McSheffrey (2 Viewers)

hill83

He believes people are saying Sheff was poor today because he booed Sheff
Despite people saying he has been shite for the whole season

Oh! Haha, that's worse! He has been pretty poor most of the season, that's not news.

shmmeee

Anything but undying support during the match is wrong IMO, however the frustrations boil over and I've shouted abuse on more than one occasion.

However I think booing is something on another level especially as its calculated and not born out of passion.

Those that boo: have you considered that the negative impact affects every player on the pitch? Do you want a team of players that are afraid to play at home lest they become the next boo boy?

Oh, wait, you've got that.

ajsccfc

Person in crowd: "McSheffrey's been fantastic!!!!"

Covan: "boooooooooooo"

Person: "This guy's right, what have I been thinking? McSheffrey wasn't very good at all"

THAT'S HOW IT WORKS

shoesmith81

No I won't calm down, I am sick of short sighted fans booing our own, did anyone boo him last season? No, did anyone boo him when he played for us in his first spell? No!! Should we boo him now? NO!!!!' He's one of our own and I would rather people don't turn up if they are going to boo our own players

Agree 100% with you!

Booing does nothing to inspire a player to do well!

ajsccfc

I thought you were making great points through the thread Covan, but then someone said you were being ridiculous so I believe that now.

Cv3cov

Mcsheffery is a disgrace just because he's from cov clouds people's judgement. He was quick to feck of to brum where he FAILED
Quick to re sign for city on big wages, absolute disgrace, you'd thought he would want to shine in this league but no clearly happy
Pickin up big wages Get rid ASAP

cloughie

I have always liked Mcsheffery yet he has been poor most of the season and worse the last couple of games or so yet has supplied good crosses on the odd occasion.
I think he should have been dropped but to boo any player is pathetic

put yourself in the place of where you miss a sitter in front of 10,000 people would you feel s*it probabley

Then some 'fans' boo you , yes that will help , now probably hoping not to make another mistake rather than concentrating on your normal game
Boo boys F**k OFF

Cv3cov

So a player on top wages isn't putting in a full shift AGAIN so lets sit there and say NOTHING
Once he heard that booing he briefly started to put himself about a bit. Surely as as very well paid professional
His response to his home crowd should be to up his game, he is well aware we can forgive his ineptitude, so long as he appears
To be at least giving his best efforts. Please explain how else a fan can let him know our displeasure. Reading this forum after the game is to late!

tippex9

Mid-table without him? Interesting, I'd say higher without.

Baker has 14 goals from the opposite flank, our system encourages them to push on and support McG/Clarke/McDonald. Sheff has missed two chances from two yards out in two games this week. He has no pace, beats nobody, constantly loses possession, produces one decent cross in ten, regularly fails to support his fullback and bottles tackles regularly.

I don't hate him & will never boo him but he's well beyond his best & shouldn't be in the side.

cloughie

So a player on top wages isn't putting in a full shift AGAIN so lets sit there and say NOTHING
Once he heard that booing he briefly started to put himself about a bit. Surely as as very well paid professional
His response to his home crowd should be to up his game, he is well aware we can forgive his ineptitude, so long as he appears
To be at least giving his best efforts. Please explain how else a fan can let him know our displeasure. Reading this forum after the game is to late!

That will be it he wasn't trying until then

Boo away:facepalm:

Cv3cov

That will be it he wasn't trying until then

Boo away:facepalm:

Please explain how I and everyone else in the ground (apart from block 15) who thought he should have been subbed at half time should show our
Anger at yet another poor performance from a player on top wages with a club with limited funds. Shall I send an angry email after the match?

pastythegreat

I dont have a problem with booing the whole team at full time after a poor performance.

I do have a problem with picking out certain players to boo. If a player isn't up to it then its up to the manager to take him off. If the manager gets it wrong, then surely its him you should have the problem with?
So im aloud to boo the whole team but not an individual? Even when its only one player im frustrated with, i have to take my frustrations out on the other ten players. And it is the manager who puts him on the pitch weekly but wat am i meant to do? Make a call the the fansfone in the dugout for a quick chat??? No thought not, im gonna boo and hopefully the manager will notice it abd pull him off

ajsccfc

If any manager makes decisions influenced by crowd reaction we're in more shit than we even thought possible.

pastythegreat

Two days after crewe done us 0-3 in the jpt, a friend of mine saw mcsheffery in town and passed comment on us being unlucky and it was a bit of a sh1t 1 (not agresavely or funnily in anyway, just making conversation) mcshefferys response was "I dont give a fuk" turned around and walked away! And thats the thing, all he gives a fuck about is where his next bags coming from! He is sh1t well past his best and costing the club FAR too much in wages! Were carrying dead wood! Ok, maybe i was wrong to boo but how else do i make my frustrations know to the manager! Send a snotty email, call the fansfone in the dugout?

pastythegreat

I have always liked Mcsheffery yet he has been poor most of the season and worse the last couple of games or so yet has supplied good crosses on the odd occasion.
I think he should have been dropped but to boo any player is pathetic

put yourself in the place of where you miss a sitter in front of 10,000 people would you feel s*it probabley

Then some 'fans' boo you , yes that will help , now probably hoping not to make another mistake rather than concentrating on your normal game
Boo boys F**k OFF

Put yourself in the boots of someone getting paid in excess of five grand a week and justify a couple of assists and just two goals in a season!! Now dont tell me hes depressed from the booing thats y he cant scoce!

ajsccfc

Two days after crewe done us 0-3 in the jpt, a friend of mine saw mcsheffery in town and passed comment on us being unlucky and it was a bit of a sh1t 1 (not agresavely or funnily in anyway, just making conversation) mcshefferys response was "I dont give a fuk" turned around and walked away! And thats the thing, all he gives a fuck about is where his next bags coming from! He is sh1t well past his best and costing the club FAR too much in wages! Were carrying dead wood! Ok, maybe i was wrong to boo but how else do i make my frustrations know to the manager! Send a snotty email, call the fansfone in the dugout?

c) forward scurrilous character assassinations

Flying Fokker

Put yourself in the boots of someone getting paid in excess of five grand a week and justify a couple of assists and just two goals in a season!! Now dont tell me hes depressed from the booing thats y he cant scoce!
I'll be honest with you now....I couldn't do it.

Also. He gets paid enough to put up with the hassle that the game brings.

Sheffs been a great servant to this club and yes his current form is well below par for him BUT the last 2 managers have given him a regular slot in the starting line up so have they both been wrong or do they see something we don't?
Not a great fan of internet trolls slating our players via their twitter/facebook accounts either as no matter what they say it must effect them and will inevitably show in their game, just my humble opinion..........................

pastythegreat

Sheffs been a great servant to this club and yes his current form is well below par for him BUT the last 2 managers have given him a regular slot in the starting line up so have they both been wrong or do they see something we don't?
Not a great fan of internet trolls slating our players via their twitter/facebook accounts either as no matter what they say it must effect them and will inevitably show in their game, just my humble opinion..........................

Great servant?? Was that before or after he fooked off to b'ham? Besides, i cant remember the last time he served a decent cross or corner!! Hes well past it and draing money from a club that doesnt have any!!

CJparker

c) forward scurrilous character assassinations

It's not character assassination if that analogy is true - which it may or may not be.

As for the OP, I have never really sung up in support for McSheff but nor have I booed him. I would not hang my head in shame for singing in support of any of our players. With the possible exception of David Bell.

Nick

Administrator
Do all servants get paid about 5k a week?

theferret

I know, right? And nearly all those fans singing that song don't actually support by far the greatest team the world has ever seen too.

Exactly, unless people really do think our accent is 'exceedingly rare' or that Shrewsbury really is a shit hole and they want to go home.

Literal interpretations of football chants. Whatever next.

Users who are viewing this thread