MEP makes fraud claim against council over Ricoh funding (1 Viewer)

chiefdave

She has said:

@CovTel_CCFC Council did not give a clarification until AFTER my speech last night. So no, I wasnt supplied with any info.

So has she now retracted her statement and called of whatever action it was she had started? I suppose apologising to the council for falsely accusing them is too much to expect from her!

RoboCCFC90

I'm not sure what the question is?

The council gave me the response today, as per the article, after I put the Sinclaire claims to them.

I think the reply cleared everything up didn't it? Unless the EU anti-fraud office come back to tell us otherwise of course.

Case closed for now I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think what Nick is trying to say Simon is that Nikki Sinclaire has responded to their response by Tweeting that the Council had not given clarification to herself....

fernandopartridge

I must admit, I do find the 'mistake' in a response to an FOI request pretty poor on the part of the council, especially when you've got 3 weeks to get your facts right in response to one.

lordsummerisle

So has she now retracted her statement and called of whatever action it was she had started? I suppose apologising to the council for falsely accusing them is too much to expect from her!

Based on what the council told her themselves, then she wasn't falsely accusing them.

shmmeee

I must admit, I do find the 'mistake' in a response to an FOI request pretty poor on the part of the council, especially when you've got 3 weeks to get your facts right in response to one.

Are you implying that something untoward has gone on?

I know which I'd blame out of "admin staff make minor fuck up" and "giant left wing conspiracy to defraud the voters" to be honest.

fernandopartridge

Are you implying that something untoward has gone on?

I know which I'd blame out of "admin staff make minor fuck up" and "giant left wing conspiracy to defraud the voters" to be honest.

No, I'm just saying it's a poor show to make such a fuck up, you tit.

It's unlikely that an FOI request from an MEP will be dealt with by "admin staff".

shmmeee

No, I'm just saying it's a poor show to make such a fuck up, you tit.

It's unlikely that an FOI request from an MEP will be dealt with by "admin staff".

The entire council is admin staff to some extent.

If you're just saying it's a fuck up, why put mistake in quote marks?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Agreed. Not knowing which sock draw you've put which £4.7m in is rather worrying. I can only conclude Terry Fuckwit is in charge of apportioning CCC incomes.

That stated, given the clarification appears to have been forthcoming, I think the bigger story should be 'council with dopey Finance Administrator', as opposed to the rather Machiavellian and racy flavour she appears to have laced into events

fernandopartridge

Agreed. Not knowing which sock draw you've put which £4.7m in is rather worrying. I can only conclude Terry Fuckwit is in charge of apportioning CCC incomes.

That stated, given the clarification appears to have been forthcoming, I think the bigger story should be 'council with dopey Finance Administrator', as opposed to the rather Machiavellian and racy flavour she appears to have laced into events

The whole response is odd. The premise of European Structural Funds is that both the domestic and European investment are actually spent on the similar things, e.g.. if the project as a whole is to construct the Arena, the EC through the ERDF will invest £4.7m and that has to be matched by an equal investment by the British government, probably through a grant from Advantage West Midlands. What each part of the investment specifically pays for is irrelevant.

J

Jack Griffin

Council employees are not always of the best quality. shock horror. :D

NorthernWisdom

The whole response is odd. The premise of European Structural Funds is that both the domestic and European investment are actually spent on the similar things, e.g.. if the project as a whole is to construct the Arena, the EC through the ERDF will invest £4.7m and that has to be matched by an equal investment by the British government, probably through a grant from Advantage West Midlands. What each part of the investment specifically pays for is irrelevant.

tbf chances are whoever responded was some kind of legal compliance manager, rather than an expert in the financial affairs.

Sure, it should have been right, but in the days where you're forced to respond within a certain time frame to everything, then it's not always overly easy to be right 100% of the time when trying to get the info from disparate sources.

James Smith

If you were looking for votes who would you back to gain the populist vote?

Aside from those supporters of our club, do the rest of the population of the West Midlands know the intimate details of our situation? How many of the people in say Birmingham are going to have a view one way or the other on Sisu or ACL or the council? How many of them however will see the free publicity NS got getting in the headline she did.

Last edited:

Grendel

Aside from those supporters of our club, do the rest of the population of the West Midlands know the intimate details of our situation? How many of the people in say Birmingham are going to have a view one way or the other on Sisu or ACL or the council?

So she's not saying to get votes then?

J

Jack Griffin

I have been watching the actions of MEP Nikki Sinclaire closely during this whole stadium debacle. I have noticed that she is increasingly taking and extremely pro-SISU stance to the point where she has even using her European parliamentary power to undermine Coventry City Council, as demonstrated with the reports today of her reporting CCC to the European Anti-fraud department.

http://coventryobserver.co.uk/2014/...against-council-over-Ricoh-funding-99270.html

Whilst reporting the council to the European body she was also quoted as saying..

“There is something rotten at the heart of Coventry Council. Is there something fraudulent as well?”

This comes off the back of Nikki also calling for the head of Council leader Ann Lucas just a few months ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-25742737

Nikki seems to consistently peddle the SISU line and I think it is interesting that she has said nothing about the recent revelations about the lack of a new stadium site.

I don't expect her to be anti-SISU or pro-CCC, I just want her to show at least a level of balance, as she is a public figure.

The tone, rhetoric and actions of Nikki have made me lose all confidence in her impartiality to the point where I personally suspect she has been been offered political funding by SISU in exchange for her support for SISU case at local and European level. We know that Joy Seppala met Nikki Sinclaire in person last year, it wouldn't surprise me if some deal took place. It took a freedom of information request to reveal her actions against CCC in Brussels, who knows what more she has been doing there?

This is an MEP which is supposed to be representing the interests of the people of Coventry. At the very least her actions are inflammatory to relations between CCC and SISU, and this can only further damage our chances of a resolution. I suspect further foul play here.

Can FOI requests be made to MEP's about their sources of funding?

Last edited by a moderator:

James Smith

So she's not saying to get votes then?

I thought you worked in marketing, would you say no to getting some free positive publicity for your products? If you were running an election campaign for a candidate would you say no to some free positive publicity for them? Doesn't really matter if the story is a non story, it keeps the candidate fresh in the minds of the electorate. Some people will only see the headline and article not the clarifying comments from the council.

Last edited:

James Smith

why is a council lover like james allowed to be a moderator nick?

HERE COMES THE DELETED POST

I've got no love for Coventry council as I'm not a resident or council taxpayer in Coventry. As I have said all along what I would like to see all the facts so everyone can make up their own minds. Hence why I'd love to see an independent enquiry into this mess not a court case started by one side or the other. A select committee would be perfect for this.

Grendel

I thought you worked in marketing, would you say no to getting some free positive publicity for your products? If you were running an election campaign for a candidate would you say no to some free positive publicity for them? Doesn't really matter if the story is a non story, it keeps the candidate fresh in the minds of the electorate. Some people will only see the headline and article not the clarifying comments from the council.

I'm sorry but that is utterly absurd. If I was marketing a sports car I would ensure the focus was on the desirability and sensous design. I could run a campaign on its appalling Co2 emissions or on its poor fuel consumption. This would gain a lot of media attention but harm the brand.

So you say that a lot of the electorate are not interested in the issue that sinclaire raises well then they would be passive anyway to the story, they would not access the media that the story is in, the same as non buyers of the sports car - they would ignore the media story.

Those that are interested would be put off purchasing in the same way sinclaire will be alienating the only people interested in the article by going totally against the popular view.

Whichever way you cut it this goes against the popular view and will not have a positive impact. What would be the reaction if she took ainsworth's stance?

James Smith

why are you deleting posts that name you james?

Sorry I don't understand what you mean I haven't deleted any posts today as nothing has been reported.

NorthernWisdom

I've got no love for Coventry council as I'm not a resident or council taxpayer in Coventry. As I have said all along what I would like to see all the facts so everyone can make up their own minds. Hence why I'd love to see an independent enquiry into this mess not a court case started by one side or the other. A select committee would be perfect for this.

Chaired by Geoffrey Robinson MP?

Mary_Mungo_Midge

i suppose you would tell gandhi and martin luthor king to just give up too?

tyrant.

Please don't tell me you're comparing your ambition of campaign to the genuis of Mahatma Gandi and Martin Luther King?

With the greatest of respect, that's like comaring Julian Darby with Eusébio :D

James Smith

I'm sorry but that is utterly absurd. If I was marketing a sports car I would ensure the focus was on the desirability and sensous design. I could run a campaign on its appalling Co2 emissions or on its poor fuel consumption. This would gain a lot of media attention but harm the brand.
I did say positive publicity and no I don't think that getting negative facts about your brand into the media is a good thing or indeed the same thing. Ratners being a good example of this, they changed the name of the company after his comments were widely reported in the media.

So you say that a lot of the electorate are not interested in the issue that sinclaire raises well then they would be passive anyway to the story, they would not access the media that the story is in, the same as non buyers of the sports car - they would ignore the media story.

The fact that she keeps having a pop at the 'nasty' council (and who knows they may turn out when/if we finally see all the evidence to be the villains in all this) will be seen by some as a positive thing (or publicity) despite knowing nothing about the situation.

Those that are interested would be put off purchasing in the same way sinclaire will be alienating the only people interested in the article by going totally against the popular view.

Whichever way you cut it this goes against the popular view and will not have a positive impact. What would be the reaction if she took ainsworth's stance?

I suspect among those of our supporters in the West Midlands who are registered to vote she would just be seen as switching sides again.

Last edited:

James Smith

Chaired by Geoffrey Robinson MP?

Good grief no he's the last person we need, hardly an independent MP in all this given his past involvement with the club.

Last edited:

henry the wasp

If terry fuckwit is in charge at ccc, can we then assume aldridge prior is running the show for sisu.

covcity4life

Misspelling genius has a touch of the ironic about it; wouldn't you say?

I would love to see you in a court of law. It could be the podium to express yourself that you've needed all this time

handle-the-truth.gif

Users who are viewing this thread