dilligence?

Users who are viewing this thread