Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (5 Viewers)

Nick

Administrator
So it appears I’m now not able to get in touch with Nick Eastwood. I’m sorry. I so hope that this can all be resolved sooner rather than later so Ccfc can start to sell season tickets for next season at the Ricoh. Mark and I are hopeful of meeting him face to face and getting some on the record comments from him. We are aiming to do this before the end of March as if there’s been no progress by then we will be hampering significantly our ability to sell season tickets for next season. Of course any notes from any discussion that can be agreed will be shared on this forum first
Shock.

Maybe he wants to try and bullshit you and thinks you might post a write up on here that may come back to bite him on the arse?

Grendel

Shock.

Maybe he wants to try and bullshit you and thinks you might post a write up on here that may come back to bite him on the arse?

He will probably have another meet with the PSB “group” instead

Grendel

I hope it means conversations are or will take place and our intervention has helped to expedite it

He will be lining up an interview with Neil White tomorrow

mark82

Communication lines are still open though via email. We'll get there eventually, just not as easy as we found the CCFC side. I can appreciate some reticence as we are CCFC fans and not Wasps fans. We need to see actions from all parties. Will be reaching out to CCFC side periodically to see if any signs of progress.

win9nut

Or until the next owners get sick of paying rent to SisuPropCo ;)
Do you honestly think any future owners would buy CCFC without any revenue streams/stadium ownership?
If such an offer is made, given the history I'd recommend we all write angry letters to the wannabe owners demanding that they don't bother the sale as it would be totally and utterly the incorrect business model for our club!

shmmeee

Do you honestly think any future owners would buy CCFC without any revenue streams/stadium ownership?
If such an offer is made, given the history I'd recommend we all write angry letters to the wannabe owners demanding that they don't bother the sale as it would be totally and utterly the incorrect business model for our club!

No I don’t. Was a throwaway joke to highlight the stadium might not be forever.

clint van damme

he's not wrong! Though I haven't quite plumbed the depths of mysteriously ending up as the governor of a community asset which is then coincidentally sold to an out of town rugby club locking out local residents and riding rough shod over green belt covenants attached to the land the asset is on.
Nor colluding with a consortium to try and bring about regime change at the local football club after I've been in town for only 5 minutes. And don't get me started on his love in with the fucking CCC!

Nick

Administrator
he's not wrong! Though I haven't quite plumbed the depths of mysteriously ending up as the governor of a community asset which is then coincidentally sold to an out of town rugby club locking out local residents and riding rough shod over green belt covenants attached to the land the asset is on.
Nor colluding with a consortium to try and bring about regime change at the local football club after I've been in town for only 5 minutes. And don't get me started on his love in with the fucking CCC!

Careful, Shmmeee will be calling you a conspiracy theorist.

I was hoping for a rest today.

tisza

I am sat here in my "I Love Joy" t shirt while looking at my pay slip from SISU.

It's obvious what's going to happen isn't it? Eastwood and Duggins will be hating this.
not as bright as you seem. I'd be insisting on cash in hand from that lot :)

BackRoomRummermill

Not much new news really. Did you ask for a likely timescale on the stadium? They’ve had six years is there anything to indicate the next six will be any different? I swear we were “down to three sites” years ago and now it’s up to six. Any

ideas on how it’ll be funded or who will own it? What happened to it last time with the fans forum and everything?

Did you ask about why they won’t request the case is forgotten even if it’s pointless? Did you ask about future legal cases or appeals? Any more details on the indemnity?

Fair play for getting a meeting but seems a bit of a wasted opportunity to just turn up and say “yes yes everything’s lovely aren’t the team doing well” and not actually ask them any questions. Seems just like what many on here slate the Trust for doing with the other actors. Turn up, round of applause, no further forward.

Am I right saying you think they are are a waste of time these meetings ?

HuckerbyDublinWhelan

Or until the next owners get sick of paying rent to SisuPropCo ;)
See I’m ok with a prop co, as long as it’s not taking the piss too much. I expect to pay rent but access to all the revenue. Happy to pay SISU a couple of 100k for all financial aspects of the new stadium.

Of course this is SISU we’re talking about... so if the pie in the Sky arena happens with them - id like the details In the open

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
who knows guys we could get promoted and sisu could sell us to some middle east billionare, im going to dubai in 3 weeks ill sneak in to a few sporting events and offer ccfc to them as a championship club poised on premier league heights of trophies and riches lol!

clint van damme

Depends what your intention is. In terms of making things happen? Almost certainly. In terms of getting new information? Maybe. In terms of building relationships between fans and the club? Certainly not.

I think the EC complaint and indemnity clause played a large part in some peoples decision to go to St. Andrews, (it certainly did in my case). But most of us had to fill In a lot of blanks. Be great to get the full story, (unlikely I know), and be making a completely informed decision. Failing that, the more we know the better.

shmmeee

See I’m ok with a prop co, as long as it’s not taking the piss too much. I expect to pay rent but access to all the revenue. Happy to pay SISU a couple of 100k for all financial aspects of the new stadium.

Of course this is SISU we’re talking about... so if the pie in the Sky arena happens with them - id like the details In the open

Yeah it was really a throwaway remark. Though the propco thing is a bit of a poke in the eye for all the “we need to own! We should never rent” types. It’ll all come down to the details.

shmmeee

I think the EC complaint and indemnity clause played a large part in some peoples decision to go to St. Andrews, (it certainly did in my case). But most of us had to fill In a lot of blanks. Be great to get the full story, (unlikely I know), and be making a completely informed decision. Failing that, the more we know the better.

I mean yeah. But equally don’t be under any impression we’ll get told anything other than what suits each sides agenda. None of the groups have to talk to anyone and will only choose to do so if they think it helps them further their aims. There’s a little naivety about that from some on here sometimes.

mark82

Yeah it was really a throwaway remark. Though the propco thing is a bit of a poke in the eye for all the “we need to own! We should never rent” types. It’ll all come down to the details.

I think a lot of the time stadiums are held in separate holding companies, I don't think that would be unusual. Wasps certainly do it. The point is more the revenue it brings in. We aren't the only sports club to think it's important, Wasps bought the Ricoh for the same reason.

Users who are viewing this thread