McSheffrey (2 Viewers)

Great servant?? Was that before or after he fooked off to b'ham? Besides, i cant remember the last time he served a decent cross or corner!! Hes well past it and draing money from a club that doesnt have any!!

Firstly a player has very little choice if a club want to sell him but either way it brought £3 million into the club only for us to get him back for nowt, now I call that good business, secondly I'll jog your very short memory................http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8555100/scunthorpe-1-2-coventry

pastythegreat

pastythegreat

That neither secures or wins your agument! Thatz one assist, one of seven!! Seven assists from a winger

Fleck 2012/13 season 27apps. 15starts, 12 from the bench.......... 2goals 6assists. The legend that is garry mcsheffery..................................... 42apps, 2 goals 7assists well done that man!!! We all dream of a team of garry macs, a team of garry macs, number 1 mcsheffery number 2 mcsheffery ans so on u retard

covboy9

he wasn't good enough for leeds in league one a few years ago! the fans have spoken, he'll be putting the cones out next season

Warwickhunt

The Guy is carrying an injury and is doing himself no favours by playing as he is now becoming the fans Patsy to slag off.

covan

http://www.skybluesblog.co.uk/mcsheffrey-whoa-whoa-whoa/

Great post on this blog. ^
I've admitted on here that I boo'd & I've gave my reasons why. I most probably won't be doing it again. Look at the uproar it's caused this time. I will however be placing large stakes on McSheffery to score in each of the next few games. Especially on Good Friday. At the end of the day if he's either just received a kick up the arse by hearing it, if he's just decide he wants to stick it to the boo boys (me) by scoring & then running over to where we sit with his hand by his ear trying to say 'who's booing now' or even if he just plays brilliant because after the booing occurred he had a massive boost to his ego because there are a good selection of fans willing to stand up for him. (By singing his name & starting fights in his honour) then in my opinion he's rised above it and proved me wrong & if it continues on the pitch them ill be even happier.

Someone has mentioned on here that there is a 'boo bit' mentality. Like its decided before he does anything & he doesn't have a chance.. The reason he was only boo'd in the 2nd half yesterday is because he has had his chance.

I'm also considering singing "you only scored cuz we boo'd ya" - if he scores !

duffer

I'm staggered by the mentality of 'fans' that choose to boo their own players, especially during a game.

To try to justify booing an individual by saying that it might draw the manager's attention to a poor performance is frankly, ludicrous. As is the assertion that booing might somehow improve a player's game.

Conversely, I can think of plenty of examples when getting behind a player (or a team) when they're clearly low on confidence seems to spur them on. And that, I thought, is a part of what we're supposed to do as fans. It seems to work quite well away from home, at the moment.

I'm all for freedom of expression though. To those who choose to express that freedom by ceaselessly booing one player, expect to be challenged robustly and directly by those who disagree. No point in whining on here about it. If you're going to a game prepared to boo your own team, then be ready to get some stick for it. Freedom of expression cuts both ways.

So, those rude words that you're going to hear, and the boos directed at you - they're not personal. Even though I can see that they might seem a bit hostile and a bit upsetting, it's just people pointing out that as a fan your game isn't good enough any more. I'm sure you'll understand. Maybe it's just time for you to move on.

skybluesteve76

Ok Nick. He should be dropped. We both agree that. So what's the answer to get it done? Please tell me I'm not being sarcastic. We both agree. He should be dropped. So how do we get him dropped? I chose to boo him to get him dropped. If you think of a better way I will try it your way.

Nothin we do can get him dropped!!

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

NottsCov

I was one of them booing him & my choice in doing this was to hopefully gain some notice from the manager that he's past his best, he's not good enough & shouldn't be on the pitch. The booing I did was during the game for the 1st time in a long time but when he was subbed last week he was boo'd off by the whole crowd. We boo'd early so people decide to argue with us. Then people joined in arguing with us in force. We carried on & he was subbed. Then we nearly got in to a fight for booing as having an opinion is fine at the Ricoh - as long as its the same as everyone else's.

Tosser. I was in 15 and sang the McSheffrey song loud and proud, and hoped the fella who ran over to confront the booing twats nutted one of them. Booing your team as a collective is a disgrace in itself but to boo individual players is disgusting.

covcity4life

i dont agree with booing a player during the game but singing the name of someone who is clearly playing utter shite is kinda dumb too, its never given him confidence before after all

what i do is remain silent and just pray everytime he gets the ball he doesnt mess up, when he does people are going to sigh, human nature

covan

Tosser. I was in 15 and sang the McSheffrey song loud and proud, and hoped the fella who ran over to confront the booing twats nutted one of them. Booing your team as a collective is a disgrace in itself but to boo individual players is disgusting.

No he ran over & stopped and ran back.

I've admitted on here that I boo'd & I've gave my reasons why. I most probably won't be doing it again. Look at the uproar it's caused this time. I will however be placing large stakes on McSheffery to score in each of the next few games. Especially on Good Friday. At the end of the day if he's either just received a kick up the arse by hearing it, if he's just decide he wants to stick it to the boo boys (me) by scoring & then running over to where we sit with his hand by his ear trying to say 'who's booing now' or even if he just plays brilliant because after the booing occurred he had a massive boost to his ego because there are a good selection of fans willing to stand up for him. (By singing his name & starting fights in his honour) then in my opinion he's rised above it and proved me wrong & if it continues on the pitch them ill be even happier.

Someone has mentioned on here that there is a 'boo bit' mentality. Like its decided before he does anything & he doesn't have a chance.. The reason he was only boo'd in the 2nd half yesterday is because he has had his chance.

LMAO It is "decided before he does anything" as far as you're concerned! The following is a line from your post from yesterday: my job is done. Boo you next week sheffers. Doh!!:claping hands:

Nonleagueherewecome

Thanks for the link, it's a great blog. And people really do need to listen to what Wright says about booing in the video at the bottom!

Users who are viewing this thread