Meeting with Joy Seppala & Dave Boddy - Thursday 27th February 2020 (2 Viewers)

mark82

I should probably add that George Duggins was happy to share the email chain with the media, as requested by Pete.

Nick

Administrator
seen by who?

People involved with the Council and the Trust or people who believe the bullshit that they try to put out.

Over the past 12 months more and more people have started to see straight through it, Pete's statement pretty much had a unanimous agreement on here and social media but guess who voted against it?

chiefdave

Reading back it seems I’ve misunderstood and this was a report on Pete’s contact? God knows. Fucking CET reporting.
Amazes me they have the balls to print stuff like this. It's literally someone going out and doing their job for them and rather than be embarrassed about it they just lift it for their own clicks.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Whether we like it or not the role of SBT is pretty solidified as the anti-Trust.

Whilst this is true, its not just the active posters on here that have lost all faith in the Trust......there was nearly 400 (i think) who either signed up or logged in to express support for the letter and previously Knowls twitter poll on whether the trust represented the fanbase came back as a massive resounding "do they fuck" with something approaching 90% of nearly 500 votes cast (i think)

...anyway....I avoided logging into this place for over 18 months until Pete & Mark stood up to be counted....

so a big thanks to Pete & Mark for their fantastic efforts....but now I find myself wasting time typing shite on here again....I think I may have to self-isolate from SBT.

Play up sky blues. Peace out.

shmmeee

He always makes an effort to answer and he is the leader of the council isnt he?

Well yeah but it’s a democratic organisation and as I say there’s always someone who wants to highlight the incumbents failings.

Sonif he’s not giving us what we want two other routes would be going direct to the cabinet member responsible (not sure who but we can figure it out) or going to his opposite number who will want to make him look bad. Isn’t democracy beautiful?

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
This reminds of the peaky blinders scene, sbt telling ccc wasps and sisu not to fight lol

Attachments

• 0A8D056B-2C6D-439E-8ABB-AE72E5C61CBB.jpeg
    0A8D056B-2C6D-439E-8ABB-AE72E5C61CBB.jpeg
    360.6 KB · Views: 19

mark82

Ah yes. Good old measured Nick and Grendel.

In all seriousness, the reputation of this forum outside of Sisu isn’t great and we should be aware of that.

Well aware, but we are all individual people and I won't be lumped in as the same as anyone else. I'm also on the Facebook forum and other groups. Yes, I post on here more but it's not just about this group.

chiefdave

He always makes an effort to answer and he is the leader of the council isnt he?
Seeing as the like to present everything as cross party might be worth contacting the leader of Coventry Conservatives and asking if they agree with Duggins that the council has no role to play in returning a business worth £10m+ a year to the local economy back to the city.

NortonSkyBlue

He does have a point though- read this thread and tell me there is a balanced approach to the situation- there isn't. It started off well enough but soon disintegrated into a slanging match & people being hounded for questioning the owners, which anyone is perfectly entitled to do. Its way too extreme.
Rather than the day to day difference of opinion based upon McCallum having his head turned by his move to Norwich and needing to be replaced by Giles, the forum was consulted about the content of the initial statement and approved it overwhelmingly.
I believe that many points raised by Smmeee are worth discussing but I do believe his initial views were unfortunate given that his expectations were never going to met on a first meeting.
On your stadium views I bow to your obvious passion in the subject and to share my opinion based upon 55 years of visiting good and bad stadiums and the last few years of traveling to lower league stadiums is that you can't say that one ground is the perfect place without take no in to account cost of building and status of club. My lfavorite was Barnet FC. A community arena that suited that club to a tee. If I can offer a 4 sided ground with character then Portsmouth would be perfect and if money was no object then how about a bigger version of Orients ground?

shmmeee

Let's just say the article doesn't present the full conversation. I did follow up Pete's initial email with a quite lengthy follow up. George responded to say he'll give us answers at a meeting which is still to be set up.

Yeah I’d got the wrong end of the stick and thought the CT had interviewed Duggins about your meeting.

Nick

Administrator
Whilst this is true, its not just the active posters on here that have lost all faith in the Trust......there was nearly 400 (i think) who either signed up or logged in to express support for the letter and previously Knowls twitter poll on whether the trust represented the fanbase came back as a massive resounding "do they fuck" with something approaching 90% of nearly 500 votes cast (i think)

...anyway....I avoided logging into this place for over 18 months until Pete & Mark stood up to be counted....

so a big thanks to Pete & Mark for their fantastic efforts....but now I find myself wasting time typing shite on here again....I think I may have to self-isolate from SBT.

Play up sky blues. Peace out.

That's the thing, it isn't just on here is it? Knowl set a poll up and it was a resounding no faith. People on Facebook don't seem to have any faith.

Instead of people involved with the Trust setting up social media accounts to say this place is run by SISU, they actually look at why city fans have no faith?

People on here rarely agree on anything at all but strangely both on here and Twitter everybody seems to agree on that statement apart from shmeee and a few troll social media accounts. Why is that?

Ring Of Steel

People involved with the Council and the Trust or people who believe the bullshit that they try to put out.

Over the past 12 months more and more people have started to see straight through it, Pete's statement pretty much had a unanimous agreement on here and social media but guess who voted against it?

I have no respect for the council or the trust as regards this issue, in fact I'd say they are both broken organisations full stop, and I wouldn't care at all how they see this forum apart from the fact that all the noise means any clear message struggles to get through. I think I'm safe in saying that the majority on here do not want a 'phoenix club' with people like that that involved in it- personally I would never, ever watch that club and would have the same opinion of them that I do of Wasps.

mark82

He thinks he is addressing Sisu and we are just a bunch of internet weirdos. The view is there’s maybe 20 people on here and they’re all up Sisus arse and irrationally hate Wasps and the council. The two main people have spent years trolling councillors and the Trust on Twitter and generally being a dick.

Whether we like it or not the role of SBT is pretty solidified as the anti-Trust. Everything this forum says about the Trust replace Wasps or CCC with Sisu and you’ve got what other groups say about us. Which is what I said in my OP in this thread that triggered everyone. It’s Sisu/Observer/SBT vs Wasps/CET/other SBT now. Any meetings will be assumed to be a proxy for Sisu. Because that’s what happens when you don’t build relationships and are guided mostly by hatred of another organisation. As we saw with the Trust.

Which it's exactly the right thing to do to focus on building relationships with all parties, not just on the CCFC side.

shmmeee

Rather than the day to day difference of opinion based upon McCallum having his head turned by his move to Norwich and needing to be replaced by Giles, the forum was consulted about the content of the initial statement and approved it overwhelmingly.
I believe that many points raised by Smmeee are worth discussing but I do believe his initial views were unfortunate given that his expectations were never going to met on a first meeting.
On your stadium views I bow to your obvious passion in the subject and to share my opinion based upon 55 years of visiting good and bad stadiums and the last few years of traveling to lower league stadiums is that you can't say that one ground is the perfect place without take no in to account cost of building and status of club. My lfavorite was Barnet FC. A community arena that suited that club to a tee. If I can offer a 4 sided ground with character then Portsmouth would be perfect and if money was no object then how about a bigger version of Orients ground?

Im clearly on my own here. But these grounds scream “lower league team” to me. I know it’s all pie and terraces jumpers for goalposts nostalgia that I don’t have, but I like a modern iconic stadium. MK Dons one is great IMO.

Frankly though, I’ll take anything at this point.

Ring Of Steel

To be honest I kind of got sucked into the shmmee side of things, I only wanted to talk about a new ground :)

I have to get back to work but I will find my ideal pick for new ground! My main thing is I want some details, I used to love the "Coventry City" letters on the roof of the sky blue stand for example, little things like that go a long way in making a ground a home.

Ring Of Steel

Im clearly on my own here. But these grounds scream “lower league team” to me. I know it’s all pie and terraces jumpers for goalposts nostalgia that I don’t have, but I like a modern iconic stadium. MK Dons one is great IMO.

Frankly though, I’ll take anything at this point.

I wouldn't- it would be our home forever.

Nick

Administrator
To be honest I kind of got sucked into the shmmee side of things, I only wanted to talk about a new ground :)

I have to get back to work but I will find my ideal pick for new ground! My main thing is I want some details, I used to love the "Coventry City" letters on the roof of the sky blue stand for example, little things like that go a long way in making a ground a home.

I don't think anybody would disagree with wanting a heavily CCFC inspired stadium that's hammered in history and tradition.

Like I said though, that's running way before we can walk. (as in fans daydreaming about it)

usskyblue

I should be clear here. I’m not talking about what is. Not am I talking about Mark and Pete. Just saying how the forum as a whole is seen.

GMK was seen as a pro SISU forum (mainly because we questioned everything and saw the inconsistencies in the whole sorry story) while here was definitely anti-SISU.

We’ve had a lot of enlightening information to process since those days and fuckhousery by multiple parties has come to light.

The fact is; All of this isn’t down to one entity.

It’s okay not to trust SISU, they have to come up with something tangible before anyone trusts them again. The problem is there are still people, either with an agenda or that are just so blinded with hatred for SISU that they distort, lie and play dumb regarding the other parties in order to pin shit on SISU. When it’s called out (as it should) people start with the SISU lover bollocks.

Most level headed people on here blame all sides, as they fucking well should.

mark82

We don't need to go into that.

Nick

Administrator
GMK was seen as a pro SISU forum (mainly because we questioned everything and saw the inconsistencies in the whole sorry story) while here was definitely anti-SISU.

We’ve had a lot of enlightening information to process since those days and fuckhousery by multiple parties has come to light.

The fact is; All of this isn’t down to one entity.

It’s okay not to trust SISU, they have to come up with something tangible before anyone trusts them again. The problem is there are still people, either with an agenda or that are just so blinded with hatred for SISU that they distort, lie and play dumb regarding the other parties in order to pin shit on SISU. When it’s called out (as it should) people start with the SISU lover bollocks.

Most level headed people on here blame all sides, as they fucking well should.

Pretty much!

The fact that a lot of the lies and the "pro SISU" nonsense has come from people involved with the Trust as well is also telling. A current board member had a melt down when I asked him a basic question and had to delete his Twitter account because he made himself look silly.

shmmeee

Oh I’m big bad again :(

I said at the time and in PMs to Pete that I didn’t support the statement slagging off fellow fans because I didn’t think it was helpful but O was happy to help with other stuff.

What an agenda!

Nick

Administrator
Oh I’m big bad again :(

I said at the time and in PMs to Pete that I didn’t support the statement slagging off fellow fans because I didn’t think it was helpful but O was happy to help with other stuff.

What an agenda!

It didn't slag them off, it said people had no faith in them.

I think you genuinely see things differently to everybody else sometimes.

cc84cov

I don't think anybody would disagree with wanting a heavily CCFC inspired stadium that's hammered in history and tradition.

Like I said though, that's running way before we can walk. (as in fans daydreaming about it)
More chance of signing Maradona

wingy

It was Rupert Lowe I’m sure and he is no longer an Mep and hasn’t answered me so I suppose he won’t have answered Stuart. Simon Gilbert is a bit of an expert I don’t think he thinks it can be withdrawn
Of course it can't, but for SISU to make such rr
Did Joy slurp her tea? If she did I am opening photoshop immediately and putting her face on witches.
Google Image Result for https://thumbs.gfycat.com/AgreeableElegantAnnelid-size_restricted.gif

shmmeee

I think you genuinely see things differently to everybody else sometimes.

Thanks. I’d hate to just follow the crowd blindly.

I felt it was. So I didn’t support it. You don’t, so you did.

You have a real issue with people not agreeing with you don’t you? Why do you think that is?

Users who are viewing this thread