McSheffrey (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

That's clearly not the case.

McSheffrey's a bit crap now, that's reason enough to call for him to be dropped, cut, released, whatever. This stuff about wages and how much he cares is guesswork at best to add ammunition to an argument against him that really doesn't need it - his performance is more than enough justification.

Last edited:

sw88

Chief Commentator!
It's not character assassination if that analogy is true - which it may or may not be.

As for the OP, I have never really sung up in support for McSheff but nor have I booed him. I would not hang my head in shame for singing in support of any of our players. With the possible exception of David Bell.

I'm not saying anyone who sings should hang their head in shame. Just that cringy song i hate!

Obviously lots of people like it / him, and ive accepted i may have been a bit hasty to say the 'hang heads in shame' but, and I don't condone booing.

Atleast the post got people talking, even if most cant agree with one another ;)

WillieStanley

i didnt boo him, never once said i have or would. i just think everyone is entitled to there opinion and can express it however they like. but at the end of the day, he's been awful this season and is way past it now.

Even Hitler?

Everyone is indeed entitled to their opinion and to express it but they also have to take responsibility for that opinion and the manner in which they express it.

Too many times we hear in general society "It's my opinion - I can't help it" as if is aboslves them of any responsibility should people get emotionally or physically hurt. It might be your opinion that McSheff is rubbish, that's fair enough, but save it for pub talk and on here because mindlessly booing during a game can only be negative. Do you think that it will improve him? Do you think the next time he scores a goal or gets an assist he'll say in his interview "Well, to be fair I've been dog shit this season but nothing motivates you like boos and insults for a season regardless as to whether you make a good pass or not - this goal is for those fans, thanks". To the fella who said he was booing because it may highlight to Pressley his form - Have a word with yourself mate. Has any manager EVER responded to that kind of bullying tactic from fans? Managers don't just see their players on a Saturday - they have this thing in the week called training - managers make their selections based on the assessment of that and matchday form. "I really thought McSheffrey was better than Henry - but, thanks to the help of our fans, I can see him for the worthless scum he really is". That notion brings back horrid memories of "Text-A-Sub".

General questions, does every opinion you have need to be expressed. What happens if you express it in wrong way? What happens if your opinion conflicts with someone else with a better insight?

People aren't born with opinions, they form them based on experience and perception. They are not these magic get out of jail free cards just because everyone has them.

I hate blacks - It's just my opinion and I'll express it how I choose. I've chosen to express it on a public internet football forum, regardless as to whether it's the time or place - What can I do about it?

DISCLAIMER: I don't really hate black people, that bit was a lie to prove a point. I also don't believe that people shouldn't have the right to express their opinion, but they should do it in a responsible way appropriate to their circimstances and not cry when people question them. Ironically, this post has stated my opinion on opinions. I believe it was done in an appropriate way at the appropriate time in the appropriate place.:p

Last edited:

WillieStanley

While we're on it - I've met McSheffery on a few occassions, each time in a different capacity and each time he has been more than polite.

the most recent was immediately following the 1-2 home defeat to Swindon. I bumped into him in the corridor with my 3 year old daughter. She recognised him instantly and ran for him screaming "Sheffers". He had a hand full of Subway and obviously wanted to go and eat it but he took plenty of time to have his picture taken with her, give her a hug and talk to her. He wasn't there in any official capacity and didn't have to do that. He did it because he cares.

Heyzeuss84

We should never boo our own players unless it's about the whole teams performance and even then shouldn't be booing when we're winning! I have been disappointed with sheffs performances this season but was disgusted at how some of our fans react. We're in league 1 ffs and I think some of our fans need to get their heads out of their arses and realise that!
No wonder we struggle at home.

pastythegreat

Block 15 first half and after yet another mistake from mcsheffery, the drummer and all his little cronies sang up "we want you no more, we want you no mooooore, garry mcsheffery, we want you no more"! 45 mins of fence sitting later and the cronies had changed gardens "he comes from coventry, hes better than henry"! After 25 years as a season ticket holder, ive seen player after player, team after team booed! Ppl booing leon best one week then wearing masks the next! Kevin kyle, probably the most booed player in a cov shirt i can remember! But that was ok cuz it was the majority vote! Tues night the majority vote booed macca off when he was subbed but come saturday a hanful boo and the majority kicked off! Next friday he'll be at the front of evetones mind and the majority will praise him but a couple of weeks of nothing and he'll slip back under the radar again! Someone else will be the target of the booing (when the majority get off the fence) and this whole thing will be forgoten!

SkyBlue_Bear83

People keep mentioning Sheff getting booed off at Colchester on Tuesday but I don't remember this, there was a lot off booing at the decision to sub Moussa off but I don't remember Sheff being booed off

Nick

Administrator
10529833-1317738599-563086.jpg

coop

Sheffers is earning £7000 a week and is so poor it's crazy yesterday had an easy chance on his left foot and tried to pull back on to his right which gave the defender time to get back.As a rule I don't slag players off but he has been poor for most of the season and carnt unsterstand why he starts.IMO

stupot07

Sheffers is earning £7000 a week and is so poor it's crazy yesterday had an easy chance on his left foot and tried to pull back on to his right which gave the defender time to get back.As a rule I don't slag players off but he has been poor for most of the season and carnt unsterstand why he starts.IMO

There's no way sheff is on £7k per week.

WillieStanley

Wages don't come into it. He has a young family and he took what was offered. You'd do the same, whether it was for Coventry City or any other employer. I'm sure he'll take another cut if/when he renegotiates his new contract.

As for his form, we'll, as has been mentioned, successive managers have seen him as a first team regular this season. I'm not sure what he's done to warrant that but there must be something. He doesn't pick himself. His most deadly asset during his first spell at the club was his pace which has obviously gone. He's low on confidence and making silly mistakes. However, he genuinely puts 100% in every time and I can imagine he's genuinely gutted by fans negative reaction towards him.

coop

i said that yesterday a confident sheffers would of probably hit that shot first time but against shrewsbury he went around the goalkeeper and missed an open goal i just dont think he warrants a start.We cannot afford to pay someone at the end of his days £7000 a week

stupot07

i said that yesterday a confident sheffers would of probably hit that shot first time but against shrewsbury he went around the goalkeeper and missed an open goal i just dont think he warrants a start.We cannot afford to pay someone at the end of his days £7000 a week
I dont believe sheff is on £7k per week.

Gint11

Gary Mcsheffrey had a poor game yesterday, is having a poor season for his known ability/standard and as poor as I thought he was, you never boo your own players, their wearing the shirt. Cant you lot see that booing a player isnt going to help matters? Its clear to see the players are borderline scared to play in front of us at home and I can see why. Carl Baker who without a doubt has been our best player this season said so on facebook 1) in response to a question and 2) as constructive feedback and he got abused for it. SUPPORT through thick and thin - even more so regarding players. Let the manager manage FFS

coop

A reply concerning baker gives the ball away on numerous occasions in every game(more than any other player on the pitch)but his effort seems to make you overlook that.

I also heard people shouting at baker, screaming get him off & doing donkey noises .. This was 15 mins into the match FFS!! No wonder we play the way we do at home!

Seriously these people are total morons, trying impress their equally moronic Freinds

Totally agree about home form! The players must be dreading the ball coming near them! To all the boo boys (and girls) get a life, the clue is in the name "supporters". Booing every time someone gets the ball is hardly "support".

I booed him and the mongs giving it the biggun to us were very funny indeed. We're all very much entitled to our own opinion and my £22 paid today for a ticket includes the right to boo who I want when I want.
Your 22pounds obviously also gives you the right to destroy the confidence of the team you say you support. Hmmm Nice one, keep up the good work!!!

I've just seen 2 people ratings on another thread. Mcsheffery was rated 3/4 by the 2 people. On the city Facebook page people questioning why he's playing for so long. On here people asking why he's getting 88 mins & moussa is being subbed earlier.

And you said booing didn't do anything!!

This isn't the normal reactions he gets given a nominal 6 for game ratings & no one mentions him - like he's forgotten for his week after week shocking performances.

But today.

After uproar & controversy by a group of fans PEOPLE ACTUALLY SEE HIM FOR WHAT HE'S FOR!!

my job is done. Boo you next week sheffers.
Hang on. You've decided you're going to boo him BEFORE the game. Very objective, yes he's having a bad run and yes I would leave him out, but to have your mind made up already is totally dumb, I hope he plays, scores a hat trick and comes over and bares his arse at you!:)

Covstu

unbelievable statements from fecking idiots. I do not see why booing him is going to make him play any better or the manager to drop him. Clearly the manager feels he can do a job on the left and there is no one better at present. He didn't have a good game yesterday and has been poor recently but absolutely no need to boo you own bloody playe:jerkit::jerkit:r!!

Mr T - Sukka!

Never had a problem with macca. Just as many other players are off key Jennings & Bailey for 2. Anyway who gives 2 shits if he is in a winning team? 3 points and play crap every day of the week please!

covan

Block 15 first half and after yet another mistake from mcsheffery, the drummer and all his little cronies sang up "we want you no more, we want you no mooooore, garry mcsheffery, we want you no more"! 45 mins of fence sitting later and the cronies had changed gardens "he comes from coventry, hes better than henry"! After 25 years as a season ticket holder, ive seen player after player, team after team booed! Ppl booing leon best one week then wearing masks the next! Kevin kyle, probably the most booed player in a cov shirt i can remember! But that was ok cuz it was the majority vote! Tues night the majority vote booed macca off when he was subbed but come saturday a hanful boo and the majority kicked off! Next friday he'll be at the front of evetones mind and the majority will praise him but a couple of weeks of nothing and he'll slip back under the radar again! Someone else will be the target of the booing (when the majority get off the fence) and this whole thing will be forgoten!

Best post in this thread.

thechase

Im very much in the camp of if you pay your money your entitled to do what you want, within the boundaries. McSheffrey isnt, and never has been, a good player. The day Birmingham paid £3m for him i went out to party. People are blinded by the fact he is a local lad, therefore he must be given a chance. Cameron is a local lad but i dont see much outpouring of support for him. I rarely boo players but id rather that than constantly leave games having shouted myself hoarse cursing McSheffrey everytime he screws up another chance. Some people on here are outraged at the booing and vilify any fan who does it yet have often claimed to never support the club again if certain things happen....and they are still here giving their opinion about how fans should always support the team!! Nice to see hypocrisy is alive and well on here.

Gint11

A reply concerning baker gives the ball away on numerous occasions in every game(more than any other player on the pitch)but his effort seems to make you overlook that.

I dont overlook anything. The fact hes scored 14 goals from midfield proves hes bringing more to the table than effort COOP. Ive always said to my mates at games that hes frustrating at times because he tries too hard. That is his only criticism as far as Im concerned. The abuse he gets is mindless.

Users who are viewing this thread