McSheffrey in the Oak Sunday night/Monday morning (1 Viewer)

CUS Wyken

George Best smoked like a chimney and drank and ate whatever he wanted, it might have killed him in the end, but I don't seem to remember it affecting his football.

so is Mcsheffrey the same standard as best now? behave.

Real

I was in the Dev Sunday night, and I was contemplating going to the Oak but I'd already had enough so I got a curry from the Imran Balti instead.

As for the team being on the piss, I'm not privvy to their actual training times and days they actually do train, however, maybe it was agreed with Thorn in advance that they could have the Monday off due to them going to a Christening on the Sunday? I personally think Thorn has missed a trick in the art of man management and getting the best out of his players, because if I knew there was a Christening and the lads wanted to go, I would have told them their performance against Forest would dictate whether or not I would be having them in Monday morning. As we now know, their performance meant they would have been in, but if they knew beforehand they may have got the Monday off if they performed well, maybe, just maybe the kid who scored the 1st goal totally unchallenged, he may have got a kick on the ankle before he got any where near our goal?

As for footballers smoking, I personally don't agree with it, but then I don't like smoking full stop. I know a few years ago my cousin was stood yards away from Rooney in an Ibiza nightclub and he said he was proper "chaining it", sparking up within minutes of putting one out. Now I don't believe Rooney has lived up to the hype in an England shirt, he has had one good tournament and that was when he was an unknown 18-year old. If anybody doesn't think chain-smoking affects an athletes performance long term then I beg to differ.

CUS Wyken

I was in the Dev Sunday night, and I was contemplating going to the Oak but I'd already had enough so I got a curry from the Imran Balti instead.

As for the team being on the piss, I'm not privvy to their actual training times and days they actually do train, however, maybe it was agreed with Thorn in advance that they could have the Monday off due to them going to a Christening on the Sunday? I personally think Thorn has missed a trick in the art of man management and getting the best out of his players, because if I knew there was a Christening and the lads wanted to go, I would have told them their performance against Forest would dictate whether or not I would be having them in Monday morning. As we now know, their performance meant they would have been in, but if they knew beforehand they may have got the Monday off if they performed well, maybe, just maybe the kid who scored the 1st goal totally unchallenged, he may have got a kick on the ankle before he got any where near our goal?

As for footballers smoking, I personally don't agree with it, but then I don't like smoking full stop. I know a few years ago my cousin was stood yards away from Rooney in an Ibiza nightclub and he said he was proper "chaining it", sparking up within minutes of putting one out. Now I don't believe Rooney has lived up to the hype in an England shirt, he has had one good tournament and that was when he was an unknown 18-year old. If anybody doesn't think chain-smoking affects an athletes performance long term then I beg to differ.

I was down the Dev sunday night and the lads who i was with were the one's who seen him.

WillieStanley

This thread is the most bizzare I've EVER read!!

11 pages on the possiblity of Sheffers being in an unlikely place having a cigarette whilst being on the lash, 5 days prior to our next match.

I'm sure if he smokes in moderation it isn't going to interfere too much. Actually, Sheffers, whilst having a bit of a mixed season, has been one of the stand out players when on form. In fact, he's now the clubs top scorer isn't he? To compare him with Fat Freddie (Bam-Balam) is mental!!

Had there been evidence published of "Gary's 10-a-day Secret" or "McShufty Performs The Truffle Shuffle in Jaks Friday Prior To Forest 6-Pointer" then I would understand the out-rage. Seriously... we have no idea on Thorn's training schedule and we have as much information on Macca's dirty habit.

Hear say nonsense!! Up there with the Mackem's Hate Cov thread on their forum.

WillieStanley

Of course it is.

OK... I'll bite.

If he limits his smoking to... say, a rare treat, the effects will be unnoticable. Not everyone has such little control overthemselves that, once they have a cigarette they're instantly hooked on 200 a week. I think, we can probably afford him the benefit of the doubt.

If you are going to respond. Please respond to my full post. Are you a journalist?

Real

Jon Gaunt has just tweeted that PUSB should now stand for Pissed Up Sky Blues. He's a proper dickhead is Gaunt, but I think he may just be right on this.

Sick Boy

OK... I'll bite.

If he limits his smoking to... say, a rare treat, the effects will be unnoticable. Not everyone has such little control overthemselves that, once they have a cigarette they're instantly hooked on 200 a week. I think, we can probably afford him the benefit of the doubt.

If you are going to respond. Please respond to my full post. Are you a journalist?

Have you ever smoked yourself?

If he is smoking when he is drinking alcohol, then it is highly likely that he smokes whenever he drinks and that this is not a one off.

Also, the effects from smoking will not be unnoticeable, especially considering he is a professional sportsman.

Sick Boy

Jon gaunt @jongaunt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
Where's the statement from CCFC about allegations about players being pissed! Has anyone at Ricoh got self respect let alone respect

Jon gaunt @jongaunt Reply Retweet Favorite · Open
From now on PUSB means PISSED UP SKY BLUES! Disgrace to shirt. They should have been beasted Monday not given day off by failed scout Thorn

WillieStanley

Actually, I do smoke. I have the discipline to know when and when it isn't appropriate. For example, when I am with certain company, I won't smoke. All it takes is will power to control that habit.

I smoke because I enjoy it, but I have the self control to not let it interfere with my life. For example, I don't believe it appropriate to smoke around my daughter (rightly or wrongly) and my wife can't stand it, so when I am at home, I simply don't smoke.

Again, we can probably afford him the benefit of the doubt.

torchomatic

Brilliant! Gaunt was being slaughtered on here yesterday, today is being quoted because it helps someones arguments. You couldn't make it up!!

Sick Boy

Brilliant! Gaunt was being slaughtered on here yesterday, today is being quoted because it helps someones arguments. You couldn't make it up!!

How does it help an argument? It was just what he has tweeted. I am not a fan of him at all.

I am sure you must have moaned at some point about the lack of fitness coach, which now is no longer an issue.

Sick Boy

Actually, I do smoke. I have the discipline to know when and when it isn't appropriate. For example, when I am with certain company, I won't smoke. All it takes is will power to control that habit.

I smoke because I enjoy it, but I have the self control to not let it interfere with my life. For example, I don't believe it appropriate to smoke around my daughter (rightly or wrongly) and my wife can't stand it, so when I am at home, I simply don't smoke.

Again, we can probably afford him the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe you can patent something which allows people not get addicted to nicotine?

If he was a Sunday League player, I would agree that it wouldn't affect him too much, he is a professional sportsman, it is going to have an effect upon his performance.

Real

Because you don't like someone don't mean you cant agree with them..

Gaunt is a complete prat in my opinion, but I agree with that. Similarly to Richard Shaw, he was bloody hopeless, but it didn't mean he didn't have a decent game every now and again.

CUS Wyken

Gaunt is a complete prat in my opinion, but I agree with that. Similarly to Richard Shaw, he was bloody hopeless, but it didn't mean he didn't have a decent game every now and again.

Exactly, Gaunt a self serving prick but doesn't mean he's wrong on everything.

spooki cov lad

mcsheffrey in the oak

hi , to all i was there on sunday night at the oak , all the time the party was there , did not see mcsheffrey smoke at all as smoking shelter was right by me ,he had a few few few drinks , but one thing he did say to me ,is that he was very peed of by the result on saturday .... and as a true cov lad he was not happy with the way results are going ...there was a few other things said . but i will not post as, i believe a few things that was said , would please some but not others ............one thing i did notice that he did have time for people in there and never acted as a big headed footballer . happy to chat and have pictures taken

Sick Boy

hi , to all i was there on sunday night at the oak , all the time the party was there , did not see mcsheffrey smoke at all as smoking shelter was right by me ,he had a few few few drinks , but one thing he did say to me ,is that he was very peed of by the result on saturday .... and as a true cov lad he was not happy with the way results are going ...there was a few other things said . but i will not post as, i believe a few things that was said , would please some but not others ............one thing i did notice that he did have time for people in there and never acted as a big headed footballer . happy to chat and have pictures taken

Cheers, Gary!

WillieStanley

Maybe you can patent something which allows people not get addicted to nicotine?

If he was a Sunday League player, I would agree that it wouldn't affect him too much, he is a professional sportsman, it is going to have an effect upon his performance.

Addiction is about control. You either control it or you don't. It's choice.

That doesn't mean it's not difficult to control... but it certainly is not impossible.

torchomatic

And so starts Fag Gate. I'm so confused, who do I believe? :thinking about:

Real

Just because Spooki didn't see him smoking, it doesn't mean he wasn't. I care not a jot either way, I'd gone home before the Oak because I didn't want to do 2 weeks consecutive in there completely jarred up.

CUS Wyken

And so starts Fag Gate. I'm so confused, who do I believe? :thinking about:

HAHA CLASSIC.

You can smoke in more than just one place in the Oak not just the smoking shelter... So either the first time poster was stalking watching Gary Mac all night or someone who knows him has miraculously seen the thread and decided he must post something.

This site is brilliant.

torchomatic

Someone said he was and now someone said he wasn't. My pea-sized brain is going to explode.

Just because Spooki didn't see him smoking, it doesn't mean he wasn't. I care not a jot either way, I'd gone home before the Oak because I didn't want to do 2 weeks consecutive in there completely jarred up.

hughescov

Lmao, hilarious thread! 14 pages of absolute tripe about a lad from Coventry in a pub that has a massive bouncy castle in the beer garden.

torchomatic

Well, thanks for clearing that up. It must be true then.

HAHA CLASSIC.

You can smoke in more than just one place in the Oak not just the smoking shelter... So either the first time poster was stalking watching Gary Mac all night or someone who knows him has miraculously seen the thread and decided he must post something.

This site is brilliant.

spooki cov lad

dont forget realist . the fags are £12 a pack in the oak ...not even a prem football star would pay that ....never said he did not smoke . just said he was never in the smoking area . stood most of the night holding up the fruit machine . as i think it was going to fall over .........

Sick Boy

Addiction is about control. You either control it or you don't. It's choice.

That doesn't mean it's not difficult to control... but it certainly is not impossible.

Maybe you could be an advisor to the NHS? I am sure top doctors would be interested to learn a lot from you.

Users who are viewing this thread