McSheffrey in the Oak Sunday night/Monday morning (1 Viewer)

spooki cov lad

this story from the oak is real and to say stalking is a bit strong . i dont know him and i was there as the realist on here will prove ..........

torchomatic

By jingo, you're right! I have re-arranged the letters in SPOOKI COV LAD and spelt out "My name is Gary McSheffrey and I love fags".

hhhmmmmm considering spooki has only joined today and it was his first post is all a bit suss plus, was he watching Gary Mac ALL night??? :thinking about:

Perryccfc

Omg a human being was in a pub! Call the police! Jesus Christ these are people not robots. Let them have a bloody life!

spooki cov lad

cus wyken . the story from the oak was from the video on my face book . as a video of him enjoying him self in the oak . i heard he was on this furom . about his celeibration night out . there was a party of about 40 people either wedding or christining and he was part of it . on speaking to him as a cov fan and prem club about the result . he was not happy . as so where the fans ...bottom line is the whole club needs resructor ...not just one player

CUS Wyken

By jingo, you're right! I have re-arranged the letters in SPOOKI COV LAD and spelled out "My name is Gary McSheffrey and I love fags".

There you go, weren't hard was it...

I'm sure Spooki couldn't have seen Gary Mac all night. Earlier you questioned McSheffrey actually been there...

My mate has no reason to lie about McSheffrey having a fag. Simple as that.

CUS Wyken

cus wyken . the story from the oak was from the video on my face book . as a video of him enjoying him self in the oak . i heard he was on this furom . about his celeibration night out . there was a party of about 40 people either wedding or christining and he was part of it . on speaking to him as a cov fan and prem club about the result . he was not happy . as so where the fans ...bottom line is the whole club needs resructor ...not just one player

Spooki, i know lads who were there too. I haven't seen your video yet but i was told McSheffrey was there and my mate seen him smoking. In my eyes him smoking is unprofessional. Hence why i started the thread.

I just thought i'd raise it on here expecting a few bites but a 15 pager in 5 hours must be a record. :D

Sick Boy

Spooki, i know lads who were there too. I haven't seen your video yet but i was told McSheffrey was there and my mate seen him smoking. In my eyes him smoking is unprofessional. Hence why i started the thread.

I just thought i'd raise it on here expecting a few bites but a 15 pager in 5 hours must be a record. :D

At least now people won't use the argument of the fitness coach as well!! :D

CUS Wyken

At least now people won't use the argument of the fitness coach as well!! :D

:D

Makes me laugh how, certain posters got that worked up and actually believed smoking doesn't effect players fitness. Priceless.

Gary Mac will be doing the Embassy NO1 slogans soon..... smoke NO1, a cigarette which doesn't decrease your fitness

spooki cov lad

cus wyken .....cheers i was there and did video him doing a shit westlife on karaoke ....he stayed till end 4am ....never any trouble . but was chatting to some birds all night . about 2ft way ...before you ask ,he left with his brother .....as for the smoking well........as for the drinking .....i would drink myself shitfaced if i had that result the day before..........lets justy hope this richard keys and andy gray thing with hoffman gets of the ground

Real

It's not the 1st time I've heard he likes a fag, I can only assume he got The Oak mixed up with Rainbows.:D

CUS Wyken

cus wyken .....cheers i was there and did video him doing a shit westlife on karaoke ....he stayed till end 4am ....never any trouble . but was chatting to some birds all night . about 2ft way ...before you ask ,he left with his brother .....as for the smoking well........as for the drinking .....i would drink myself shitfaced if i had that result the day before..........lets justy hope this richard keys and andy gray thing with hoffman gets of the ground

Too right mate. As for His bro, i might start a thread on the Cov Spinhx forum saying my mate seen Danny coming out the toliet and his nose was bleeding... ;)

Sick Boy

Did he mention how the mood in the squad was overall?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Not sure this deserved 16 pages - If true it shows a poor choice by Sheffers nothing more. If a regular habit it will affect his performance in training and match days - but i am sure he knows that. However he is entitled to have drink and time out on his day off just like we are.

It kind of reminds me of the 70's when quite a few top division players regularly hit the bottle and smoked like troopers then played. However things have moved on and its no longer appropriate to expect to perform at a high level following such "fun" times. Is it an ethos in our club (always used to be) if so we set our standards too low. But then again it is a general thing in society.

But it is personal choice and the thought police have not banned it yet. In the end it harms him more than benefits because of health and earning potential being affected

Think you might find it is more of a problem in the less successful teams - but that's just an opinion

Last edited:

WillieStanley

If you want to make it about the theories on addiction we can but I doubt anyone else would be interested.

I stated that control of addiction is a choice that people make. Whether they chose to control it or not is completely up to then. It's not impossible to control triggers to addiction and, yes, at the beginning, it's hard. If you are strong enough, committed enough and take the right advice, then it is doable.

Would you like to come and see me at my office... maybe I can help?

Sick Boy

If you want to make it about the theories on addiction we can but I doubt anyone else would be interested.

I stated that control of addiction is a choice that people make. Whether they chose to control it or not is completely up to then. It's not impossible to control triggers to addiction and, yes, at the beginning, it's hard. If you are strong enough, committed enough and take the right advice, then it is doable.

Would you like to come and see me at my office... maybe I can help?

It is actually something I find very interesting and I understand your reasoning and I would like to discuss it further, but I do not live in Coventry any more.

The point I am trying to make is that if he is smoking whilst he is drinking, I am not naive enough to believe that this is the first time. Maybe he is able to control his addiction to smoking when he is sober, but when he drinks he begins smoking. Would you say this is an addiction he is in control of? I am not so sure it would be, especially if he was smoking every week.

skybluebolland

Jesus because they r footballers they can not have a life. I hope people's bosses who are complaining don't see them out on a Saturday night,even tho they have Sunday to recover before returning to there respective jobs on Monday,some people on here make u laugh ok results and performances are not good enough agreed but are we all the best at our jobs
You are the biggest idiot. When we return to our jobs on Monday, are we preparing for a game the following week. We mostly work in offices, not professional footballers. I think considering our current situation it would probably be a better tactic to avoid the smoking and drinking...
Obviously, there are many fans on here that would love to sack thorn etc etc etc, but a far cheaper option would be to stop players going on the lash and smoking. The reason they get paid so much is because their lives are under so much scrutiny, and they should honor that and behave properly.
One last thing, for anybody says that the reason we concede late goals because thorn doesn't make subs, perhaps our guys should stop smoking, put some effort in, pull themselves together and get out there and do something for themselves.
Long live non-smokers....

WillieStanley

I get that. I, like you also wouldn't have thought that, if he was smoking on Sunday, that it was his first time. I see where you're coming from. My issue isn't with the level at which he is smoking, it is the uproar it has caused when there simply aren't any facts.

Now, I'm not saying that CUS is lying, or that his friends are lying, but the truth is, none of us, including CUS, can be 100% certain that he was smoking, let alone the frequency of his cigarettes.

I don't understand this when, for the most part, he has performed well for us. Granted he's not in his glory years anymore but he's not a player of whom we having been slating of late. Maybe at the begining of the season, but certainly not since he's scored however many goals in however many home games.

ccfcdan

Ive only read 9 pages of this topic so i apoligise in advance if this has already been asked. What fags does he smoke? Im guess as he's a Cov player he's on Sovreign and not Embassy?? I love this forum. The debating is at a really high standard!

canleykid

What I don't get is we've conceded so many late goals as were not fit then you here the players are out on the piss till the early hours then they get a day off training,surely if your conceding late goals through lack of fitness you should train harder,I hope thorn starts to get them in on mondays as were entering a very Important stage of the season and we need to be fit,

Regis87

I went out on the piss on Sunday night but at work on monday after my sausage and egg batch at 10am I was outstanding

brinner

Some good points CUS but I don't think he's a 60 a day man tbh though so I don't see it being a major issue unless he is a regular smoker then I do. I think you're being naive if you think most players don't have a 'blow out' from time to time. The difference is most do it in exclusive hotels and posh wine bars not as he's done the biggest dive in Cov! I admit the timing is wrong but I haven't heard any stories of loutish behaviour or 'roasting' and my main point was I respect him for mixing with the fans and not being a billy big boots!

He cant afford any exclusive hotels or a posh wine bar now mcindoes gave all his money away! :facepalm:

Earlsdon-Loyal-Blue

Firstly,is the oak the one by the campbell in town?I rate mcsheffrey but to be honest, ive lost count of the amount of stories I've heard about him.he used to live on the leamington road near me and hes been mentioned with drugs plenty of times,to name a couple,like when he was at birmingham and mysteriously was out injured for a couple of weeks with gary oconnor or why in his first spell he used to go down to jumping jacks regularly with his other chavvy footballer buddies and then all of a sudden,after being chucked out of there,he all of a sudden stopped going whilst his mates carried on.He goes out quite a bit and hes a bit of a dodgy bastard but we don't watch football because they are really nice blokes of the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread