Mental Health (3 Viewers)

Greggs

Good job I haven't really left the house today as I think anybody who even looked at me the wrong way or walked the wrong way would have got abuse.
You not found a gym to train at yet mate? I got back at it this week, feel better in my mind, body is fucked though

Nick

Administrator
You not found a gym to train at yet mate? I got back at it this week, feel better in my mind, body is fucked though

Yeah a normal commercial gym but it's not the same.

Playing football still but again it's not the same, only so many times you can go through people in non competitive matches.

Greggs

Yeah a normal commercial gym but it's not the same.

Playing football still but again it's not the same, only so many times you can go through people in non competitive matches.
If your looking to start a new discipline - I know of a muay thai gym and a taekwondo gym that are running. I'm sure I could find a boxing place for you too if I asked about?

Nick

Administrator
If your looking to start a new discipline - I know of a muay thai gym and a taekwondo gym that are running. I'm sure I could find a boxing place for you too if I asked about?

Always been interested by Muay Thai but think my legs are too shot.

@Travs did a fair bit of that.

Travs

That is true. Not been competitive for 5 years now... But still have a go on the bags at the gym every so often.

Unless you are looking to be competitive I wouldn't worry about legs being shot etc... It's a fantastic way to condition the body and learn something.

Of course, there's no denying it is tough on the legs!!

Nick

Administrator
That is true. Not been competitive for 5 years now... But still have a go on the bags at the gym every so often.

Unless you are looking to be competitive I wouldn't worry about legs being shot etc... It's a fantastic way to condition the body and learn something.

Of course, there's no denying it is tough on the legs!!

Even just doing boxing training the amount of leg work is shocking, thats even without the contact on the bags :(

Sky_Blue_Daz

Struggled a bit yesterday , been a stressful month with work , my dads been in hospital and getting some work done on the house but going through insurance. Ended up snapping and losing my temper with my wife and daughter over the simplest of things. They both said they felt really scared as I’d never been like that before .My biggest problem is I let things build up and build up then i flip . Some said it’s not the elephant that gets you it’s the ants I can really understand that Spoke to a friend who said he’d reached out to a dr who recommend he speak to someone . Think I might make that step too

Last edited:

Sky Blue Pete

Struggled a bit yesterday , been a stressful month with work , my dads been in hospital and getting some work done on the house but going through insurance. Ended up snapping and losing my temper with my wife and daughter over the simplest of things. They both said they felt really scared as I’d never been like that before .My biggest problem is I let things build up and build up then i flip . Some said cuts not the elephant that gets you it’s the ants I can really understand that Spoke to a friend who said he’d reached out to a dr who recommend he speak to someone . Think I might make that step too
Just got to say I know we’re pretty anonymous on here but your honesty and humility in this is brilliant! I’ve found just speaking helps sometimes, just experiencing and being self aware helps sometimes, reaching out to professionals and considering medication helps other times. No two of us are dealing with the same things but if you are fearful of how you reacted you need to do something to try and stop it happening again. My one was really early in my marriage and I smashed a laundry basket I think. The reality was if it wasn’t the laundry basket it would have been my wife and that really shocked me. I have never allowed to get that angry since. It doesn’t help when I do need to get bloody angry in correct ways but I’ll take that if it means I’m not a danger to those who love me

As I started with I can’t begin to say how wonderful it is of you to share this. Take care and if you think it will help seek some help. If you feel you can control it by talking and sharing and understanding them that’s great too

Greggs

Legs are a fantastic weapon, but it all comes from the hips. Lots of stretching in your spare time and you'll be fine mate!

clint van damme

Struggled a bit yesterday , been a stressful month with work , my dads been in hospital and getting some work done on the house but going through insurance. Ended up snapping and losing my temper with my wife and daughter over the simplest of things. They both said they felt really scared as I’d never been like that before .My biggest problem is I let things build up and build up then i flip . Some said it’s not the elephant that gets you it’s the ants I can really understand that Spoke to a friend who said he’d reached out to a dr who recommend he speak to someone . Think I might make that step too

Sounds like you've got a lot on your plate Daz.
Take your mates advice.

Covstu

Working in HR I’ve seen a massive increase in Mental health issues, previously it was stress but now it’s depressio. A lot of people are struggling at the moment whether they were furloughed or working throughou. Equally the amount of people just physically and mentally tired and not having clear breaks I.e. a bit of sand and sea. Equally not being able to plan anything is having a massive effect too, most people work towards they next break (I know I do!) but they can’t at the moment.

Tommo1993

Working in HR I’ve seen a massive increase in Mental health issues, previously it was stress but now it’s depressio. A lot of people are struggling at the moment whether they were furloughed or working throughou. Equally the amount of people just physically and mentally tired and not having clear breaks I.e. a bit of sand and sea. Equally not being able to plan anything is having a massive effect too, most people work towards they next break (I know I do!) but they can’t at the moment.

Totally. Was going to NYC with parents this year, initially in May, pushed back to November. Both cancelled for obvious reasons. My old ma’s beaten up about it because she had other health issues and operations to worry about before a knobhead pandemic. Like everyone else now we’ve got fuck all to look forward to. Hopefully next year.

Can’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. All work, no play. But STILL, it could be worse.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cheers for the support by the way lads .I’ve spoken to a number of colleagues ( we all work for the nhs) as we are community/school based if we go into lockdown again we don’t know where we will be sent too. I’ve already been sounded out to work at the nightingale hospital if required obviously said yes as I want to be hands on and do my bit
But a lot of colleagues have said that’s out of there comfort zone and aren’t so sure

But for me personally it’s working without having something at the end of the tunnel to enjoy IE Holidays or even a weekend away

In other news there’s love in the cottage again 😀

Last edited:

Andy

How do you start to love your self again? I want to be proper happy and not pretend to be happy if I can do that then I might might be able to lose the weight and not self sabotage. I'm fed up with people taking the piss out of my weight and that I'm supposed to laugh along like its OK when it just hurts inside and thats just start of my problems

Nick

Administrator
How do you start to love your self again? I want to be proper happy and not pretend to be happy if I can do that then I might might be able to lose the weight and not self sabotage. I'm fed up with people taking the piss out of my weight and that I'm supposed to laugh along like its OK when it just hurts inside and thats just start of my problems

Are you doing any exercise?

skyblue1991

What is making you unhappy? Is it your weight or is it people taking the mick out of your weight?

Weight is changeable so you can be positive in the sense you can do something about it. I would reccomend reading James Smith's book (Not a Diet), it'll help change your mindset about weight and life.

There's plenty of places to help with your weight exercise-wise but focus on your diet first as that is 80% of the problem. Although a 15 min walk around the block every day is better than nothing for your mental health.

I don't think anyone is 100% secure, some of the people won't like something about then which you are comfortable with, in fact it's why they are using yourself and a target as they are insecure themselves. I take the piss as much as anyone (banter) but I know how far to take things and I never use weight.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Sick Boy

I’ve been away a couple of times this year and to be honest it’s not a huge relief from the stresses and strains of what’s going on either. Obviously it helps but when have been away this year I’ve felt mentally exhausted from everything and not really enjoyed it. The lack of control over the situation is the hardest - I think if I had a date to see my parents and family again it would be easier, was supposed to be last week but think it’ll be next summer now - 18 months of not seeing them as they’re getting older is dreadful and like the time has been stolen away.

clint van damme

Not as much as I was doing before lock down I'm finding it so hard to get in to a routine

If you look at Kieranp's post on this thread I think he's achieved some pretty impressive weight loss. You might find some inspiration there (and skybluebear as well.).

Good luck.

Bugsy

don't want to sound like a fool, but starting to give up on life and love, sometimes i feel like I'm not good enough for anyone. feel alone from time to time when i over think it does serious damage, don't seem to be able to snap out of it either, considering seeing some one regarding my issues as ive tried a few things in the past just seems like past couple of weeks its hit me hardest. my mind set is all over the place. im normally a happy go lucky guy bubbly and fun but soemthing seems to be sapping the goodness out of me at the moment.

hill83

This year I've been through a marriage breakup, obviously this pandemic shite, a substantial pay cut at work and my dad having health issues, so it's been a shit year. Barely seeing my son now is probably the hardest part.

But I actually feel like I'm coming out the other side of it now. Started lifting weights again, stopped drinking so much and just trying to think positively. So feel pretty good at the moment. Also trying not to get bogged down with internet bollocks, including on here and trying to not watch Cov games this season as we are fucking shite and getting our arses handed to us so far.

Users who are viewing this thread