McSheffrey in the Oak Sunday night/Monday morning (2 Viewers)

CUS Wyken

After his awful performance he was up the Oak in Town Sunday night and the dafty was smoking.

So i take it No training on Monday then despite a shocking display. No wonder were in the bottom 3. Manager giving players the monday off and players smoking and drinking at 3 in the morning in a shithole.

:pimp:

Sick Boy

After his awful performance he was up the Oak in Town Sunday night and the dafty was smoking.

So i take it No training on Monday then despite a shocking display. No wonder were in the bottom 3. Manager giving players the monday off and players smoking and drinking at 3 in the morning in a shithole.

:pimp:

It says it all about the way the squad is being handled by the management.

Utter disgraceful and insulting to the club and the supporters.

Marty

Players are paid top money to keep themselves in tip top shape, If they don't like the deal then there would be millions to swap places with them. I don't mind them going out and having a few beers, they're are young men after all, but smoking & eating crap is just simply not good enough.

Thorn should be running the players into the ground this week after that 'display' on Saturday.

dongonzalos

It says it all about the way the squad is being handled by the management.

Utter disgraceful and insulting to the club and the supporters.

Yep Giggs, Keane, Rooney have been seen out drinking Fergie is a shit manager isnt he.

They are just a quick couple of players off the top of my head however you could list of 100's of players.

I am not saying whether the players been out is right or not. However it is quite a leap of faith to say becasue they went out on a Sunday night that the management is bad

Sick Boy

Yep Giggs, Keane, Rooney have been seen out drinking Fergie is a shit manager isnt he.

They are just a quick couple of players off the top of my head however you could list of 100's of players.

I am not saying whether the players been out is right or not. However it is quite a leap of faith to say becasue they went out on a Sunday night that the management is bad

hahaha!! So now we are comparing our 'players' to some of the greats....and Andy Thorn with Ferguson. I know you are a WUM but come on....

I am sure that Ferguson would have had them in first thing Monday morning if he had been in charge of us versus Forest.

Sick Boy

Players are paid top money to keep themselves in tip top shape, If they don't like the deal then there would be millions to swap places with them. I don't mind them going out and having a few beers, they're are young men after all, but smoking & eating crap is just simply not good enough.

Thorn should be running the players into the ground this week after that 'display' on Saturday.

Exactly!!

He is now being compared with Sir Alex though, what a joke.

dongonzalos is a good WUM.

Last edited:

CUS Wyken

I doubt Ferguson would be happy to see his players on the lash at 3am day after a humilating defeat smoking. He'd have them in bright and early in training monday morning.

Im sure Rooney been dropped before becasue of off the field drinking aswell.

CUS Wyken

1 thing players r allowed a life 2 if the had a christening well done to andy for allowing them monday off .

So ok for them smoking? No wonder McSheffrey was blowing out of his arse after 60 mins Saturday.

They can have a sociable life all they want once they've finished playing football but while WE pay there wages i expect some respect especially after Saturdays shambles.. I couldn't care if we were flying high in the league but were not.

Last edited:

Sick Boy

Mcsheffrey probably knows he can get away with it with the current managerial team, utter embarrassment.

dongonzalos

hahaha!! So now we are comparing our 'players' to some of the greats....and Andy Thorn with Ferguson. I know you are a WUM but come on....

I am sure that Ferguson would have had them in first thing Monday morning if he had been in charge of us versus Forest.

Ha ha Sick boy your really are a little bit slow, so I take you read that post and interpreted as
Andy Thorn is as good as Alex Ferguson.
Again with you logic please stick to the anti Thorn bandwagon you do our job for us

Sick Boy

Ha ha Sick boy your really are a little bit slow, so I take you read that post and interpreted as
Andy Thorn is as good as Alex Ferguson.
Again with you logic please stick to the anti Thorn bandwagon you do our job for us

You were the one comparing them, not me.

You are the one who has claimed Thorn is 'shit hot' and 'forgot he was human'.

Oh dear.

Delboycov

I think we often complain that footballers are too aloof these days with their big money and flash lifestyles. I do miss the days when I'd see e.g. half the 87 team getting wasted in the Red Lion and mixing with the real fans. As long as he wasn't doing a Kevin Thornton I don't have a problem with it-I know him and he's a good lad and is 'one of us' as is his family. It's not like he was conmitting the cardinal sin of eating a pizza after a defeat!

CUS Wyken

I think we often complain that footballers are too aloof these days with their big money and flash lifestyles. I do miss the days when I'd see e.g. half the 87 team getting wasted in the Red Lion and mixing with the real fans. As long as he wasn't doing a Kevin Thornton I don't have a problem with it-I know him and he's a good lad and is 'one of us' as is his family. It's not like he was conmitting the cardinal sin of eating a pizza after a defeat!

Difference is... the 87 team was successful and most players/teams were the same. Our crop of 2012 are not and football has changed since then. McSheffrey was fucked last 30 mins Saturday and many blame the fitness on having no fitness coach. Smoking & Drinking might be a issue too eh.

I'm all for players enjoying themselves but once they've finished football. Lets be honest. By the time there mid 30's they will have finished and can enjoy the lifestyle of a sunday night up the oak if they wish.

And you think its fine for him to be smoking? That could be the reason why players are fucked last 10 mins eh

Dean Allsop

for god sake get a life, are they not allowed a social life go with the family eat and drink what they like, these players are fit doesnt matter if they smoke, I bet half of the people on here smoke but couldnt run up the stairs let alone for forty five minutes with a 15 minute break before doing it again, Zidane smoked all the way through his career he is one of the worlds greatest players............ enough said.

Sick Boy

Even if you are a professional athlete, smoking will seriously affect your performance. The game has changed from what it used to be.

I would like to have seen Thorn ban drinking and smoking until the end of the season to try and have the players performing at their best. Probably too much to ask from the little lambs though.

craigus12

My brother in law caught mcsheffrey and a few other players (he's a west ham fan so he didn't really know who they were) in the cross at kenilworth on a sunday afternoon. They were smashed out their brains just before christmas, and it followed a defeat.

:thinking about:

ashbyjan

I would be appalled if I saw our first team squad in the pub drinking alcohol - half of them are under age after all

rob9872

New forum low :(

Delboycov

Some good points CUS but I don't think he's a 60 a day man tbh though so I don't see it being a major issue unless he is a regular smoker then I do. I think you're being naive if you think most players don't have a 'blow out' from time to time. The difference is most do it in exclusive hotels and posh wine bars not as he's done the biggest dive in Cov! I admit the timing is wrong but I haven't heard any stories of loutish behaviour or 'roasting' and my main point was I respect him for mixing with the fans and not being a billy big boots!

Marty

for god sake get a life, are they not allowed a social life go with the family eat and drink what they like, these players are fit doesnt matter if they smoke, I bet half of the people on here smoke but couldnt run up the stairs let alone for forty five minutes with a 15 minute break before doing it again, Zidane smoked all the way through his career he is one of the worlds greatest players............ enough said.

Difference being that Zidane was a footballer, People like Scholes/Zidane don't need to run around to make themselves look good, they always have a worker (ie Keane, Fletcher) doing the running for them.

CUS Wyken

Some good points CUS but I don't think he's a 60 a day man tbh though so I don't see it being a major issue unless he is a regular smoker then I do. I think you're being naive if you think most players don't have a 'blow out' from time to time. The difference is most do it in exclusive hotels and posh wine bars not as he's done the biggest dive in Cov! I admit the timing is wrong but I haven't heard any stories of loutish behaviour or 'roasting' and my main point was I respect him for mixing with the fans and not being a billy big boots!

I understand what you mean mate but 2) issues i have are:

Smoking - I read many on here moaning we don't have a fitness coach and thats why we lose in the last 10 mins but i'd more concerned of players smoking. I started smoking at 15, by 16 it affected my football and i was only on 10 a day.

Timing - We lost a massive game Saturday and if i was Thorn i'd be getting the players in for extra training. Most important period of the season now and we need to working on fitness and set pieces for Saturday.

CUS Wyken

Yawn....... Like we all would be clean living athletes, time to dismount gracefully from the high horses....

If i was a footballer and just had a poor game i certainly wouldn't be smoking and secondly up the oak at 3am on a monday morning. I'd save that lifestyle for my retirement.

Unfortunately I’m not so... I love going the pub and smoking 15 cigs a day and have a couple of pints after work.

The difference is these are ‘Professional’ footballers. Not very professional smoking eh. Even many Saturday players wouldn’t dream of smoking to affect there playing and there only on £30 a game.

Users who are viewing this thread